View Full Version : Chernobyl+Godspeed you! Black Emperor video

Cykotic
12-May-2007, 08:15 AM
Is it just me or does this video just seem so... creepy...

CnigFmQTC4s

Danny
12-May-2007, 09:18 AM
geez just when you thought chernobyl couldnt get any creepier add some brain eno to the mix and bam, silent hill creepy.
though you could add brian eno's music to any footage adn it would be creepier.

Cykotic
12-May-2007, 09:37 AM
that ain't Brian Eno...

Danny
12-May-2007, 10:16 AM
well its from the 28 days later soundtrack i know that, cnat remember any of the names other than brian eno but this sounds like "in a heartbeat".

Cykotic
12-May-2007, 10:29 AM
nope.... it's Godspeed you! Black Emperor. the track is called "East Hastings" and is not on the 28 days later soundtrack.

Danny
12-May-2007, 11:20 AM
it is, the scene were he runs out of the church running from the infected ,that is the song that plays.

zldBYfj7B3M

see?, i aint wrong all the time:D

Cykotic
12-May-2007, 11:22 AM
but the track isn't on the soundtrack CD

that's what I'm talking about

Danny
12-May-2007, 11:24 AM
uhhh, yeah, its track 1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289043/soundtrack

Cykotic
12-May-2007, 11:34 AM
umm... nope

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/152609/28-Days-Later/Product.html

MinionZombie
12-May-2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I've got the soundtrack on my WinAmp and I certainly don't remember that track on there, the first track is a bunch of garbled media noise (from the TV that the monkey is watching)...

"IT'S A CHIMP!!!" ... dude whatever, chill out...:p

A little Viva La Bam Season 2 reference for ya there...

Anyway, creepy-ass video, makes me wanna go play STALKER again, especially as I've just patched it to V1.3...

Apparently what is there isn't 100% accurate, as in there is a bunch of stuff that's been strategically placed by the locals to inspire charitable attitudes from the visitors there. Such as photos, or children's toys, things like that to tug the heart strings ... I don't blame them, I understand why they do it...but anyway, most of what's there is as-is ... and that's some scary ass stuff, like mankind's own mini-apocalypse.

There's people still working at the plant itself, and they called themselves "STALKERS" after the film/book (the latter being Roadside Picnic). Also, there's apparently HUGE catfish or whatever in the water around the area, like bloody huge...I certainly wouldn't like to fall into the water there...:stunned:

Although despite all the radiation, the birds are perfectly fine, and there's packs of roving dogs/wolves in the area too, not to mention boars and such ... really creepy. There's even people who've moved back to Pripyat and the surrounding area, people who lived there before, and they just kinda get on with it and the government lets them stay there.

It'd be a really interesting place (and scary) to go and see, and although you can walk around as-is without your head falling off or something, I think I'd feel safer all covered in chemical suit protection...if you pick up any radiation on for example, your shoes, you have to leave them there at the check out point...I guess if you're going there, take two of everything just in case! :eek:

Cykotic
12-May-2007, 01:02 PM
but going there into the actual city won't make you ill or anything will it?

Danny
12-May-2007, 01:10 PM
i belive if you only have about 30 minutes in there your good but any longer adn the radiation then can cause permanant damage to you, anything before 30 minutes and the human body can regenerate that kind, we put up with a lotta crap on a daily basis.

Cykotic
12-May-2007, 01:23 PM
Just been wondering for a while what it's like to visit the place....

MinionZombie
12-May-2007, 01:30 PM
i belive if you only have about 30 minutes in there your good but any longer adn the radiation then can cause permanant damage to you, anything before 30 minutes and the human body can regenerate that kind, we put up with a lotta crap on a daily basis.
Where'd you get 30 minutes from? :confused:

What I've heard is that as long as you don't stray into grassy areas or something you're fine, but when you go out there you get a geiger counter anyway, so you know where and where not to tread. I'd imagine any buildings that are dangerous will be locked off.

30 minutes is piss all time to explore, and from videos I've seen online, it'll have taken the person filming far longer than 30 minutes to get all that footage.

So basically, you don't go anywhere that's sending your geiger counter mental.

I saw one video online where a couple were riding their own motorbike through the villages in and around Pripyat. You can take your own bike through, which is pretty nifty. They were driving past all these decrepit houses, really creepy, looked just like the houses in the game itself...architecturally speaking (and damage wise too).

Cody
12-May-2007, 10:35 PM
Im suprised they were able to get in so many buildings in that video, radiation just stays in them. They are perfectly fine visiting this place the concrete they walk on reflects the radiation. If they were to step off this road they would glow green by the end of the night. Since the goverment at the time burried so many nuclear parts in unkown areas. Think that movie route 666. I would love to buy a geiger meter and spend a few days...so interesting and creepy.

Minion here is the link for the site you were speaking of. Biking Chernobyl. (http://www.kiddofspeed.com/default.htm) I posted this along time ago on the forum.