PDA

View Full Version : anyone here tech savvy? mp3 and player question

MissJacksonCA
02-May-2007, 04:12 AM
I was looking at buying an MP3 player and was curious if anyone here can reccomend one? I know ipods seem most popular everyone I know has one but does anyone have something thats not 200 dollars? And can anyone reccomend a site for downloading mp3? Itunes vs Napster?

Danny
02-May-2007, 09:34 AM
just get a zen one, they hold like 4gb and cost like 50 quid, no itunes or anything just put mp3's straight on there, simple as.

LouCipherr
02-May-2007, 12:15 PM
Hellsing is right, the Zen's are indeed good.

I also recommend the Creative Labs MuVo player. There's none of that iTunes crap to worry about (which is the one major reason why I hate the ipods, along with their DRM scheme) to get your songs onto your player - all you have to do is drag and drop your mp3's right onto the player in Windows Explorer. I'm not sure what sizes the MuVo is made in, but I know my wife has a 1gb player and it's been great.

I can't, however, say the same for the 2nd gen iPod Nano I rc'vd as a xmas gift. I HATE these ipods. Mine, as a matter of fact, locks up at least once a day, even after being restored to the factory settings 3 or 4 times! Great hardware design there, guys! :rolleyes:

Who the hell can't program a simple flash-based mp3 player to not lock up?

Oh yeah, Apple. :mad:

LC

coma
02-May-2007, 04:28 PM
I have a little samsung one that I git on sale for 35 dollars. It holds on gig , has a good enough display and never has any errors. I am very happy with it. I think its listed at 75 dollars but I see it for between 35-60 bucks. You just USB plug it into your comp and drag and drop. And no video, obviously, for that price. I dont use I tunes (I dont like apple anything) to score Mp3s, I have other methods. I broke the earbuds, my fault, but I dropped it a bunch and it still works prefect, so that is good, but It did mess up the headphone.

I have no idea how much a quid is and I think you might not either, missjackson:D