PDA

View Full Version : Yo, fellow STALKERS...

MinionZombie
15-May-2007, 06:54 PM
http://www.stalker-zone.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=87

Apparently this mod (among other cool things, like added fog & zombies) allows you to now DRIVE VEHICLES! :)

Gonna try it out later...hopefully it works with v1.3.

MinionZombie
18-May-2007, 06:16 PM
grrr...gheay! The download still doesn't work, I reported a broken link though...

But I have downloaded the SageSTALK or whatever it's called, which adds a lot more realism to aspects of the game apparently...but no driveable vehicles in that one...damnit, I wanna drive around the zone! :eek:

Although I've found this:

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Transport_Mod;77758

But it only works with V1.0 :rolleyes:

Apparently not the most stable, but if anyone fancies trying it out, lemme know...hopefully the original one I linked to will be fixed.

DVW5150
19-May-2007, 05:39 PM
This game just looks soo friggin' good. I am getting it w/the 360 & Half Life 2...

MinionZombie
19-May-2007, 05:44 PM
STALKER isn't out on the 360, there have also been no confirmations of a port either. It's purely PC right now.

What has been mentioned is they're doing more games in the STALKER franchise apparently, so a sequel, or possibly an add-on ... this'll probably mean a console port, but as yet, nothing's confirmed so basically it doesn't exist. :sneaky:

It has it's flaws, but over all it's a very good game, a thinking man's FPS I'd say, and I loved it.

capncnut
20-May-2007, 01:39 AM
STALKER isn't out on the 360, there have also been no confirmations of a port either. It's purely PC right now.
That's gonna change, I'm sure of it. The game has gone gold dear chap, when these things happen the business horns begin to sprout. They would stand to make a hell of a lot more if they ported it over, I totally would not be surprised if this was announced for the 360 and P$3 real soon.

MinionZombie
20-May-2007, 11:07 AM
Exactly, I wasn't saying it won't be ported, just saying there's no talk or confirmations or anything yet...so technically, it's still PC only. :sneaky::D

I've only played through once, but that was over about 10 or 11 days with a lot of hours put in, but I could have explored more and such, but there were bugs that made the side missions pointless as they didn't 'register' so-to-speak, so you could never complete the side missions properly, ergo - pointless...and I was trying to be a nice guy throughout and not do any missions that involved killing random people because someone has paid me...but next time I play it I'm gonna be a total c*nt. :elol:

Wait for another patch or two, also wait for newer versions of current mods that improve stability, features and graphical performance etc...so it'll be a while until I play it again, but when I do it'll be brand-fookin'-new to me again, hehe...

For now though, I'm rubbing my balls with eager impatience so I can slay zombies and race flash cars about. :cool:

Cody
21-May-2007, 12:39 AM
I hope it would come out for the 360.

capncnut
21-May-2007, 07:30 AM
Fingers crossed.

MinionZombie
21-May-2007, 08:46 AM
Well, you'll certainly be in for a treat, it's a thinking man's FPS, a sort of slow build up, but the latter portion of the game (Red Forrest on wards) is a shooting gallery.

Up till then there's plenty of action, but also a lot of talking to people, trading, exploring and so on ... beware the underground areas...they're scary as sh*t.

The setting of the game is just superb, it's utterly fascinating to wander around an abandoned area with crumbling buildings, homes and factories...and although it's only about 60% accurate to what's there (in real life there are huge expanses of nothingness, a lot of which is kept to areas that surround 'level zones' in the game (you'll understand from the in-game map, just google it), but it's still based on reality, and big chunks are "as-is", so it's really creepy to walk around a place that actually exists...real weird.

DVW5150
24-May-2007, 06:42 PM
I am looking at my '04 Alienware as it sits on the dining room table un connected as of yet.I had been running HL2 & doing video editing, cd burning ect. It took me 6 months to pay for a new motherboard installation, $589.00 for that sh!t .They had to reinstall a new xp os because I had lost the license code.
Anyway MZ, what kinda system requirements do I need to run Stalker ?
It has Invidia g3 or g force 3 gig something or other.(I know so little about this sh*t)
If it ran HL2 (smoothly I might add) , would I be able to run Stalker ?

MinionZombie
24-May-2007, 09:54 PM
I could/can run HL2 and Doom 3 and FarCry smoothly with good graphics, I could play STALKER with respectable graphics and at a decent, constant speed...some moments of slow down/pausing here and there, but this is mostly down to the game's engine itself - patches released improve this, and there are a whole host of modifications out there for the game to improve realism and such, as well as performance as well, which help to smooth performance out as well as increase texture quality.

Definitely playable that's for sure, it won't look as pretty as it's supposed to, but it won't look like a complete plate of bollocks either. It's like £18 here in the UK brand new, so you should be able to find it fairly cheap where you are I'd have thought, worth a punt for sure, a thinking man's FPS with lots of tension, story, scares and places to explore and go "oooh" at.

DVW5150
25-May-2007, 03:48 AM
Stalker fps fun here I come.
Just cant wait to set up my Alienware !
BTW, MZ, is Stalker "online" required, like HL2, the single player missions? Or is it installed purely on your pc like Far Cry or Doom 3?
Thanks for the heads up!

MinionZombie
25-May-2007, 10:34 AM
Nope, you don't need to be online to install/play single player STALKER, none of that Steam style garbage, just a normal install and CD-Key. Bob's your uncle.

I'd recommend downloading the patches though, get your install up to date (which is v1.3 right now).

DVW5150
25-May-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks.
I have to say, when I was stuck on the end of Half Life 2 last summer, Captknut gave some pointers that helped me make it through.

What was the name of that pet head-crab the scientist had?
My memory needs upgrading.

MinionZombie
25-May-2007, 06:05 PM
What was the name of that pet head-crab the scientist had?
My memory needs upgrading.

Lamar.

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/halflife2/darkenergy/hl2-2005-10-16-19-37-23-56.jpg

DVW5150
26-May-2007, 12:48 PM
Lamar.

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/halflife2/darkenergy/hl2-2005-10-16-19-37-23-56.jpg

LMao lol

capncnut
04-Jun-2007, 07:10 AM
Why the hell would a person want to keep one of those pesky things as a pet? I don't know about anyone else but I thought they were a right pain in the arse to deal with.

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2007, 09:40 AM
Why the hell would a person want to keep one of those pesky things as a pet? I don't know about anyone else but I thought they were a right pain in the arse to deal with.
Pain in the arse maybe, but when you double-shotgun blast one right as it's flying at your face and it flies back across the room, ooh it's lovely...the real sunzabeetches were those black ones which were more streamlined and vicious and clung to the backs of those certain types of zombies. Now those were gits.