View Full Version : The Fountain (Widescreen Edition) out on Tuesday

Terran
13-May-2007, 01:07 AM
The Fountain (Widescreen Edition) is out on tuesday.....

Product Details

Actors: Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz, Ellen Burstyn, Mark Margolis, Stephen McHattie, See more
Directors: Darren Aronofsky
Format: AC-3, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, DVD-Video, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)

Aspect Ratio: 1.77:1
Number of discs: 1
Rating
Studio: Warner Home Video
DVD Release Date: May 15, 2007
Run Time: 96 minutes
Average Customer Review: based on 79 reviews. (Write a review.)
DVD Features:
Available Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 5.1)
Inside the Fountain: Death and Rebirth--gallery of six featurettes exploring the movie's various periods and settings
Theatrical trailer

Does anyone know if there is another version planned.....like with more special features etc.....

I just hate to buy a movie when a more complete version is coming out later.....

Anyone got any good sites to get this sort of information...

bassman
13-May-2007, 04:23 AM
I dont't know about a further version, but the original movie is the sh*t..

Well worth the purchase, I'd say. Great flick.

Terran
13-May-2007, 04:30 AM
I know its worth the purchase Ive seen it several times....

I just would hate to buy this version only to have a far superior version be out in several months....

bassman
13-May-2007, 05:58 PM
I know its worth the purchase Ive seen it several times....

I just would hate to buy this version only to have a far superior version be out in several months....

Yeah, I hear ya. I would say go ahead and get this first DVD, because IF there is a better version it will probably be a long time from now.

"Pan's Labyrinth" is also released on Tuesday. It's going to be a good movie night.

Terran
13-May-2007, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I would say go ahead and get this first DVD, because IF there is a better version it will probably be a long time from now.

"Pan's Labyrinth" is also released on Tuesday. It's going to be a good movie night.

Yeah Im getting them both tomorrow......not often two great movies are released on the same day

bassman
16-May-2007, 04:03 PM
What a friggin incredible movie. It still leaves me in complete awe even after having seen it multiple times.

Aronofsky is definitely a name to remember and look for. If you see the name.....you must see the film.:)

Cody
16-May-2007, 04:11 PM
I might have to take a gander at this film

AcesandEights
16-May-2007, 04:12 PM
Despite still having the screensaver I downloaded from this movie's official website on my rig, I have yet to see this film. Odd, eh?

I think I may pick it up this week, based on your comments, guys.

Terran
16-May-2007, 04:47 PM
What a friggin incredible movie. It still leaves me in complete awe even after having seen it multiple times.

Aronofsky is definitely a name to remember and look for. If you see the name.....you must see the film.:)

Yeah Aronofsky is great Pi, Requiem for a Dream, now The Fountain....I cant wait till his next project.....Im a little disapointed in the cover art that they chose for the DVD.....I would have prefered they used the main poster art for the movie cover....

They should have made the DVD look like this
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51G4XDWPGQL._SS500_.jpg

Instead they made it look like this

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/510s4z8yQ3L._SS500_.jpg

Bad choice huh!.....

Bleh....

The marketing of this movie has been completely wrong from the get go...thats why I think it did poorly in theaters....

Also its a little disapointing that there isnt much to the special features and there is now directors commentary.....but Aronofsky has said that this "is the final version of the DVD" he wont do commentary on it etc etc....

Kaos
18-May-2007, 12:27 AM
I received my HD-DVD copy of The Fountain on Tuesday. Totally Dope.

EvilNed
18-May-2007, 02:54 PM
Didn't think the film was that great, to be honest.