PDA

View Full Version : got a question for anyone whos recorded game footage.

Danny
15-May-2007, 12:35 PM
well im bored, i cant carry on with filming for a while since my freinds are all on vaction, ad when they get back ive got exams rollin' around so i thought id try my hand at something basic for youtube or something, so i get the idea to do some video game reviews, simple right?, well wrong, see i HAVE a recordable dvd player, but with +1 channels nowadays ive never actually had to use it, so ive got no idea how to connect my console lead into that and the tv, so i can record it and then put the file on my pc for editing, has anyone else ever tried that?, cus im stumped, it aint like the old days were you could record straight onto a vhs from what was on the screen thats for sure.

MinionZombie
15-May-2007, 12:46 PM
I just filmed the TV screen/computer monitor for such things, of course if you were PC gaming you could use Fraps, but you're on consoles so that's out the window...*taps chin*

If fiddling around with wires and plugging stuff into other stuff doesn't work, then it's most likely not meant to be (ahhh...I remember the days when I was a teenager scrabbling around with a host of video equipment plugging stuff into other things for hours on end...ahhh memories).

Anyway, best bet is to film it off the TV or see if you can somehow transfer the signal showing on the TV into your video camera, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Last resort - film it off the screen.

I thought you were gonna do a Dead Rising video kinda like the one I did for "Vice City", or don't you have that game anymore?

Danny
15-May-2007, 01:20 PM
oh yeah, i forgot about that one, i found a vid on youtube were a guy had done the exact same thing, with the same song i was gonna use no less, so if its been done before dman near eactly like you were going to it kinda seems pointless.
and i tried recording some of silent hill 2 off to tv and i got a horrible picture on it, i have heard of fraps but too bad the best games my pc can play is black adn white and warcraft 3...and for some reason guild wars, but most others crash it or something.
the worst is neverwinter nights, which actually restarts the whole pc after about 3 minutes of play, anyone know why that might happen?

MinionZombie
15-May-2007, 01:22 PM
Got a link to the YouTube video of the Dead Rising thing that was an awful lot like the idea you had?

Danny
15-May-2007, 01:31 PM
ill check *trundles doon tha virtual toon*

here we go

2B_Yl4ZkisM

gotta love zombies and johnny cash:cool:

actually since you mentioned what im working on, ive got a good lengthed script for somethign a little more than the usual short, i posted about it on my own forum but not here, see its kinda like phone booth in a house, with more paranoia, it needs one actor and one cameraman, so the scripts done im after filming that and another i wrote up last november called sunday this month or next.
basicaly this ones called 7 days (i thought to call it 'trapped' but apparently that titles been used allready :lol:) and a guy wakes up to find himself trapped in his own home with a note in the letterbox saying "if you leave you die" and it gets worse from there.
i gotta point out i didnt think of phone booth when i wrote it, so its cool i aint plagarising, in fact i think this ideas a little scarier, hes on his own no one knows him he has no freinds or family, noone on the street even knows that hes a prisoner, its good stuff and i cant wait to film it, ive done pretentious "studenty" shorts ,yknow the kind with little to no dialogue, crappy camera shots and the like but this ones a step up proffesionally speaking in terms of my own filmmaking style, i cant wait, i havent shown owt yet because my net connection sucks and its a one pc houseghold so i can never upload anythign onto putfile or youtube longer than a few minutes, but that one im definatley going to, even from the script im kinda proud of it allready. *shameless self horn tooting*

DVW5150
15-May-2007, 03:27 PM
Shoobee doo wah means: that kicked arse!:skull:
Fantastic ...****

Cody
15-May-2007, 04:32 PM
the owner of the d.r. video doesnt allow embeding cant watch it

MinionZombie
16-May-2007, 09:38 AM
Pretty nifty Dead Rising video there, speaking of which, I've just been and ordered it along with PGR3 and an extra controller...now to wait till Friday when I can order the 360 itself (cos once dispatched it's a next day special delivery thingy, so I'm trying to time it all to arrive on Monday ... yes, I'm that much of a Play.com nerd. :lol:)

BRING THE ZOMBIES!! :elol: