PDA

View Full Version : Were you dissapointed in RE the movie?

Cody
02-May-2007, 06:34 AM
Its on sci fi right now and I was just thinking how it has NOTHING to do with RE 1-3 games. the zombies are the only link to it being called resident evil. holly wood trash it be.

Danny
02-May-2007, 09:39 AM
the first one was trash, the final bad guy was a freakin' licker, nuff said, the second one ive grown to really enjoy, from a b movie stand point, i mean the films basically one long zombie/ mutant hunting scene, no romance or trashy crap just nonesop action, adn thats what resident evils all about, a great rainy day film , at least.

bassman
02-May-2007, 01:06 PM
I was totally disapointed with both. I was at least able to shut my brain down and watch the first one, but he second was absolute crap. Horrible excuse for a film.:barf:

It can all be summed up by one name: Pauk W.S. Anderson.:hurl:

capncnut
02-May-2007, 05:12 PM
Resident Evil - 1 out of 10 (gets a 1 for the laser trap sequence)
Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse - 2 out of 10 (gets a 2 for the effort of keeping it in the videogame)

In other words, both films stink!

axlish
02-May-2007, 05:19 PM
I like the first. I look at it as a side-story prequel to the games universe. The second film tried to incorporate the game storyline, and it did so cheezily. I still had fun with it though.

Part 1 - 7 out of 10
Part 2 - 6.5 out of 10

fartpants
02-May-2007, 06:56 PM
2 was better than 1 because of one thing JILL VALENTINE ( mini skirt, boots and guns , what a combination..)

ProfessorChaos
02-May-2007, 06:59 PM
yeah, i saw the first one in the theaters, and was pretty pissed. they could've done a much better job of keeping it at least somewhat like the game...which is still the best survival horror game of all time.

the second one was a little better, but that's not saying much. it came off as way too campy and predictable. no real surprises throughout the entire film.

both were a let-down, and i'll probably end up seeing part 3 once it hits dvd, but it'll probably be a waste of time...:bored:

MikePizzoff
02-May-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't like either. I think they both suck, should do a better job at involving the games, and are geared toward the MTV-generation teeny boppers.

CornishCorpse
02-May-2007, 08:15 PM
The movies sucked big old donkey balls, Im a big fan of the games and it was through the RE games that I found romero. I was desperate to see the first movie and was there on the first night it was shown in my local town, I pre booked and everything.

The film was appaling and yep the laser scene does get a nod but there are so many ways they could have gone and done it so better if only following a basic plot from one of the games. My heart gave a flicker when she ripped open one of her draws to find it lined with machineguns in a case but did she try and use them? Nah..

The zombies werent scary or threatening in anyway. They were playing to the stupid blood covered zombie, the movies raped the zombie like america raped the ring.

Ive seen the second film a couple of times just because it was on and I thought Id give it a shot. Nemesis fighting alice? What ze hell? If anyone has played the nemesis game you will know he is a scary hentai making foo`. In that movie I was surprised the black guy didnt try and pimp slap the crazy biotch.

Re1-1.4/10
Re2-0.8/ 10

DEAD BEAT
02-May-2007, 08:21 PM
I think this was one of those films to where the sequel was better than the original!

The 3rd one looks a little promising but not by much!:moon:

EvilNed
02-May-2007, 09:21 PM
The Resident Evil films suuuuucked big time. The zombies? They were pale, hissing and drooling. How is that scary? Never ever did you see any of them sink their teeth into anyone, they would just drag them into a large crowd and they would disappear.

Why are we supposed to fear these hissing goths again?

AcesandEights
02-May-2007, 09:23 PM
I thought the first one was great, but I had it written off to begin with and had the pleasant afterglow of being nicely surprised when I left the theatre. There was some cheap, quick-cut editing action that will make you jump and I didn't mind that. I thought the zombies were fine and I liked the action and overall feel, considering it was a movie based on a video game. I thought it was good, light zombie fun and better than most B zombie movies I have seen.

As far as the 1st movie not following RE cannon...well, I could care less. I had it written off because it was an RE movie to begin with. As far as the sequel is concerned, it wasn't even worth my time to finish the movie. I literally could not sit through it.

ProfessorChaos
02-May-2007, 09:25 PM
did anyone else get really farking tired of michelle rodriguez's character?

after like four lines of dialogue, i was hoping she'd get her throat ripped out and we'd get to watch her suffer an agonizing slow death....

EvilNed
02-May-2007, 09:31 PM
I cheered when they killed off her character in Lost.

Cody
02-May-2007, 09:47 PM
so we argee to put it on the shame list of zombie films

Arcades057
02-May-2007, 09:56 PM
I got a kick out of it. I remember that I loved it at first, which is more than I can say for other zombie movies, but I think after having watched it so much, I kind of got tired of it. I watched it yesterday twice, since it was on, but didn't really pay attention to it.

I give RE1 a 7 out of 10 for zombies, Michelle Rodriguez/Milla Jovovich, and frickin laser beams.

I give RE2 a 0 out of a million because of the fight scenes, the running down a friggin wall, Nemesis not sticking his tentacles through anyone, and a movie unintentionally turned into a comedy with that one comedian guy in it.

Not to say I don't own them both on DVD...

kona843
03-May-2007, 12:28 AM
Neither of them were masterpieces, but what do you expect from a film based on a computer game? Milla Jovovich is hot though.

Danny
03-May-2007, 12:29 AM
that exactly my point, resi 2 and 3 is a totally over the top action game, yet when an action movie is based on it people think its a bit too "b movie":rolleyes:

Andy
03-May-2007, 01:10 PM
To me, the resident evil movies always rank around the same level as NOTLD 30th anniversary edition, Contagium and ROTLD 3.

In short, movies that should never have been made.

The first resident evil is better than the second one, mildly, but their still both about as entertaining as playing with cowdung on a hot day. now let me clarify my point becuase im not going for the "their too actiony and their B movies" no their not, not at all... B movies are enjoyable in a weird way..

My problem with the resident evil movies is that Paul "every movie ive ever made flopped" Anderson took the name resident evil and said a big screw you all the fans of the games... disregarded all the facts laid down by the games and made his own crappy movie which on its own merit would get a 4 out of 10.. not bad but below average.. except a GAR script was rejected so that anderson's could be made, a fact which knocks it down to unbearable for me, everytime i watch it i think i could be watching.

The second resident evil takes what the first one did and magnifies it, not only does it diregard the games but it makes some feeble attempt to link in with the games, and by attempt i mean, it named some characters after characters in the games and that is it, plus giving milli jojojojojojojojojojovich special powers? per-lease :rolleyes:

Umberella put a wall around the city? they let people out? nemesis was some kind of terminator wanna be.. they even took all the mystery away from the nemesis by trying to explain where he came from.. worse. movie. ever. fact

Danny
03-May-2007, 03:43 PM
...the nemesis WAS a terminator wannabe.:p

Andy
03-May-2007, 04:02 PM
The nemesis was a tyrant prototype.. NOT a machine NOT a cyborg, no-where in any of the games, novels or comics is it even hinted that the nemesis is a machine or part machine. never.

The movie made it out to be a terminator wannabe and im sure they used some recycled footage from terminator 3 when it showed what the nemesis was seeing :rolleyes:

Danny
03-May-2007, 04:30 PM
the nemesis parasite was created by the french branch of umbrella, wesker "procured" one of the parasites and tried to get it to bond with lisa trevor form resident evil but it failed, it never specified who or what the second host was, only that it required the g virus to work, hence the blob mutation at the end of resi 3. There are still 4 nemesis parasites in the resi universe, so who knows, maybe theres a nemesis -plagas hybrid in resi 5?
...anyway point is the nemesis was created waaaaay after the tyrant program was created, which was the point of the t virus anyway.

Loneshamber
03-May-2007, 04:32 PM
2 was better than 1 because of one thing JILL VALENTINE ( mini skirt, boots and guns , what a combination..)

Haha, word. I remember loathing the release of this film because of how much the first movie damaged what the Biohazard games were all about, and totally ignored what has happened in the games, but I suppose this was to be expected with a movie based off a videogame.:|

When I saw the actress playing Jill in the trailer for the second film, I ignored the part of me that knew the film would be equally as horrible as the first, and knew that at the very least i'd be treated to some very nice eye candy:D

Andy
03-May-2007, 04:34 PM
the nemesis parasite was created by the french branch of umbrella, wesker "procured" one of the parasites and tried to get it to bond with lisa trevor form resident evil but it failed, it never specified who or what the second host was, only that it required the g virus to work, hence the blob mutation at the end of resi 3. There are still 4 nemesis parasites in the resi universe, so who knows, maybe theres a nemesis -plagas hybrid in resi 5?
...anyway point is the nemesis was created waaaaay after the tyrant program was created, which was the point of the t virus anyway.
..And what part of all that says terminator wannabe to you?

