PDA

View Full Version : Night 30th

capncnut
07-May-2007, 12:35 PM
Well, I watched this again tonight and I don't think it's as bad as people make out. Yeah the priest f**king sucks but at the end of the day it's just a redo. Some of the music works... that's about it I admit, but c'mon there's gotta be someone out here who secretly loves this.

Neil
07-May-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, I watched this again tonight and I don't think it's as bad as people make out. Yeah the priest f**king sucks but at the end of the day it's just a redo. Some of the music works... that's about it I admit, but c'mon there's gotta be someone out here who secretly loves this.
Bill Heinzman looked terrible! It was practically laughable!

Danny
07-May-2007, 10:26 PM
uuuh no, see it sucks and ...uhh it sucks.

darth los
07-May-2007, 10:35 PM

I can't think of anything good about this film. The "extra" scenes are something that you would leave on the cutting room floor. If anything they detracted from the film.There are just some things that shouldn't be tampered with, this is one of them. The formula for coca-cola is another and when they both were tampered with it was a colosal screw up. This is not to say i wasn't excited about it when it came out. I plunked down the cash just like the rest of you. It just didn't work.

Danny
07-May-2007, 11:00 PM
not me, i bought the trilogy of the dead boxed set and had never heard of the 30th edition before , i put it in and literally said "...huh...is this the right mov- ooooh, i get it....that sucks.....what else is on?"

darth los
07-May-2007, 11:20 PM
not me, i bought the trilogy of the dead boxed set and had never heard of the 30th edition before , i put it in and literally said "...huh...is this the right mov- ooooh, i get it....that sucks.....what else is on?"

So they snuck it in there on you, huh? You must have been mortified when you found out the contents of that set. :eek: Sounds like some laws the bush administration sneaks in via the patriot act. :p HEY !!! wait a minute.... you don't think....?

Danny
07-May-2007, 11:31 PM
man i was plenty pissed, havent opened the set since.

Philly_SWAT
07-May-2007, 11:59 PM
The only reason that I like Night 30th is that some of the original people were able to make some money. The funniest thing is, that they didnt think it would be BLATENTLY OBVIOUS that Bill Hinzman was 30 years older and 30 lbs heavier.

Danny
08-May-2007, 12:01 AM
maybe it was a quantum leap tie-in?:lol:

Dawg
08-May-2007, 01:55 AM
The only reason that I like Night 30th is that some of the original people were able to make some money. The funniest thing is, that they didnt think it would be BLATENTLY OBVIOUS that Bill Hinzman was 30 years older and 30 lbs heavier.

Yeah, I always wondered why they would think that by him playing the same part 30 years later wouldn't work, especially since he was a lot heavier as you said and much, much older.

Now if he played the same zombie from his film, 'Flesheater' from 1986, then it probably would have worked. (Which I believe was a fairly decent zombie flick in its own right. Sure, it wasn't as 'good' as a Romero dead film, but it was still good, especially for that time period of horror films.)

:dead: Dawg

Moon Knight
08-May-2007, 08:06 AM
I haven't seen it (Guess that's a good thing.) plz, someone needs to post a shot of Bill in this. Sounds too funny.

suicide22
08-May-2007, 09:11 AM
Never seen it!

capncnut
08-May-2007, 02:27 PM
So they snuck in in there on you, huh?
They snuck in on me too man. I saw the cover, it had Night 68 pictures on the back, the write up really made the bonus scenes sound like they were original outtakes.

I bought the same boxset as Hellz and when I first saw Night 30th I was pretty damn confused. One thing I will defend though is the remaster... seriously, I have the original Night on 3 different DVD's and not one of 'em look half as good as the 30th.

bassman
08-May-2007, 02:32 PM
One thing I will defend though is the remaster... seriously, I have the original Night on 3 different DVD's and not one of 'em look half as good as the 30th.

Do you have the Elite Entertainment edition? The video/audio is pretty much flawless on that DVD.

MinionZombie
08-May-2007, 07:08 PM
I got the Millennium Edition, and - once again - Region 1 has the best edition of a GAR zombie flick, all GAR's zombie flicks (and most/all of his other flicks) are best on Region 1, so that's where I get them all from.

bassman
08-May-2007, 08:49 PM
I got the Millennium Edition, and - once again - Region 1 has the best edition of a GAR zombie flick, all GAR's zombie flicks (and most/all of his other flicks) are best on Region 1, so that's where I get them all from.

Wait.....is the Millenium Edition the same as the Elite Entertainment? The red one with a tombstone, right? It also has the cheesy-as-f*ck "Night of the Living Bread".:lol:

MinionZombie
08-May-2007, 10:52 PM
Wait.....is the Millenium Edition the same as the Elite Entertainment? The red one with a tombstone, right? It also has the cheesy-as-f*ck "Night of the Living Bread".:lol:
That's the 'ammer indeed me old mucka.

Finally got my ass a copy the other week after meaning to for ages...I have to say though, the menu for it is f*cking sh*tely designed...but the film looks great, my previous copy I got for just the cost of postage from Benson's World back in the day (2002, August or September - my first ever DVD), but it had that stupid new soundtrack. :rolleyes:

Bertors
08-May-2007, 11:02 PM
This "movie" is a punch in the face for all those who love Romero´s masterpiece. :(

Andy
08-May-2007, 11:58 PM
I haven't seen it (Guess that's a good thing.) plz, someone needs to post a shot of Bill in this. Sounds too funny.

http://www.creepyclassics.com/Morepics/billhinzman68.jpg

Original Bill

http://www.vincentguastiniproductions.com/HINZ30.jpg

Bill in the 30th Anniversary edition.

I Despise this film, seriously. the original NOTLD is my favourite film of all time and my favourite of the trilogy, it has no redeeming features.

darth los
09-May-2007, 12:42 AM
They snuck in on me too man. I saw the cover, it had Night 68 pictures on the back, the write up really made the bonus scenes sound like they were original outtakes.

I bought the same boxset as Hellz and when I first saw Night 30th I was pretty damn confused. One thing I will defend though is the remaster... seriously, I have the original Night on 3 different DVD's and not one of 'em look half as good as the 30th.

That i have to agree with. The film quality was great. I have 4 different copies of notld and the worst by far is the one distributed by Madacy entertainment group inc. I swear if you didn't know better you'd think it was a grainy vhs tape that was playing. The one upside is that it feels like an authentic low budget independent film. It adds a feeling of realness to it, like a documentary or something. That being said , I'll take my remastered versions any day over that one.

Debbieangel
09-May-2007, 04:55 AM
Ok I got suckered into buying the 30th edition on vhs because I thought there was some kind of big thing GAR was involved in boy was I disappointed!!!
But, saying that I keep it and get it out to watch every once in a while to remind myself RESEARCH BEFORE you buy!!!
This is another one I bought just because it was a zombie movie will I ever learn?
But, really I do like the zombie movies so,I guess I will just keep plunking the money down. :lol:
Oh I only paid a dollar for the 30th so I dont feel real bad about it!;)

Danny
09-May-2007, 05:41 AM
i paid 20:dead:

Moon Knight
09-May-2007, 07:41 AM
lol! wow, thanx, Andy, I'll be sure to stay away from this.