PDA

View Full Version : Jarlath Conroy is brilliant!

thxleo
12-May-2007, 04:15 PM
I went to see Jarlath Conroy, McDermott from Day of the Dead, perform in a play last night just outside of Pittsburgh called "A Couple of Blaguards". After the show I got to talk with him and found out that he does one of the voices on the Guinness beer commercial of the two guys who keep saying "Brilliant!" I don't know if anyone else knew that, but I thought that was pretty interesting.

Bongholio
12-May-2007, 06:04 PM
what format is the beer commercial?

Television,or Radio,....both?
example of what?

axlish
12-May-2007, 06:48 PM
Awesome. great commercial.

Bong, here is an example.

2WqO0Q_zNKA

thxleo
12-May-2007, 07:12 PM
Cool, thanks Eric. The guy doing the other voice in the Guinness commercial is the author of the play I went to, Malachy McCourt. And he is the brother of Frank McCourt who wrote "Angela's Ashes". Jarlath plays Frank in the play.

Cody
12-May-2007, 10:45 PM
Thats actually pretty cool.

Philly_SWAT
13-May-2007, 12:27 AM
That is cool! Now that you mention it, it does sound just like him in the commercial!

Head Shotz
13-May-2007, 02:11 AM
Well, he was gonna run out of booze on that island eventually so he would of had to brew his own. Brilliant!:evil: :evil: :evil:

DEAD BEAT
14-May-2007, 05:16 PM
Man that dude must be 100 years old by now!

If he looked that old on Day his face probably looks like rice pudding by now!:eek:

bassman
14-May-2007, 06:39 PM
Man that dude must be 100 years old by now!

If he looked that old on Day his face probably looks like rice pudding by now!:eek:

He had a part in "Stay"(2005) and he really didn't look that much older or different.

capncnut
14-May-2007, 09:21 PM
That film was wicked, never recognised Jarlath in it though. I must have a flip-thru it again one day.

bassman
14-May-2007, 11:45 PM
That film was wicked, never recognised Jarlath in it though. I must have a flip-thru it again one day.

He was the man with his wife that say's "he's not going to make it" in the aquarium toward the middle of the film and then also on the bridge at the end. It's about 15-20 seconds of screen time all together, but he's pretty easy to spot. Especially his voice.