PDA

View Full Version : What do you need to see?

CornishCorpse
30-Apr-2007, 08:10 PM
This is inspired by the gore thread about what gore in a zombie film have we not seen. The question I pose to you in this thread is

What scenes in a survival horror have we not seen but you NEED to see?

Personally I think a scene I would like to see in the next zombie survival epic I see would be a pistol being wrestled out of a survivors hands. Not in the battle way but I mean in the way that it was used in the patriot.

Imagine a army vet defending a settlement with the last of the survivors of the dead waves then between shotgun blasts they spot a familiar face of the remains of. His stumbling child smeared in blood, the shotgun blast seperates her from her head.

The man grits his teeth as the shot rings out killing his daughter, the shotgun barrel swings around as he points it to his own temple and closes his eyes before being dump tackled by another survivor.

ProfessorChaos
30-Apr-2007, 08:59 PM
In Skipp & Spector's "Book of the Dead", there is a story by Glen Vasey, called "Choices" There's a scene in that story where a lady and her daughter pick up a survivor and they all go back to the lady's house. Her husband, who happens to be a flesh-eating reanimated corpse, is waiting for them inside, and the little girl runs to her father, only realizing at the last second that something is different about daddy. He bites her throat open and she bleeds to death, and then the poor wife has to put a bullet in both her husband and her daughter's heads. That'd be some drama I'd like to see.

Come to think of it, there's plenty of stories in that book, as well as ones from the sequels, Still Dead, and Mondo Zombie that'd make great stories. So if any of you budding film-makers are looking for inspiration...

Cody
30-Apr-2007, 10:56 PM
a cool scene.

MissJacksonCA
01-May-2007, 04:41 AM
We saw a teaser on Dawn of the Dead the remake... where the girl was in the bus and being attacked and there was blood every where. That whole scene didn't make a lot of sense with the naked blonde chick walking about seemingly unharmed but obviously dazed on some level. But what i'd really like to see is a bus full of people being surrounded by a mob of zombies who gather around the exterior. Sure the (lets say they are) Japanese tourists and their cameras are going off like crazy (as you see portrayed in movies so often) and of course the women are screaming and the men are screaming like women... but they think they're safe. It is after all one of those swanky high rise buses and they're quite large ...a moving submarine if you will... so the driver just drives on unaware of the whole city teeming with these flesh eaters. But of course he realizes driving over them isn't proving productive its rocking the bus up and down and the ghouls are pusing the bus attacking it violently and moving it side to side... several are bashing the door with any and all parts of their bodies they have left. Some have even crawled under the bus into the cargo bay through a broken luggage door and are trying to burst up into the bus of terrified tourists who feel at any moment they're about to die but its essential of course to record this incident for historical purpose and in case they survive...

We have also seen scenes in LOTD where a person commits suicide and then comes back as a stone stupid zombie (I really thought they did a bad job with that whole scene it was too comedic the way he attacked his son with the cord still around his neck) and we have seen scenes in the Friday the 13the series (technically jason isn't a zombie no? I mean he kills people and he's undead) where he's presumed dead and then comes back and kills the hospital and police personnel but i'd like to see something similar... perhaps a person who kills themself and lets say the family just found them and is holding them in their arms and mourning the loss of a loved one and praying for them not to really be dead and well... if you're familiar with Poe you know sometimes what you wish for isn't exactly what you hoped for... heh heh heh

I also would really like to see a zombie movie take place in a high rise. The thing about block towers is they're essentially an isolated world. Full of people who dont know each other and often dont give a damn about each other. They have their own stores, markets, cafes inside. In Winnipeg the old Westin hotel actually has an undergroundd connector area that I believe began as a project the city wanted to start where all buildings would be connected under ground to shield people from the awful winter weather...and that whole underground space has stores and cafe's. I mean its a place teeming with people with essentially only one way out... the main entry way. Perhaps the city has quanantined the building and they're making a battle plan to storm the building for the infected and the survivors. Another really great location would be Portage Place Mall... also in Winnipeg its a series of taller buildings that are all connected by skyway walkways and the mall is two or three stories so if zombies ever went in there they'd easily spread block...to block... to block.

I like stories where people are trapped with no conventional means to escape and I know whenever i'm in a building whether its Costco or work or Nordstroms i'm looking up going how the hell will I get out of here if zombies are flooding in. Most people go for the easy out and straight to death.

MikePizzoff
01-May-2007, 04:55 AM
I want a zombie movie that shows entire cities abandoned and ridden with zombies. Highways sprawling with empty cars. Gas stations burning. No power anywhere.

I'm sick of movies either not showing any of that stuff or just showing it for a few minutes then having the rest of the movie take place indoors in one spot. I'm hoping Diary Of The Dead cures my hunger.

Cody
01-May-2007, 05:49 AM
Jackson if you have a 360 and own dead rising you can see a scene where a school bus is being over ran by zombies

Dommm
01-May-2007, 09:34 AM
I want a zombie movie that shows entire cities abandoned and ridden with zombies. Highways sprawling with empty cars. Gas stations burning. No power anywhere.

I'm sick of movies either not showing any of that stuff or just showing it for a few minutes then having the rest of the movie take place indoors in one spot. I'm hoping Diary Of The Dead cures my hunger.

That would awsome, opening scene of a top down shot of a city, skyscrapers and buildings showing neglect, explosions and carcrashes become more evident to have accured as you zoom in closer. finally zooms in closer to a small child running on silent feet through this ciity scape with a backpack on, and a rough assortment of leather garments. The rest of the movie shows you the horror of the catastrophe some 50 years on following a group of wandering from city to city gathering what they can to survive and hunting in the wildernesses.

We saw a teaser on Dawn of the Dead the remake... where the girl was in the bus and being attacked and there was blood every where. That whole scene didn't make a lot of sense with the naked blonde chick walking about seemingly unharmed but obviously dazed on some level.

she was probably the result of some sort of sexual, predatory assualt by your fellow man living in a sudden state of lawlessness.

Philly_SWAT
01-May-2007, 12:32 PM
I would love to see a epic zombie movie scene, starring Jessica Alba and Reese Witherspoon, where they become zombies after an attack. But before they become zombies, there is an extended, full nudity lesbian scene.

jim102016
01-May-2007, 01:24 PM
I would love to see a epic zombie movie scene, starring Jessica Alba and Reese Witherspoon, where they become zombies after an attack. But before they become zombies, there is an extended, full nudity lesbian scene.

Philly, why make them become zombies when they could be someone's personal sex slaves for the rest of the movie! That would inspire me to be extra careful everyday so I could get home on time!

jim102016
01-May-2007, 01:25 PM
I once saw a story in the fiction site here about a helicopter crash landing in the middle of a city with only one survivor. The poor bastard had to find his way back out of an unfamiliar city. Perhaps a story where an aircraft crew had to find its way back to safety....they might witness all sorts of destruction on the way home.

Dommm
01-May-2007, 02:42 PM

mmm.. Jessica Alba would love to see that, shame she always has no nudity clauses in her contracts. ahhh welll the dream lives on.

Danny
01-May-2007, 03:14 PM
somethign with the feel of the cutscene you get in dead rising if you dont press start, have people head across the landscape, you saw a bit of that in land with the crashed plane and the like but id like to see the "easy rider" of zombie movies if you catch my drift.:cool:

EvilNed
01-May-2007, 03:18 PM

I second that. I want a really post-apocalyptic zombiefilm. There aren't to many around.

