PDA

View Full Version : The time has come: MP3 Players!?

Burbank
29-Mar-2006, 05:51 PM
I need some advice... In an attempt to loose a few pounds (read stone) I'm going back to the gym and I'm going to stop driving everywhere and start walking/taking public transport.

So I've decided rather than listen to the rubbish they play in my gym I'm going to invest in a MP3 Player. Now I've read not to get one with a Hard Drive because of what I want it for so I'm looking at getting one of these USB/flash memory ones.

I'm not willing to spend a small fortune on it so under a £100. The majority of decent looking ones I've seen are between £60 and £80.

Any one got one they can recommend? Or one they don't recommend!

I'm thinking of the Creative Zen Nano 1GB or the Sony "Bean".

MinionZombie
29-Mar-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't know much about MP3 players, but I got one from somewhere like BigPockets, 256mb size flash drive/MP3 player, only cost me £30 when I got it a year ago, you could get a 512 or 1gig version for that now probably. It's simple to use, nothing fancy, good enough for me, nice and compact, although the wires to the earphones are shorter than I like.

axlish
29-Mar-2006, 08:50 PM
I've heard good things about the Creative line of players.

I have a non-name 128MB Walmart door-buster special. I use it more as a flash drive but occasionally I use it for a pod cast.

Philly_SWAT
29-Mar-2006, 09:20 PM
I have a 2 gig Phillips MP3 player, and it is great. The sound quality is amazingly good for those little earphone things, and like you, I wanted to lose a couple of pounds, so I listen to it while walking.

You will definately enjoy it once you get it. I think that in todays day and age, across the board in electronics that even the cheap no name brands are pretty good.

jscott
30-Mar-2006, 02:33 AM
I have the Creative Zen Nano 1GB, and I love it! 1GB is enough space for me, plus it has an FM radio as well (if you like talk radio by any chance), plus you can record from analog sources, and the built in mic. Great sound quality too (has a 5 band EQ, plus EQ preset settings if you don't want to mess around with the freq's too much). Way more flexible than any Apple product. My only beef is a AAA battery only lasts about 18 hours.