PDA

View Full Version : I've just heard the new Linkin Park Album...

Cykotic
09-May-2007, 02:26 PM
So, the album "Minutes to Midnight" has been leaked and I managed to hear a copy of it...

Nu-Metal is dead

It sounds more like the band actually mean what they write and although there isn't any of the trademark Rapping or Dj'ing, it's a brilliant record.

IF there are any linkin park listeners out there... get this record!!!

Bongholio
09-May-2007, 03:19 PM
Nu-Metal is dead

waves bye bye to it
take the emo and cookie monster idiocy along with you
rofle

Neil
09-May-2007, 07:24 PM
Good stuff! Ordered it earlier this week...

Both of the previous LP albums were excellent IMHO... Just hoping the new one is someone near as good!

So, the album "Minutes to Midnight" has been leaked and I managed to hear a copy of it...

Nu-Metal is dead

It sounds more like the band actually mean what they write and although there isn't any of the trademark Rapping or Dj'ing, it's a brilliant record.

IF there are any linkin park listeners out there... get this record!!!

By the way! Pay for it you cheap skate!

Danny
09-May-2007, 10:18 PM
i aint that big a linkin park fan but a few like breaking the habit and numb i kinda like, not the sort of thing id go out of my way to listen to ,i heard the new single what ive done and i liked it, even if the video was more pretnetious than meichal jakcsons earth song and that foo fighters one for the best of you.

wow linkin park told us about war, cus we didnt know about it before that lifechanging video:rolleyes:

Cykotic
10-May-2007, 02:53 PM
I intend on paying for it. When the album comes out, I'm deleting the downloaded version and buying the CD/DVD combo

capncnut
10-May-2007, 08:44 PM
i aint that big a linkin park fan but a few like breaking the habit and numb i kinda like, not the sort of thing id go out of my way to listen to ,i heard the new single what ive done and i liked it, even if the video was more pretnetious than meichal jakcsons earth song and that foo fighters one for the best of you.
Damn straight. You know what, Linkin Park have had their time. The music movement that they stand for has passed and it now feels like a group clinging on to a thread and trying to remodel themselves for a new audience. Chester once said in an interview that once the Hybrid Theory tour was done then he might quit - he should've done that 'cos Linkin Park have become a shadow of their former selves. Bubblegum metal for bubblegum people.

Cody
10-May-2007, 11:36 PM
I listened to the begining stuff like Hybrid Theory.

Neil
11-May-2007, 07:10 AM
Damn straight. You know what, Linkin Park have had their time. The music movement that they stand for has passed and it now feels like a group clinging on to a thread and trying to remodel themselves for a new audience. Chester once said in an interview that once the Hybrid Theory tour was done then he might quit - he should've done that 'cos Linkin Park have become a shadow of their former selves. Bubblegum metal for bubblegum people.

Guess I like bubblegum... :)

Not heard the new album but thought the last two were very strong.

What's interesting with LP is how many people are quite verbal about their dislike for them because quite obviously because of their image, rather than their actual music... How bubblegum is that :)

Danny
11-May-2007, 07:18 AM
youmay not like this one if you liked the last, word is they when t all lost prophets and changed everything abotu em, and now look at the latest lost prophets songs, they suck.

gotta say, dont care for rap but the jay z and linkin park crossover thing was pretty good music.

Neil
11-May-2007, 08:52 AM
youmay not like this one if you liked the last, word is they when t all lost prophets and changed everything abotu em, and now look at the latest lost prophets songs, they suck.

gotta say, dont care for rap but the jay z and linkin park crossover thing was pretty good music.

Well, the new album is in the post to me now as we speak, so should get it early next week :)

Danny
11-May-2007, 09:04 AM
you shoulda gone to hmv you lazy foooool!:D , seriously i think its the on sale one at hmv soon.

Neil
11-May-2007, 12:13 PM
you shoulda gone to hmv you lazy foooool!:D , seriously i think its the on sale one at hmv soon.

And go outside? Are you mad... Anyway play.com tends to be quite nice and cheap...

Cykotic
11-May-2007, 01:05 PM
quite cheap, but sometimes when I order stuff from there, it shows up late

Tricky
11-May-2007, 05:21 PM
yes please please PLEASE get rid of emo!im sick of seeing frowning teenagers in black moping around the streets and making out they have such bad lives,cheer up and eat a good square meal while your at it! :lol:

As for linkin park,i may have to give this a listen,i never jumped on the nu-metal bandwagon but i did actually like them :)

MinionZombie
11-May-2007, 05:38 PM
*play.com five, snap!*

I love that site, and if you pre-order you'll usually end up with your order on the day of release or up to 3 weeks early, depending on when they get their stock in. At most you have to wait a couple days after it's been released, but you'll save a few quid at least by using it, and you don't have to go outside too - so that's all bonus! :lol:

suicide22
12-May-2007, 10:47 AM
"Linkin Park are the best, they should just rule the earth with their music":) :cool: