PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight...

Neil
08-May-2007, 02:55 PM
Just ordered it... Here's hoping it's as good as the last two...

capncnut
09-May-2007, 07:29 PM
Initial reviews are not great I'm afraid, ranging from 5 to 7 out of 10.

Neil
15-May-2007, 07:35 AM
Initial reviews are not great I'm afraid, ranging from 5 to 7 out of 10.

On a listen through I concur :(

A lot of the tracks are slow ballads, which as an exception is fine, but not as a rule...

The classic Link Park strong metal/guitar/vocal stuff is few and far between...

I'll obviously keep listening to it, but not impressed to far :(

capncnut
15-May-2007, 06:33 PM
Although I'm not really a fan, I can't deny that LP were once a dominant force in rock/metal. Unfortunately their likes have been ripped-off, gothed up and punked out... this has had a bad effect on their movement and, of course, the music. There's too many boy band vocalists singing over metal these days! With the exception of Hybrid Theory (and possibly the marmite-esque Re-Animation), LP have had to re-clone themselves on almost every album to shake off the imitators and now all they're left with is a shadow of themselves.

I still think the guitarist looks like Peter Sutcliffe! :D

Neil
15-May-2007, 09:10 PM
Although I'm not really a fan, I can't deny that LP were once a dominant force in rock/metal. Unfortunately their likes have been ripped-off, gothed up and punked out... this has had a bad effect on their movement and, of course, the music. There's too many boy band vocalists singing over metal these days! With the exception of Hybrid Theory (and possibly the marmite-esque Re-Animation), LP have had to re-clone themselves on almost every album to shake off the imitators and now all they're left with is a shadow of themselves.

I still think the guitarist looks like Peter Sutcliffe! :D

Quite frankly the tracks just don't seem as strong as those on the previous two albums :(

Danny
16-May-2007, 09:06 AM
just heard it, and its terrible, it sounds like a different band,granted i wasnt a big linkin park fan but there were some like numb, breaking the habit adn the like i really found myself tapping the desk too, this doesnt have any of that, its the kind of greb music you hear in stores like game and forbidden planet, it just strays too far from the origional sound, HIM almost did that with dark light but kept the same vibe to it, this is just another band like the re-re-re-invented current incarnation of the lsot prophets, background noise ,nothing note worthy at all.
i give it an 4/10, and thats generous.

Neil
16-May-2007, 11:13 AM
just heard it, and its terrible, it sounds like a different band,granted i wasnt a big linkin park fan but there were some like numb, breaking the habit adn the like i really found myself tapping the desk too, this doesnt have any of that, its the kind of greb music you hear in stores like game and forbidden planet, it just strays too far from the origional sound, HIM almost did that with dark light but kept the same vibe to it, this is just another band like the re-re-re-invented current incarnation of the lsot prophets, background noise ,nothing note worthy at all.
i give it an 4/10, and thats generous.

The opening track is almost 'old Linkin Park'...

capncnut
16-May-2007, 08:29 PM
It don't surprise me that LP's new album ain't all that. Considering they had over 100 'sketches' for Minutes To Midnight, why have they released it nearly a year late with a short running time?

Damn, Rick Rubin produced it! :eek:

bassman
17-May-2007, 01:31 AM
I haven't heard the new album, but to me, if you've heard one of them, you've heard them all.

I can understand why people like them, but they're very one-dimensional, imo.

Neil
17-May-2007, 07:32 AM
I haven't heard the new album, but to me, if you've heard one of them, you've heard them all.

I can understand why people like them, but they're very one-dimensional, imo.

Each to their own... I think their previous two albums are great!

capncnut
17-May-2007, 05:54 PM
Couldn't agree more Bass. I thought Meteora was a pile of cack and it seems the new one has followed suit. I think it's high time this bubblegum boy band called it quits. Get The X-Ecutioners back or something...

Neil
18-May-2007, 01:31 PM
It's starting to grow on me a bit more now :clown:

Danny
18-May-2007, 03:14 PM
ugh this is being used as the soundtrack for the new transformers movie...:(

Neil
22-May-2007, 06:41 PM
Still growing on me!!

Cody
22-May-2007, 08:07 PM
the main advertised song im starting to dig ill check the album out on itunes later

Neil
31-May-2007, 08:43 PM
Still growing on me, but definately aint as good as the last two albums :)

9MjMUJ3l1E4

A5sx7OFPGOY