PDA

View Full Version : Bring out your (un)dead.

FoodFight
14-May-2007, 09:39 PM
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070513/LIFE/705130314/-1/LIFE130203

Dawg
14-May-2007, 09:45 PM
As if to testify to that, the new zombie movie "28 Weeks Later," directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, opened Friday around the nation to enthusiastic crowds and generally positive reviews.

Funny how every zombie eats brains and every lunatic running around biting people is a zombie in the news media.

F**king watch the damn movies for once before commenting on them! :mad:

:dead: Dawg

Cody
15-May-2007, 05:45 AM
Sooo many people have this problem, You just have to get used to it

CSZ
15-May-2007, 04:07 PM
If you wold watch the movie's you wouldn't have this problem . They make it clear this is a infection. Anyone that doesn't understand this has not seen the movie's. The belief that 28 days,weeks later is about zombies tells us they have not seen the movie. How can you trust a reviewer that has not seen the movie he is reviewing? This guy is selling a book about the Philosophy of the undead, a book I wold most likely buy If this man was not exposed as a lier. How can you analyze movies about the undead and their relationship to us If you include in that analysis two movie that are not about the undead?

FoodFight
20-May-2007, 12:41 AM
You're confused. The reviewer has made the mistake regarding the infection in 28 Weeks Later, not the books' author. Don't let the ineptitude of a journalist keep you from the experience.

EvilNed
20-May-2007, 01:24 AM
Even if they aren't zombies in 28 Weeks Later, I wouldn't call it a stretch at all to call it a zombie movie. After all it follows pretty much exactly the same theme. What are they going to call it? The new "infected" film? There's no established "infected" genre, but there is a established zombie genre which the 28 films borrow themes from pretty much consistantley.

I myself would call the 28 films Zombie films, even if they aren't actually zombies.

DVW5150
20-May-2007, 03:18 PM
Even if they aren't zombies in 28 Weeks Later, I wouldn't call it a stretch at all to call it a zombie movie. After all it follows pretty much exactly the same theme. What are they going to call it? The new "infected" film? There's no established "infected" genre, but there is a established zombie genre which the 28 films borrow themes from pretty much consistantley.

I myself would call the 28 films Zombie films, even if they aren't actually zombies.

A new age these films have brought, makes it more plausible.An infection , no matter how let down you are by what it is called, is more possible. Anyone in their right mind should be abit alarmed.
Zeds = Slow & steady. Rage Infected=Fast & very contagious.You can kill the rage infected with any manner that would kill an uninfected person.As in zeds a blow to the skull of destructive manner is the solution.

In "28 Days" the desire for people to liberate animals in a test lab, lends to the outbreak.
The way this rage passes at the beginning (28 Weeks)is simple:the desire for human beings to help each other earns their undoing...The pathogen easily travels because of close proximity made possible.

Knowing the distinction is semantic . Just 2 cents observation.

EvilNed
21-May-2007, 09:57 PM
Right but that doesn't change what I said. The 28 films still draw heavy inspiration from the established zombie-genre. Heck, infact, if nobody ever mention the "source" of the virus in those films, they would instantly be accepted as zombiefilms. But just because the threat is instilled by a virus this time around, doesn't make it any less of a zombiefilm. It's obviously well aware of the conventions and themes of the genre and follow them closely.

AcesandEights
21-May-2007, 11:43 PM
I love it when people get foolishly upset about 28 Day Later being lumped into the zombie genre. Mmmmm...