PDA

View Full Version : if "it" really happened....

acealive1
17-May-2007, 10:23 PM
lets say we start getting news reports like dawn did and there was mass hysteria. how safe would your house be? would you still occupy your house or follow the reports to go to stations they've already set up? also,what would you do for food providing the power wasnt ever cut off?

my house is already zombie proof. every window is at least 5 feet off the ground,security doors on both doorways and VERY small basement windows. if need be, i can ravage the stores like a quarter block away and not be seen.

anyone have ideas?

acealive1
18-May-2007, 12:22 AM
but posts like this....is....uhhh.......just dumb!

come on, what are we 15 years old here? sorry for putting your post down, but how do we respond to something like this? just ludicrous posting.

sorry if a post like this has been posted.......but there isnt much activity on the boards so i thought i'd post something........sorry for trying to contribute.:confused:

DeadJonas190
18-May-2007, 01:33 AM
Oh, you meant "it" as zombies, I thought you were talking about you getting laid :) Nah, I'm kidding, I'm not an a$$ like somebody else.

I could make up some long story about what I would possibly do, but in reality, I would crap my pants and go hide in the closet with my katanas until the zombies were gone.... and if all hell broke loose, I would gather freinds and family if possible and form a hunting squad. It's not hard to find guns and such here in Michigan since we are a big state for hunting and millitias. I'm sure things would be settled soon. Unless they ran, then we would all die.

acealive1
18-May-2007, 02:45 AM
LOL! im not too far from you,bro. but if that ever happened in d town,theres gonna be a lot of walkers up there.

Cody
18-May-2007, 02:54 AM
the picture in my sig is the perfect zombie proof house.

but my REAL house would need a few bars on the windows and it would be good.

acealive1
18-May-2007, 03:26 AM
just until zombies learn to fly choppers....

Cody
18-May-2007, 03:50 AM
my friend you know that will never happen except in the rotld world. since this is a romero dominated site we go by his rules :)

acealive1
18-May-2007, 07:04 AM
true. i was just kiddin with ya. you'd be safe.

DVW5150
18-May-2007, 11:53 AM
sorry if a post like this has been posted.......but there isnt much activity on the boards so i thought i'd post something........sorry for trying to contribute.:confused:
Ace its cool to go out on 'limb' so to speak.

You have to take into account practical scientific functions.
The hypothesis has been here before, if you check the forum archives of august 2006, you'll find a step by step theoretical 'storyline' written by someone with some practical science experience.It has descriptions of the outbreak that touch on the situations in GARs films as it goes along.Its written in the style of a government report and is really good.

As far as your windows being 5 ft off the ground, I would block them anyway. Get yourself as many MREs you can .Going outside you will encounter not just stenches, but other folk that have the same idea as you.
In a catastrophy like this , one should take the road less populated.
A generator is going to vibrate and make noise, they will be attracted to it.If they sense you its obvious what is going to go down.
BTW, welcome to HPotD... where zeds jam out!

EvilNed
18-May-2007, 02:50 PM
Personally, it would be pretty safe simply because the population density in Sweden isn't that high. We're a big ****ing country geographically, but population wise we're small. Germany, roughly our size, has 10 times our population more or less.

So I don't think many zombies would come knocking on my house to begin with. Suburban area.

Leo
18-May-2007, 02:55 PM
its not only the zombies you have to worry about but the spread of disease and lack of food and clean water

dirtydwarf
18-May-2007, 03:26 PM
lets say we start getting news reports like dawn did and there was mass hysteria. how safe would your house be? would you still occupy your house or follow the reports to go to stations they've already set up? also,what would you do for food providing the power wasnt ever cut off?

my house is already zombie proof. every window is at least 5 feet off the ground,security doors on both doorways and VERY small basement windows. if need be, i can ravage the stores like a quarter block away and not be seen.

anyone have ideas?

Yeah, I'm comin to steal your $hi+...hehe....

Andy
18-May-2007, 05:05 PM
Ive deleted the first couple of replies here, you know who you are the guys who posted them. this is a zombie discussion forum so it shouldn't taken a scientist to work out what he is talking about and i like topics like this, you might not... but you know what the solution is? if you dont like a topic dont read it and certainly dont reply to it. Thankyou.

First off, acealive welcome to the forums :)

If a zombie plague really did break out, there is a factory near me with high walls and metal gates, when it happened i would gather up my gf and a few family members and friends who i know would hold it together and head there.

Cody
18-May-2007, 05:48 PM
I hope its a booze factory

DEAD BEAT
18-May-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh, you meant "it" as zombies, I thought you were talking about you getting laid :) Nah, I'm kidding, I'm not an a$$ like somebody else.

I could make up some long story about what I would possibly do, but in reality, I would crap my pants and go hide in the closet with my katanas until the zombies were gone.... and if all hell broke loose, I would gather freinds and family if possible and form a hunting squad. It's not hard to find guns and such here in Michigan since we are a big state for hunting and millitias. I'm sure things would be settled soon. Unless they ran, then we would all die.

