PDA

View Full Version : 'Fracture' - Deformable terrain :)

Neil
04-May-2007, 01:16 PM
Make sure you check out the video towards the bottom of the page...

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/785/785287p1.html

ps: No mention of PC :(

MikePizzoff
04-May-2007, 01:35 PM
Pretty awesome video. I just hope you can change the landscape a little more than that.

Danny
04-May-2007, 03:28 PM
huh. yknow deformable and destructable ladn would really make a difference in some games, take the second halo, sure items can explode, you can shoot out the wheels on a warthog, but when you throw a grenade it explodes leveing a smooth surface with a burn mark on it, they should use nex techologies like this to make craters and stuff in real time.

capncnut
04-May-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice find Neil, I'll keep my eye on this.

deformable and destructable ladn would really make a difference in some games, take the second halo, when you throw a grenade it explodes leveing a smooth surface with a burn mark on it, they should use nex techologies like this to make craters and stuff in real time.
I got a funny feeling something similar will be used in Halo 3.

Danny
05-May-2007, 12:50 AM
i dont think so, i have senn a fair few vids and i think the new pysihcs in the game is more devoted to the new types of shields in the game, like the shiled grenade, like in one vid a guy threw a grenade, then a shield grenade over that, stood next to it and you see the grenade explode in a shiled bubble and the inside was just the same black ground, itd be cool to see like a cicrular area of devastation, like the time warp bubbles at the start of the terminator.

MinionZombie
05-May-2007, 11:23 AM
Sweetness. I also watched a trailer recently for the new Battlefield game by EA, I forget the name now, but apparently in that game you can destroy your surroundings. So if you lob a grenade at a wall, sh*t's gonna get blown up.

DVW5150
08-May-2007, 12:30 AM
very very very...fascinating.