View Full Version : Wait for rental?

DEAD BEAT
10-May-2007, 09:25 PM
Just recently i have been back in this forum so maybe i missed this,but i have been trying to see grindhouse at one of the few theatres still showing it!

My question for all zombie fans out there should i really break my asss trying to fit this long movie in my schedule or should i just wait for the rental?:rockbrow:

bassman
10-May-2007, 09:29 PM
Duuuuuuude. Get off your ass and see it NOW!

I friggin loved it. And if you see it later on DVD.....you will wish you had seen it on the big screen. It's a blast, man. The most fun I've had in a theater in a long time.

But FYI....make sure that you understand what it is you're going to see before you see it. If that makes sense.:rockbrow:

livingdeadboy
10-May-2007, 09:35 PM
I agree with Bassman, totally worth seeing on the big screen!

MinionZombie
10-May-2007, 09:42 PM
I agree as well, it's a movie you really should see in the cinema, but I recommend reading through the Grindhouse thread in Media Discussion.

Death Proof is a complete shift of pace and style to Planet Terror, so expect a lot of talking in the second half, but if you get into the vibe, you'll love it. Yeah, read through that thread in Media, that'll set you up for the flick pretty well I think.

I've seen it as a download and loved it, but I'll go and see it in the cinema when it comes out, even if it does get split up (which I definitely won't be happy about ... but ... nevertheless...)

I'm blatantly getting the bumper edition DVD as well.

bassman
10-May-2007, 10:09 PM
I agree with Bassman, totally worth seeing on the big screen!

Was it released in Canada in the same format that it was here in the states?(both movies with trailers)

Im guessing it was. So I guess the americans weren't the only lucky ones. I really am sorry for you guys elsewhere in the world. I would definitely by the american DVD if I were you.:)

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2007, 10:46 PM
I am going to go with the Majority. You have to see it on the big screen. As much as I loathed Death Proof, Seeing Planet Terror on the Big Screen is a must, especially since it is a zombie film from Robert Rodriguez.

Cody
10-May-2007, 11:30 PM
I dont even know what its uh-boot.

bassman
11-May-2007, 12:18 AM
I dont even know what its uh-boot.

It's an homage to theaters back in the day that would show two movies for the price of one. The film was usually worn down from repeated viewings. You would also get trailers in between the films. Usually, the two films that were shown were low budget and almost laughable but somehow entertain.

This is what "Grindhouse" is about. And being a younger fellow, myself, I never got to see the real deal. But I can tell you that "Grindhouse" is one of my top two favorite theater experiences of all time.

See it. Understand that it's just crazy fun and you'll be floored....

DEAD BEAT
11-May-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys!

I know of a few theatres still showing it,i dig both director's and im always up for a zombie flick just had to ask because it had been disolving so quickly!;)

jim102016
11-May-2007, 10:15 PM
I wasn't all that thrilled with it, but it has to be seen in the theater for the effect.

Cody
12-May-2007, 05:30 AM
when I become a millionaire ill buy a theater and watch it then.

Mutineer
12-May-2007, 02:56 PM
I loved GH

I cannot fathom why it flopped. It was everything I anticipated (and everything they said it would be). There is an entire thread devoted to it (watch for SPOILERS)!

suicide22
12-May-2007, 03:02 PM
Try England for rental video DVD's. Mainstream places like blockbuster & global have all been shutdown because of piracy.:(

MinionZombie
12-May-2007, 08:50 PM
Try England for rental video DVD's. Mainstream places like blockbuster & global have all been shutdown because of piracy.:(
What? :confused:

I duno about America (although I assume it's the same), but Blockbuster here does booming business, if anything there's too many of them.

"Piracy", while popular, is still a minority activity, average joe punter strolls into Blockbuster or onto iTunes...

MikePizzoff
12-May-2007, 09:41 PM
As most everyone says: GO SEE IT NOW!!!

Seeing it on DVD just won't be the same AT ALL.

Cody
12-May-2007, 10:44 PM
you tell him mike.

DeadJonas190
13-May-2007, 04:28 AM
Go see it now while it is in the theaters. When it is released on DVD both movies will be on seperate dvds according to Harvey Weinstein in Entertainment Weekly. His exact quote is "While we will never turn down teh oppourtunity to create a daring project like Grindhouse, with established and creative filmmakers like Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez, we kept a responsible eye on the budget, covered all our costs on the film by pre-selling the foreign rights, and always planned to release the films separately on DVD and TV."

So basically you will not be able to experiance it the same on DVD. I am willing to bet that there will be a Delux Edition or something like that where both films are together, but still, go see it while you can, it is worth the 3 hour assache.

Oh, this will also be a Blockbuster Exclusive movie if you want to rent it as all Weinstein movies are now exclusive to Blockbuster. They actually want us, as employees, to report other stores carrying the new movies put out by The Weinstein Company. It's crap if you ask me, but whatever, I don't really go to other video stores since I get free rentals at mine.

As for the piracy thing, where do you think people get the movies they copy? They don't go out and buy them just to copy them, they rent them at Blockbuster, copy them, then return them. If anything, piracy is helping Blockbuster, I can safely say that there are probably 10-15 of our movie pass customers that I know of that are copying the movies. How do I know you ask? Because they come in 3 times on Tuesday (new release day) within a 6 hour span to get movies on their pass. No way in hell you can watch all those movies in that short amount of time. Of course, I don't bother asking if they are burning, it's none of my business, but I am positive they are.

acealive1
15-May-2007, 11:30 PM
great zombi flick. he ruined it by trying to release it with tarantino's flop