PDA

View Full Version : Uwe Boll's 'Postal' is good!?

Neil
04-May-2007, 11:04 AM
http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/009894.html

EvilNed
04-May-2007, 11:32 AM
This sounds like a movie for me.

bassman
04-May-2007, 12:06 PM
"Uwe Boll" and "good" are words that just don't go together....

LouCipherr
04-May-2007, 12:31 PM
"Uwe Boll" and "good" are words that just don't go together....

I was just getting ready to post the exact same thing. Great minds, bassman, great minds... :lol:

Does this bozo have the ability to make a movie - ANY movie - other than a video-game-to-movie adaptation anymore? :rolleyes:

This isn't one I wouldn't even put on my "never watch" list. :lol:

EvilNed
04-May-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh come on. A Uwe Boll film that gets a good review has got to be enough to peak anyone's interest. At least mine!

Danny
04-May-2007, 03:30 PM
I was just getting ready to post the exact same thing. Great minds, bassman, great minds... :lol:

Does this bozo have the ability to make a movie - ANY movie - other than a video-game-to-movie adaptation anymore? :rolleyes:

This isn't one I wouldn't even put on my "never watch" list. :lol:

i think i read its some kind of cluase in uerope about making a flop and actualy getting more money than if it was a hit, guess he saw the producers and said "im avin' some of zat!"

EvilNed
04-May-2007, 04:19 PM
He is using the german tax system to fund these films somehow, but I'm no economic whiz so I forgot how. I may be way out of line, tho, but I know at least two of his films have been funded that way. I don't think this one or "In the Name of the King" was, tho. And that film looks kinda interesting, if I do say so myself. Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta in a fantasy epic? Hey... I'm sold.

LouCipherr
04-May-2007, 06:08 PM
I think you're right, EN - I remember reading about that somewhere, I just don't remember where or how it worked.

Damn, he may make sucky films, but he knows how to shuffle the numbers to work to his advantage.

Bastard. :lol:

MinionZombie
04-May-2007, 07:19 PM
Being a fan of the Postal films, I do actually wanna check it out sometime, and also for the curiosity factor - "how bad will it be? how offensive will it be?" ... I'm just too curious to leave the Postal movie be...I recently saw a couple of trailers for it on YouTube...anyone know when it's out? Theatres? :rockbrow: Straight to DVD?

capncnut
04-May-2007, 10:26 PM
I have to admit I find myself drawn to Postal because of the controversy, even though I completely disagree with some of the themes. Now that folks are claiming Uwe Boll has made a good movie, it only makes me want to see it more.

I bet it's still s**t though. :dead:

MinionZombie
04-May-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah it's likely to still be sh*t, but I too wanna see it just to see this damn thing (as well as being a big Postal game fan - can't wait to see Postal 3 - on the f*cking SOURCE engine for cripes sake!!! :eek::stunned:)

There's nothing like a slice of OTT political incorrectness spliced with sadistic and bloody violence dashed with a splash of piss. :lol::lol:

EvilNed
04-May-2007, 11:07 PM
Here's three screens from Postal 3.

http://www.xboxygen.com/index.php?file=News&op=suite&news_id=4147

MinionZombie
05-May-2007, 11:12 AM
Woah, are those really real? They look great...

*fingers crossed for full on havoc style physics and vehicles* :evil:

capncnut
05-May-2007, 06:56 PM
Damn, Ned. Thems looks nice mon. :cool:

MinionZombie
05-May-2007, 07:00 PM
Ah mate, I can't wait to play Postal 3, see what depraved deeds you can get up to... :elol::evil::D

I remember the hilarity of severing heads with a shovel and then kicking them around with your foot in Postal 2, that was great.

capncnut
07-May-2007, 05:02 AM
He almost makes decapitation sound pretty. :confused::skull:

MinionZombie
07-May-2007, 11:09 AM
He almost makes decapitation sound pretty. :confused::skull:
Well ... FUN at least ... in a videogame setting. It'll suck in real life, no diggity, but when I found out you could do that on Postal 2, man alive, the evil grin and maniacal laugh that came out of me, ho ho ho...:evil:

EvilNed
07-May-2007, 02:53 PM
I laughed my ass off when I played the Postal 2 demo. The game is different and funny. Besides the Dude's oneliners are just perfect!

"I bet you thought you weren't gonna die today - surprise!"

"Please, don't think I'm a biggot. I kill all races equally!"

(Dressed up as cop) "Somebody stole my donuts and now you're all gonna pay!"