View Full Version : Severed

Huescacho
03-May-2007, 02:41 AM
The last week I saw this movie, and I believe that is a good zombie movie. The pursuit ruuning through the wood, give me a little of stress (good thing in a zombie movie, no?). Somebody know this movie?. :sneaky:

AcesandEights
03-May-2007, 04:09 AM
Yeah, I watched that movie based largely on reviews of the film I had read here (thread can still be found on the boards, I believe) and it was a solid film. I didn't like the ending so much, but thought it was done well over all.

It's odd you bring this up, as I was just thinking about this movie this last week...

dirtydwarf
03-May-2007, 02:11 PM
I thought it was a great movie. Very well don, good Zombie effects and portrayal. It had it's week points which pretty much started near the end of the film and did not care for the ending much, but it is right up with some of my favorites.

Bertors
06-May-2007, 12:09 AM
Jesus, you people are easy to please! "Severed" ist total crap, sorry.

Danny
06-May-2007, 12:15 AM
or it could be that people have unique views of there own:rolleyes:

Bertors
06-May-2007, 12:40 AM
or it could be that people have unique views of there own:rolleyes:

Or some people are total uncritical fanboys who get an erection any time a dull movie tries to sell itīs **** with the word "zombies"? Come on folks, I am a total sucker for zombie-flicks and I watch each and everyone, but I still am able to see a bad flick as a bad flick. There are very few decent and even less GOOD zombie movies, but many grade-z-flicks which are just plainly bad. The last ok non-Romero-Zombie-movies I saw were "The quick and the undead" (a bit boring, 4/10) and "House of the dead II" (FAR better than the sucking Uwe Boll-****fest "House of the dead I". HOTD II has good undead action, good actors, a straight story, decent gore and competent directing. 7/10).

AcesandEights
06-May-2007, 08:16 PM
House of the Dead II? Decent :confused:

A truly enlightening glimpse into your mindset. Thank you. Seriously, I look forward to more pearls of wisdom from you.

axlish
06-May-2007, 08:33 PM
House of the Dead 2 was actually pretty good, much better than part 1.

AcesandEights
06-May-2007, 09:22 PM

I don't dispute that it was better than part 1, but...

Danny
07-May-2007, 02:45 AM
...its like saying "it was a car accident rather than a train wreck", it still sucks.

GhostWolf
07-May-2007, 04:45 AM
The first house of the dead movie wasn't bad if you were looking for something to kill an hour or more.

KillerABN
07-May-2007, 10:14 AM
Severed wasnt a bad movie the one thing I keep in mind when watching Zombie flicks is that they have a small budget.

HOTD was crap yet they made a second one. That makes me wonder who payed for the second one when the first was junk :stunned:

axlish
07-May-2007, 02:35 PM
HOTD was crap yet they made a second one. That makes me wonder who payed for the second one when the first was junk :stunned:

Research Uwe Boll and then get back with us.

dirtydwarf
08-May-2007, 02:33 PM

Gotta agree with this. I enjoyed HOTD 2 and Quick and the Dead just as much as I enjoyed Severed.

Or some people are total uncritical fanboys who get an erection any time a dull movie tries to sell itīs **** with the word "zombies"?

Nope. I thought Severd was a decent movie. Much better than HOTD, Zombie Nation and many, many other 'dull movies' like ROTLD 2 which was an embarassment. But to each his own. And how did you know I have an erection!?!?!

Dommm
08-May-2007, 02:49 PM
Okay I stand by Redneck Zombies

Hessian
08-May-2007, 03:30 PM
The mutated tree sap turning people into zombies was rather dumb, but orginal at least. Over all I found the movie to be mildly entertaining. Not the best, but better then HOTD.

Bertors
08-May-2007, 10:53 PM
Sorry Folks if I sounded arrogant. I apologize as I know myself that I love movies that other people hate. Of Course there are many worse movies than "Severed"

btw: It seems that some people are mixing up "House of the dead" (directed by Uwe Boll) and "House of the dead II". Part two hast NOTHING to do with part one and is a pretty good zombie action movie. While Part one was an abdomination to Jesus, part two actually had cool and "romeroesque" Zombies and a straight story. Not the greatest story on earth, but at least not the nonsense that part one offered.

axlish
12-Jun-2007, 02:16 AM
Just got done watching this one. It had a lot of potential, but I feel that it didn't deliver. ** out of *****