PDA

View Full Version : Negative Reviews...

DjfunkmasterG
15-May-2007, 09:39 PM
Today I popped on NetFlix and read a review from a someone who claims to be a member here at HPOTD. What I find funny is they have no problem slamming the film on Netflix, but don't post one thing about it here. Which makes me wonder what are they afraid of?

Now if they did post it, who are they? Show yourself, what do you have to be afraid of?

However, the one thing I am getting really tired of are these sh*t heels whom claim they or their kids can do better, well you know what f*ck sticks... put up or shut up. I see a lot of talking and no action. They talk all this sh*t but you don't see them trying anything, and it makes me sick to think they can even write a review when they probably don't know jack sh!t about filmmaking, not that I am an expert, but at least I tried.

At this point I am done with these jackasses. They only thing creative in their entire life ran down the crack of their momma's ass when they were being conceived.

Mutineer
16-May-2007, 01:09 AM
Channel that energy into Part 2 and take it to Sundance ! :cool: :D :)

capncnut
16-May-2007, 05:01 AM
Today I popped on NetFlix and read a review from a someone who claims to be a member here at HPOTD. What I find funny is they have no problem slamming the film on Netflix, but don't post one thing about it here. Which makes me wonder what are they afraid of?
I'll be honest Deej, I've seen some pretty nasty posts about Deadlands in the past right here at HPotD, it could be anyone. What's the point getting worked up about it man?

However, the one thing I am getting really tired of are these sh*t heels whom claim they or their kids can do better, well you know what f*ck sticks... put up or shut up. I see a lot of talking and no action.
I agree, I see a lot of critcism about independent movies from filmmakers who 'claim they can do better' while mysteriously not providing footage of their work to prove their judgement worthy. I could point out a good few mate.

Telcom34
16-May-2007, 05:06 AM
Where are the reviews you were talking about? I went to the Netflix site but all they want is for you to sign up and give them your credit card. I just want to see the opinions people gave. Where is the review page? Can you post the link to it?

DjfunkmasterG
16-May-2007, 10:55 AM
I think you have to be a member to see the reviews.

Here is the link: http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Deadlands_The_Rising/70065650?lnkctr=ph_qm&trkid=203084

axlish
16-May-2007, 03:08 PM
Any chance of a cut and paste?

bassman
16-May-2007, 03:12 PM
I've still yet to see the damn thing...

:(

DjfunkmasterG
16-May-2007, 03:39 PM
#1 Stiv from Texas 1 out of 5
"This is not the work of a struggling filmmaker who had a vision and stretched his meager resources to bring his dream to the silver screen, this is just a bad home movie. The actual length of the movie is about 60 minutes but it feels a lot longer. We dont even see a zombie until the 20 minute mark. Does the filmmaker use the first third of the movie to build a sense of dread and anticipation? No. Believe me, no. All you get is a sinking feeling that you are watching a piece of crap movie. Low budget movies must either rely on a winning script or a standout performance from at least one of the actors. This movie has neither. The zombies arent that great but there are a few good effects. Dont waste your time on this. I understand these guys love zombie movies and worship George Romero but none of this translates to their movie. Quite possibly the most boring zombie movie ever made. The writer/director could use a few writing classes or maybe just sit down with his favorite movies, figure out what he likes about them, and rip them off. The only good thing that might come of this movie is that somebody might see it and say, My God, I could make a better movie than that in my sleep. and then they do it."

#2 Empire film (Member name) - No location
"I usually don't bother making comments about films I didn't like. I rented this one because I know the director is a major George Romero fan and is a frequent contributor to the HPOTD web page. I tried to watch with an open mind. Unfortunately I have to agree with the other reviewers that this was probably the worst excuse for a zombie film that ANYONE has ever offered. It was just awful. Gary , keep your day job."

#3 MovieMaster XL9 (member name)
"Anybody who says anything nice about this no-budget, no-talent, SOV crapfest is either out of their mind or involved in the movie. Deadlands is complete garbage from start to finish. There is NO zombie action until halfway through the ridiculously short 56-minute running time, and what little action there is is pathetic. Most of the movie is about two drunk losers shooting guns at bottles and the rest is about one dude's ugly fat wife babysitting their dumb kid while nothing happens. There is absolutely nothing original or entertaining about this "movie" and everything about the production is incompetent. Don't waste your time on this amateur hour nonsense! The special features are interviews with the morons who made this mess and the equally incompetent British short, "I Am Zombie Man," which is a guy in a skull mask wandering around in the woods trying to be funny and failing... badly!"

(Side note this guy gave Saving Private Ryan one Star)

That is just a sampling of 9 bad reviews. ( 3 others range from so-so to good)

MinionZombie
16-May-2007, 03:56 PM
Pissed off idiots who are just jealous you took your balls out and laid them on the table to make a cool flick and have had a lot of success with it, nothing more. :rolleyes:

But you're always gonna get idiots on the net like that, you should go Jay & Bob on their asses and make a whole new movie about just that, it'd be hilarious. :D:p

axlish
16-May-2007, 09:31 PM
Eh, different strokes I guess. I had fun with it and all I have seen is the rough cut. I can't bash a flick that I had fun with.

Cody
17-May-2007, 09:55 PM
LOL god what a douche, maybe s/he was one of the negative reviews that was left on hpotd?

Debbieangel
23-May-2007, 10:38 PM
That stuff was just plain nasty what they said on netflix!!!
Really if you don't like a movie why would you have to get so personal and attack someone personally? that just dont make sense at all!!
I hope Lou's wife didn't get hurt over that jackasses comments, she is a very pretty woman and she did a good job acting!
I mean really if you don't like a movie DON'T buy it...DON'T rent it!!
Don't attack a person geez!
Dj, really don't let those people bother you so much, some are gonna love your movie and some will hate it! Look at the coverage you are getting, you have far exceeded what you dreamed right? Run with that and don't let these people put ya down!
I know it makes you mad that they won't face you straight up...but, that takes courage which they lack in their character so just brush it off and go on, alot of people Do like your movie and that is what really counts right?
We are all still in you corner Dj who cares what the rest think!

kchertu
24-May-2007, 02:17 PM
Attention w-hores, that's all they are.

kortick
25-May-2007, 06:51 PM
wow

some people are mean

i wonder if its a sexual thing for them