PDA

View Full Version : The Top 25 SciFi Movies/TV Shows in the Last 25 Years

Kaos
04-May-2007, 03:25 PM
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20036782_20037403_20037541,00.html

It has many that you would guess and a few you might not.

Sorry, Neil. No Babylon 5 here.

My favorite inclusion: John Carpenter's The Thing

Danny
04-May-2007, 03:39 PM
no friggin' way, they said total recall was better than dr.who AND heroes!?!

thats just wrong, clad to see fireflys on there, that show was way better than most scifi type stuff on tv nowadays.

bassman
04-May-2007, 04:41 PM
no friggin' way, they said total recall was better than dr.who AND heroes!?!

Never seen "Dr. Who", but I agree with it being better than "Heroes". That show is just laughable to me.

EvilNed
04-May-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm glad Starship Troopers is on that list. Easily the best Sci-fi from the 90's. And The Matrix as number 1! Oh yeah! That's 90's too, tho. Meh, it's a tie between them. :D

fartpants
04-May-2007, 09:51 PM
wheres Blakes 7...

capncnut
04-May-2007, 10:34 PM
Ol' skool Dr Who will always be top for me. :cool:

Cody
05-May-2007, 12:22 AM
on a side note a side article said the x-files 2 movie could be in productuon soon :) :) :) i just had a tiny orgasm

DVW5150
07-May-2007, 11:26 PM
Silent Running...

MikePizzoff
08-May-2007, 12:51 AM
I think Quantam Leap and BTTF should both be ranked higher.

Danny
08-May-2007, 01:52 AM
y'know i wasnt sure about the new battlestar being second only to the matrix, but i saw the last two eps of season 3 the other day and now i think it deserves the spot, its really underrated adn its one of the best sci-fis on tv rightnow, possibly better than heroes, definatley better than lost.

Exatreides
08-May-2007, 02:10 AM
B5 needs to be on there! :(

Rottedfreak
08-May-2007, 07:41 AM
y'know i wasnt sure about the new battlestar being second only to the matrix, but i saw the last two eps of season 3 the other day and now i think it deserves the spot, its really underrated and its one of the best sci-fis on tv right now, possibly better than heroes, definatley better than lost.

Hardly underrated considering the constant praise it's getting. Theres just some people who will wait for a show to falter before tearing it apart and impatient others who'll go to petty heights of attacking it for everything it's about.

Neil
08-May-2007, 08:11 AM
I think there's some serious fanboy voting or something involved with that list...

But none-the-less, some I agree with a good proportion of it...

BUT HOW IS STAR WARS NOT IN THE TOP FIVE, yet along the list altogethor?

MissJacksonCA
08-May-2007, 08:20 AM
I just dont think ET shoulda been on there. I'm not sure why everyone loves it but for me it was one of my most loathed films. Still is actually lol.

Neil
08-May-2007, 09:20 AM
I just dont think ET shoulda been on there. I'm not sure why everyone loves it but for me it was one of my most loathed films. Still is actually lol.

Close Encounters should be in ET's place IMHO...

suicide22
08-May-2007, 10:12 AM
Sliders was a great show about wormholes and alternative dimensions. Quinn builds the technology to allow travelling through dimensions, then takes his friends into this alternative earth and something goes wrong. Great show, except when they start replacing they original cast with replacement character in the forth season it get too much when the main actors brother in real life joins the cast. The first couple of episodes you think he is playing a weak submissive character on the show. But we quickly learn that that's how good his acting gets and it's awful... and it soon seems like a not get home show, but a brother team due show even knowing how awful the other brother is. There were not enough room for Rembrandt in this season. However, the end of season four they found Quinines home world, that changed, then he chooses not stay. Always thought Quinn was not from this world. I just thought that Quinine we meet in the Pilot Episode, after Quinines first test slide was not from this world and was a voiding his destiny; then figured out the equations so he would so Quinine could slide. He probably meets the other Quinines on other worlds -- then got him to slide. The last Season was not that bad, it had different characters, but Rembrandt got home to fight the cromags.:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :cool:

_liam_
08-May-2007, 02:32 PM
children of men, doctor who, brazil (YES!), some cool choices, but heroes, lost, and clone wars dont deserve to be in there, imo.

DVW5150
08-May-2007, 03:14 PM
THX-1138(original version)& the PBS "Hitchhikers Guide" series...

bassman
08-May-2007, 03:16 PM
THX-1138(original version)& the PBS "Hitchhikers Guide" series...

there was a Hitchhikers series? When did this happen?:confused:

DVW5150
08-May-2007, 03:23 PM
THEY CANNOT Re-make ESCAPE from NEW YORK ... NO GO*DAMN WAY!
KURT is Snake... follywood.

Rottedfreak
08-May-2007, 03:23 PM
Sliders were a great show about wormholes, into another dimension. Quinn builds the technology to allow travelling through dimensions, then takes his friends into this alternative earth and something goes wrong. Great show, except when they start replacing they original cast with replacement character in the forth season it get too much when the main actors brother in real life joins the cast. The first couple of episodes you think he is playing a weak submissive character on the show. But we quickly learn that that's how good his acting gets and it's awful... and it soon seems like a not get home show, but a brother team due show even knowing how awful the other brother is. There were not enough room for Rembrandt in this season. However, the end of season four they found Quinines home world, that changed, then he chooses not stay. Always thought Quinn was not from this world. I just thought that Quinine we meet in the Pilot Episode, after Quinines first test slide was not from this world and was a voiding his destiny; then figured out the equations so he would so Quinine could slide. He probably meets the other Quinines on other worlds -- then got him to slide. The last Season was not that bad, it had different characters, but Rembrandt got home to fight the cromags.:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :cool:

I remember one where they return to what they strongly believed was their reality and became national heroes (yet fail to notice the golden gate bridge is blue). It turns out the professors counterpart in that reality never joined them and stayed behind, he holds the sliders professor in the basement and the very last scene shows them leave with one of the professors and the one left behind goes "Oh my god." leaving us wondering which one.
Then theres the one where they actually do arrive home in Quinns street, he comments that the gate always squeeks when it opens, he tries it and it doesnt make a sound so they leave. His mother comes out the house with a neighbour whos been filling in Quinns house chores, turns out he repaired the gate.
a whole lot of cruel twists in that series second season.

DVW5150
08-May-2007, 03:24 PM

Yes it was on PBS in the early 80's.Very funny, and exacting to the book.

capncnut
09-May-2007, 06:52 PM
First it was a radio serial in the late 70's, then it was made into a TV series by the BBC in 1980 or 81. It is vastly superior to the recent film and covers the first two books in their entirety.