PDA

View Full Version : best zombie game

Leo
17-May-2007, 05:59 PM
what are the best video games with zombies?

bassman
17-May-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm not real big into video games but from what I've played, "Resident Evil 2" and "Dead Rising" take the taco.

capncnut
17-May-2007, 06:27 PM
Resident Evil 2 by far, it still holds up 7 years on.

Leo
17-May-2007, 06:37 PM
any one ever play stubbs the zombie for xbox?

Danny
17-May-2007, 06:42 PM
yep, is an aquired taste but it funking rocks, imagine the movement tpye controls of a halo warthog mixed with the movement of max payne and you almost there, its set in a futristic town in the 1950's so its kinda like retro sci-fi, making a countryside of hillbillys raid a farm house by either tearing through the barricades, or sending you arm down the chimney to posses a hillbilly with a shotgun theres a few ways to finish each level, with a 50's soundtrack, eating brains to mr sandmand or lollypop is memorable to say the least.

to bad the update on the 360 is glitched so it doesnt work:mad:

Leo
17-May-2007, 06:46 PM
any new res evil games coming out?

Danny
17-May-2007, 06:48 PM
uh yeah resi 5.

Leo
17-May-2007, 06:51 PM
hey did u see the one for wii? looks pretty cool

Danny
17-May-2007, 06:59 PM
yep i tend to stay as up to date with horror gamesas i can without living in a lift shaft in a robe (in joke for british tv;) ), the resi 4 one i couldnt care less about, umbrella chronicles looks the ****.
im more excited about alan wake, bioshock and ...another that escapes me right now.

Leo
17-May-2007, 07:15 PM
those games look pretty good

Andy
17-May-2007, 08:04 PM
Dead rising by far.. has me hooked.

Moved to the correct forum too :p

MinionZombie
17-May-2007, 08:12 PM
Well I'll find out what Dead Rising is like soon ... it's still "packing", grrrr, it's been over 24 hours since I ordered it!!! *GAH!* Forshame my inept patience! *rrrajja-frasza-rrrjja-rja*

Resident Evil 2 - I only played the demo, but it was awesome with the zombies, not my preferred style of game (survival horror), but the zombie aspect in the city was ball-rubbingly good. I have fond memories of playing the demo when I was a teenager over at a mate's house late one night and beating it on my first attempt, but he took ages to get through it...:sneaky:

Mind you, I tried playing Code Name Veronica at uni (we had a dreamcast and a tv set up in the kitchen, haha) and I was utterly tea-bagged by that game...so I did what anyone should do when something gets a little bit tough and kinda annoying - GAVE UP! :lol:

CornishCorpse
17-May-2007, 08:22 PM
Code Veronica is fun but the pacing is a little slow for my tastes, more for the Resident evil fan than the zombie fan. Resident three rules the resident evil franchise with a bloody tentacle.

Best zombie game..Stubbs as Hells said is an accquired taste, entertainment for a week but after that got old real fast. Dead Rising Id say takes the zombie biscuit because of the freedom and the endless hours of zombie mashing fun is making the game worth the current title of best zombie game.

: Cough : Harley : Cough :

I think soon as Left 4 dead its going to be the King of the Z genre although they are supposdly "infected"

Tricky
17-May-2007, 09:20 PM
The resi franchise should have been left alone after 3 i think,yeah the zombie action is good,but the plot got unspeakably sh!t in them all after that,and it was pushing the boundaries at the end of 2 (that huuuuuuuuuuge underground umbrella lab that went about 5 miles underground.....yeah,ok :rolleyes: ) but the standard city streets action,& resi one were awesome!i loved the fairly subtle plot & location of the first,with the diaries & newspaper clippings etc.

Cody
17-May-2007, 09:48 PM
All the resident evil games except 1. Dead Rising.

my dead rising broke though :(

CornishCorpse
17-May-2007, 10:04 PM
Me too Cody, Damn 360 screwing the discs but Ill be damned if Im going to pay for another copy that isnt under 15. They got my £40 the first time..the extortionate fukers

DeadJonas190
18-May-2007, 01:25 AM
The single greatest zombie game ever:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors on the SNES.

Hands down, its the best.

If you disagree your wrong, your opinion is invalid, much like an opinion paper in which your teacher disagrees with you and gives you an "F"

:)

MikePizzoff
18-May-2007, 11:31 AM
The single greatest zombie game ever:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors on the SNES.

Hands down, its the best.

If you disagree your wrong, your opinion is invalid, much like an opinion paper in which your teacher disagrees with you and gives you an "F"

:)

I'm going to say Zombies At My Neighbors on the Genesis. I really wish they'd port it to XBOX 360 arcade.

Danny
18-May-2007, 03:00 PM
damn straight, that game rocked, add online two player co-op and that'd be legendary:cool:

-oh and cornish, risings IS 15 quid at gamestation now;)

DeadJonas190
19-May-2007, 04:31 AM
I'm going to say Zombies At My Neighbors on the Genesis. I really wish they'd port it to XBOX 360 arcade.

Well thats acceptable since it is pretty much the same game and the Genesis was pretty freaking awesome.

It would make me very happy if it were to be released on XBOX arcade or even the Wii. I love that game, but my SNES isn't hooked up and i cant find the tv hook up, I cant play it!