PDA

View Full Version : Sega announces Comdemned 2: Bloodshot for X360 and PS3

CoinReturn
10-May-2007, 07:14 PM
SEGA of America and SEGA Europe today announced Condemned 2: Bloodshot the next chapter in the terrifying series that began with the award-winning and critically-acclaimed Condemned. Featuring an all-new fighting mechanic and online multiplayer functionality, Condemned 2: Bloodshot is a first-person action thriller which immerses players in a world of psychological terror. Following a string of gruesome murders, players must use their deductive skills and brute force to track down sadistic serial killers.

Developed by the renowned Monolith Productions, creators of the original Condemned, Condemned 2: Bloodshot is due for release across Europe in early 2008 for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system.

Players will assume the identity of Ethan Thomas, the former Serial Crimes Unit investigator, who's been called back to duty to track down his missing partner. As Ethan, players will engage in visceral combat using a variety of firearms, blunt instruments and an all-new fighting system complete with defensive and offensive combo chains. To help track the killer and solve the mysteries behind Condemned 2: Bloodshot, players will crack open an all-new set of high-tech forensic tools. Using wits and brute strength, murders can be solved in a number of different ways to keep players guessing throughout each suspenseful investigation.

Condemned 2: Bloodshottakes the series to a whole new level by introducing a variety of thrilling online multiplayer modes including deathmatch, which promises to deliver the most brutal hand-to-hand combat experience the first person genre has ever seen.

"The original, Condemned, was a game which truly shocked and scared its players with its subtle details, gripping story and eerie tension throughout," said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe. "Condemned 2: Bloodshot takes these three key elements to heightened new levels, providing a superb mature gaming experience that will constantly surprise its players and keep them gripped from start to finish."

The disturbing events from Ethan's past have left him a broken man - a desperate burnout, drifting aimlessly through a society in inexplicable decline. Fighting inner demons throughout his one-man investigation into a sinister conspiracy, Ethan will need to use anything and everything in the environment to survive as he unravels the mysteries shrouding the city in darkness.

Early 2008 release date. The first one deserved to sell a lot better than it did, damn fine game.

capncnut
10-May-2007, 09:16 PM
Indeed, Condemned was a great little game and it doesn't surprise me that a second one is in the works. Hand to hand Deathmatch? Hells yeah, bring it on suckaz!

You know Condemned 2: Bloodshot is gonna make the s**t fly out of your collar. :elol:

Cody
10-May-2007, 11:47 PM
Heard great stuff about the first one..I'll def buy this one to see whats up

Danny
11-May-2007, 12:46 AM
im possibly the only person who didnt enjoy condemned: criminal origins that much, the supernatural aspect ruined it for me, now if you played an fbi agent tacking down serial killers and each level was a different case, like it was origionally intended it would have made for a much better game.

MinionZombie
11-May-2007, 11:08 AM
I've played the demo, and I liked it (proper sh*t me up), one of these days I'll play the actual game...it even runs rather well on my PC, which is nice.

Anyway, aye I'd certainly like a game where you're tracking down serial killers, like several different serial killers in different cities and different areas of the city - basically, kinda like Se7en, but without the sins and with more killers and more gruesome and creepy...we totally need serial-killer-thriller-FPS-gaming! :cool:

Danny
12-May-2007, 12:23 AM
*slams palm on desk* exactamundo!

MinionZombie
12-May-2007, 11:23 AM
*also slams palm on desk ... just to be a part of something* :D

What I also think would be an awesome idea would be to have a game, basically exactly like SWAT4, but throughout the entire game you're working your way towards a serial killer, or you're tracking down more than one - like a group of serial killers (but not too cultish ... more like a "club for nutters" .

The level where you head into a house in Fairfax where the local serial killer lives (as you've just found out) is bloody brilliant, it's well Buffalo Bill - so you'd have two awesome things:

1) FPS SWAT action (which was bloody awesome)

2) Serial killer thriller FPS horror action!

That'd be bloody brilliant, cos SWAT4 was a superb game, so playable. There's nothing more thrilling that ordering some C2 to be placed on a door so it's blown open in a violent blast, then you lob a stun grenade in and your men storm, shouting and shooting as the smoke clears ... using your poncy camera thing to look under doors...shotgun the lock off another door, throw in a flashbang and a sting grenade, you've blinded and immobilised your targets, then you can mace those who don't comply and give them a quick coshing for good measure before cable-tying their hands together, bloody marvellous.

There was a lot of atmosphere in SWAT4, so if you team that with serial killers - you've got gaming gold right there.

I demand, not only more zombie games (especially good zombie FPS'), more serial killer based FPS games! :cool: It's an untapped resource, drop all that Resident Evil stuff that's been played out for too long now, serial killers - that's what you want as a new horror gaming craze. :):thumbsup:

Danny
12-May-2007, 11:26 AM
maybe like a mission/level could have its length base don you, depending on what clues you solve, and how fast you actually find them depends on how many victims they get, adn you can actually save one by like catching him in the act jsut before they get to em all "freeze dirtbag" u.s cops style:cool:

suicide22
12-May-2007, 03:10 PM
sounds great!