PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth - United Abominations

MikePizzoff
01-May-2007, 04:40 AM
I heard an advanced copy of this album today. I must say I'm very impressed. It's nothing stellar but it sure is 100x better than, say, Youthenasia, Risk, Rude Awakening. There are some pretty good tunes on here; deffinitely worthy of banging your head to. There are also a couple of tunes that I feel bring down the value of the album... Atout Le Monde being the only one of the two that I can think of the title for right now.

I'd give it a 7.5/10 - deffinitely worth checking out and possibly even picking up.

Anybody else hear it yet or plan on getting it?

Why don't we have an emoticon that throws up the horns yet? There are enough ragers on this board to justify it!

Moon Knight
01-May-2007, 07:38 AM
Will pick it up for sure. Megadeth is one of the only few real thrash bands left. Rust in Peace for life.

Bongholio
01-May-2007, 08:27 AM
"tremble ye weaklings,...cower in fear,I am your ruler
LAND,SEA and AIR"
They've been mostly worthless and without awesome riffs since Friedman left or "kill the king" IMHO

at least they keep trying

MikePizzoff
01-May-2007, 11:11 AM
There was plenty of crappy stuff that came out even when Friedman was still in the band.

I think Dave has some pretty cool riffs on this album. Every now and then there are riffs that even remind me of Rust In Peace/Peace Sells/So Far era.