PDA

View Full Version : 28 Weeks Later discussion (spoilers within)

Geophyrd
14-May-2007, 12:29 AM
I don't know if anyone saw 28 Weeks Later when it opened this weekend, but I did. Wow. This movie kicked my ass in ALL the right ways. Honestly, its the first scary movie I can remember in a long time.

My wife spent the entire movie creating her own sensory deprivation chamber, hands in ears, eyes closed, curled in a fetal ball. She declared it the worst movie she's ever seen, which is high praise. My wife hates horror and made it almost worthwhile when she told me after that from now on, she's going to look at our movie choices much closer.

The movie was really that good!

Now, some spoilery questions...don't look if you haven't seen the move:

Out of all the damned infected, how did the kids' dad keep finding them?

Why didn't they nuke London when they realized it was all out of control?

Why do the reviews all talk about a lust for flesh? I didn't see any flesh eating, just a lot of bleeding.

Betcha Michael wishes he was still Lost.

DVW5150
14-May-2007, 02:15 AM
Oh Gawd...My wife cant stand GAR, the zed stuff."Infected Rage" is more than most could even fathom.
Great that she gave it try though. I could never get my darling close to the theater...She says the thought scares her too much.
Way to go!

Cykotic
15-May-2007, 06:57 PM
I just got back from seeing this film and I can sum it up in four words...

Oh my F***ing God

I actually found myself going from being scared to applauding the effects! Especially the Helicopter massacre scene...

I beg you, see this film again!!!

AcesandEights
16-May-2007, 01:24 AM
Meh. It's a movie and you can't think about it too much or you'll go crazy over it. Perhaps rage infected victims identify one another through pheromones (maybe that's why they don't collapse into a frenzy pile of killing and death amongst themselves) and maybe that's how the Dad--for who knows what motivation--was able to scope in on his kids. Who knows? At least once however, the Father's appearance can be chalked up to the kid's imagination (i.e. first you see him, then you don't). In the end, this is a narrative tool, so you can either accept it, or refute it.

Why didn't they nuke London when they realized it was all out of control?
When did they realize it was that bad? Probably when it was too late. You're talking about escalating to using a nuclear device on a country's capital by forces aligned and working with, but not a part of, that country's military, I highly doubt that there would be carte blanche in making that decision at a low or mid level; authorizations would need to be made for such things to go forward.

Why do the reviews all talk about a lust for flesh? I didn't see any flesh eating, just a lot of bleeding.
The biting in the film and also the fact that it's hyperbole.

DVW5150
16-May-2007, 03:17 AM
Infection.Rage,turned to a byproduct neurologically,the entire amount that human is able to inflict their entire lifespan.This occurs 8 to 13 seconds after avultion ie; bite, blood in the eye.They are realized as I paid attention to the fact of the context of what you see in 28 Days.The forced sputum of blood/ gastro-intestinal fluid*Yech*

"Carpet of people" ...really good stuff. As far as horror goes.
There is a theoretical background behind theses films, its not like Dawn 04, amped up like has been mentioned.Dawn '04 was a sell to the short attention span fast food intel. I did like it though. Admit that if D04 had swaggering stupor & slow stumbling, the thing wouldnt've done near as well on movie/DVD sales.
I like what adrenaline has come of the '28 Days/Weeks' thingy...
The brilliance in horror has significant impact on imagination.Verse visa ...
What makes this work so good is the feeling in it.It was made with some of the best-inspired/ new filmmakers in this time.
Ask Mr. Boyle if he likes George A Romero, he'll probably tell you how amazing GAR is.
I really like these films...
...they scare the sh!t out me.

Danny
16-May-2007, 04:31 AM

i think its easily explained as a bloodhound type thing y'know?