DVW5150
02-May-2007, 01:06 PM
somethign with the feel of the cutscene you get in dead rising if you dont press start, have people head across the landscape, you saw a bit of that in land with the crashed plane and the like but id like to see the "easy rider" of zombie movies if you catch my drift.:cool:

No crashed plane in Land, thats a train.:dead:
I think the way GAR is headed in 'Diary' is not going to be that vast vision you are craving.
Film students experience the outbreak and make their own movie.

capncnut
02-May-2007, 05:22 PM
I keep prattling on about that Italian Max Mad clone that had zombies in it. I swear it was called Freedom Fighters or something... had similar-ish sequences.

Debbieangel
02-May-2007, 05:40 PM
I would like to see it at the human level like it is everyday stuff not cinematic, like you walk outside and there it is happening right on your own street, surrealistic, I think GAR is doing that with Diary.
To me that is scarey beyond scarey, your next door neighbor being eaten by a zombie, someone you have known most of your life gone in minutes!
That is scarey!
In NOTLD these were strangers thrown together you could distance yourself from them, know what I mean? But, when it becomes personal when you really really get to know the characters it is very scarey to me anyway!
You dont want to see any of them get killed. I mean there is always the antagonist in the mix that you want the zombies to tear apart.
But, what if there is a village of people that get along that have known each other all their lives and then the dead rise? Wouldnt that be something totally different to watch or to morbid?

zombieparanoia
02-May-2007, 09:46 PM
I'd think the postapocalyptic cityscape would be pretty easy what with modern CGI technology.

I'd like to see more scenes of the collapse of society, where its becoming clearer that we're fighting a losing battle, things like military units barricading cities to keep the zombie hordes in and just mowing down zombies in droves trying to keep them back but having to fall back because they just can't keep up.

Arcades057
02-May-2007, 10:03 PM
1) Character development. Really, it's missing from so many movies these days. Directors actually cut this stuff out to make room for typical Hollywood fluff! You watch a whole movie, effectively entering into the lives of folks who, by the end of the movie, you couldn't give two craps and a fornicate about!

2) Less emphasis on "Oh, poor zombie!" more emphasis "OK, let's kill them." Day and Land have both been more about learning about zombies and making us feel bad for them than about going ape and killing them.

3) Marksmanship. Really. Seriously. A whole damn magazine to kill one zombie being shocked by an electic fence? :rolleyes:

4) SCARY LOOKING ZOMBIES! The ones from Night '90 were pretty gruesome; the ones from Land were... not at all.

zombieparanoia
02-May-2007, 10:11 PM
Markmanship, good point, too often in movies like these the people are incredibly poor shots including the police and military people. I would think that poor markmanship would be a fast ticket to the front line of zombie chow but for some reason the person who is the worst shot always seems to live the longest in zombie flicks.

Bertors
08-May-2007, 11:26 PM

Sorry, but "Diary" will not cure this hunger. What you are talking about are VERY expansive scenes. I too would love to see more extensive post apocalyptic stuff, but sadly only a very fat budget could deliver this.

DEAD BEAT
09-May-2007, 09:12 PM
LIKE THE REST OF YOU I TOO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE SCENES SHOWING WHOLE CITIES IN RUIN AS WELL AS EVERYDAY SITUATIONS,I THINK WE GOT A TASTE OF THAT IN DAWN AND THATS PROBABLY WHY MOST OF US FIND IT TO BE THE BEST!:cool:

BUT I HAVE AN EVEN MORE UN ANSWERED QUESTION...IF MORE AND MORE FANS KEEP REPEATING THE SAME THING ON WHAT THEY WOULD WANT MORE WHY ARENT THESE CORPORATE ASSSHOLES DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

INSTEAD OF SHOVING SHIIIIT LIKE DAY REMAKE DOWN OUR THROUGHTS!!:mad:

zombieparanoia
11-May-2007, 06:32 AM
Because all movies are run through marketing and marketing relies on test group input a lot of the time and there are few things ****tier than the general publics taste in zombie movies, these are the people that watch Air Bud 11.

Danny
11-May-2007, 06:54 AM
^and thats why i thank god weve got the bbfc for this over here.
100 people from all alks of life watch a film, rate it adn then it gets released, simple as.