I dont recall anything remotely similar happening in the terminator universe..

Danny
03-May-2007, 04:40 PM
the fact that he as programmed, albiet for all we knew only mentally in the games, to seek out and murder members of the special tactics and rescue squad, sounds terminator-ish to me, he doesnt sleep, he doesnt get tired, he doesnt stop till he gets you, werve i heard that before?:sneaky:

Andy
03-May-2007, 04:43 PM
the fact that he as programmed, albiet for all we knew only mentally in the games, to seek out and murder members of the special tactics and rescue squad, sounds terminator-ish to me, he doesnt sleep, he doesnt get tired, he doesnt stop till he gets you, werve i heard that before?:sneaky:
Again, its never said in the game that he's reprogrammed.. your guessing that.

As for the he dosn't sleep, dosn't get tired and dosn't stop til he gets what he wants, well neither do zombies.. does that mean terminator ripped off romero?

capncnut
03-May-2007, 05:07 PM
Resi fanboys, it's neverending. :D

Danny
03-May-2007, 09:37 PM
if theres a few givens on this forum, like mz calling me jaded, or bitchin' about the finer points of mouse and keyboard over controller, or capn finding obscure youtube vids, then theres usually a like thing were every3 months were me and andy try to "outfanboy" each other.

but what else are forums for reallY? :thumbsup:

Cody
03-May-2007, 10:44 PM
Andy I kinda liked ROTLD3

Danny
03-May-2007, 11:47 PM
*looks at the flor adn shakes head in disspointement*:p

capncnut
04-May-2007, 01:50 AM
Andy I kinda liked ROTLD3
<high fives the Codester>

1-3 are defintely worthy. 3 is technically 'good' s**t but still s**t nonetheless. I guess we all want a sado-masochistic zomb bitch at some time or another. Mindy Clarke would get seriously f**ked. :D

Bertors
08-May-2007, 11:19 PM
RE and RE Apocalypse are both great popcorn movies, the second one being the better of the duo. They are NOT good Zombie movies, but they entertained me well (and much better than many zero-budget-no-imagination-amateur-zombie-flicks)

OddDNA
12-May-2007, 08:25 PM
But I liked the 1st one..

the 2nd one couldnt have been a worse movie.

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 04:17 AM
Its on sci fi right now and I was just thinking how it has NOTHING to do with RE 1-3 games. the zombies are the only link to it being called resident evil. holly wood trash it be.

That's what they do nowdays. They pay for the naming rights from a franchise so they can slap it on a movie that disrespects it. Total but rape.

For the record the first one gets a 7 simply on the strength of showing milla's nipple. :elol:

MissJacksonCA
25-Jun-2007, 04:52 AM
I suppose because I dont play video games I have a different perspective on the movie but I really loved it. :D

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 05:03 AM
I suppose because I dont play video games I have a different perspective on the movie but I really loved it. :D

it's the same feeling that fans of the original DOTD got from the remake.

acealive1
25-Jun-2007, 05:50 AM
i loved them. i own them and i will see part 3 when it comes out and will buy it on dvd

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 05:54 AM
That's the thing with me also. I'm addicted to zombie flicks. If it's not slit your wrists bad chances are that i own it. :D

MontagMOI
25-Jun-2007, 10:03 AM
Paul WS Anderson is a bigger hack than The Snyde. :D

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, loo loo loo you got some too"

JohnoftheDead
25-Jun-2007, 03:16 PM
That's what they do nowdays. They pay for the naming rights from a franchise so they can slap it on a movie that disrespects it. Total but rape.

For the record the first one gets a 7 simply on the strength of showing milla's nipple. :elol:

ACTUALLY... if you slow that scene down at the end when she falls off the table, you even get to see Milla's nether regions too! Anyways, I kinda liked the first RE if I don't think about the video games, but the WAY over the top action in the 2nd one just makes me wanna pull my own eyeballs out.

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 04:53 PM
ACTUALLY... if you slow that scene down at the end when she falls off the table, you even get to see Milla's nether regions too! Anyways, I kinda liked the first RE if I don't think about the video games, but the WAY over the top action in the 2nd one just makes me wanna pull my own eyeballs out.

I have a feeling that the slow button on my remote is going to get a vigorous workout tonight. :D