"You hit the nail on the head"!

If there was an outbreak i'd be humpin' till the cows came home at least go with a smile!

Those dead heads would have to bust a john wayne bobbit on me to get me to stop!
:D

Andy
18-May-2007, 06:45 PM
I hope its a booze factory
There's no such thing as a "booze factory", booze comes from a brewery :p

and no it isnt.

acealive1
18-May-2007, 08:43 PM
Ive deleted the first couple of replies here, you know who you are the guys who posted them. this is a zombie discussion forum so it shouldn't taken a scientist to work out what he is talking about and i like topics like this, you might not... but you know what the solution is? if you dont like a topic dont read it and certainly dont reply to it. Thankyou.

First off, acealive welcome to the forums :)

If a zombie plague really did break out, there is a factory near me with high walls and metal gates, when it happened i would gather up my gf and a few family members and friends who i know would hold it together and head there.

thanks for the welcome,i just didnt know where to start in terms of posting.

MoonSylver
18-May-2007, 09:31 PM
its not only the zombies you have to worry about but the spread of disease and lack of food and clean water

And each other. A recurring theme in the movies which would also be an issue in real life as well. Imagine the amout of folks blowing each other away because they thought that person was a zombie (or using that as a convienent excuse...), shooting at anything that moves, those with guns taking supplies, shelter, etc, from those without, etc. It'd be ugly.

EvilNed
19-May-2007, 01:27 AM

Yeah but less people means it's easier to control.

acealive1
19-May-2007, 03:22 AM
And each other. A recurring theme in the movies which would also be an issue in real life as well. Imagine the amout of folks blowing each other away because they thought that person was a zombie (or using that as a convienent excuse...), shooting at anything that moves, those with guns taking supplies, shelter, etc, from those without, etc. It'd be ugly.

which is why im glad about 80% of my family is in the military or law enforcement.

DVW5150
19-May-2007, 12:39 PM
This is a theoretical line of events I mentioned dealing with the possibility of zeds...

http://www.mercy-limited.com/johnian/rant_cds/rant_pages/scripts-fiction/Alomal_137/alomal.htm

fartpants
19-May-2007, 03:20 PM
its sad that some people slag off other peoples posts while never contributing anything constructive to a forum :barf: :barf:

DVW5150
19-May-2007, 06:50 PM
its sad that some people slag off other peoples posts while never contributing anything constructive to a forum :barf: :barf:

Didnt like the article huh? I think it is very interesting.:skull:Where did you get that one? From "An Idiots Guide to internet Flaming" ?

CornishCorpse
19-May-2007, 07:49 PM
I would abandon my house in a second..Its too close to a city and is surrounded by other houses, restraunts and camping sites. The place would be swarmed by day break. On the bright side there is a camping/farming/hunting store near me aswell as a supermarket so there is food,water and fire arms sorted.

acealive1
20-May-2007, 09:38 PM
:eek:

MissJacksonCA
21-May-2007, 05:29 AM
I live on a second story apartment only accessible by a bridge of sorts so if I just blocked access to that i'd be reasonably safe. I'd still block off the windows and doors with large furniture items but i'd prolly end up just fleeing to my boyfriends digs in Texas. He and his friends are all pretty into guns and knives. Most of them know how to use them. And his dads home is easily defendable. It has a property fence surrounding the property. Being out in nowhere it has the view of being able to see around it quite easily. There's plenty of farm animals to eat. There's horses to ride. And there's one of those huuuuge plasma TVs so everyone can watch my zombie films and learn enough to survive. Its a sweet setup.

Ultimately though... i'd like a home with roll-down steel shutters like we had when we lived in Ohio. I'm not sure if they were for tornadoes. I presume so because they were on both the first and the second floor. That made ya really feel safe at night.

For anyone with a basement... remember to block the windows down there!

acealive1
21-May-2007, 07:03 AM
yea u know all about ohio. i'd block mine just for the hell of it. but even a small child would have a problem getting in there

fartpants
21-May-2007, 05:00 PM
i would choose a maximum security prison to hold up in, or even better Alcatraz island would be perfect...

bassman
21-May-2007, 05:14 PM
i would choose a maximum security prison to hold up in, or even better Alcatraz island would be perfect...

Until they discover that they can walk under water.;)

Blackdragon6
22-May-2007, 04:16 AM
i don't think civilization would fall apart as fast as it did in the romero films.but hey thats just me.

Khardis
22-May-2007, 05:14 AM
My house is on an isolated street, more than likely we would barricade it off which is very possible because of the topography of the land. We would even be able to assimilate the gas station at the end of the road and a long ass little stream that runs through our area. We would have plenty of land to grow crops, fresh water, gas, and lots and lots of guns. My stash including my friend who lives next door, he actually puts mine to shame, but he works for the government as well as a local gun smith, and gets paid to test guns out all year. We would have about 8 or 9 houses inside our walls,with around 40 people, more women than men, about a 60% ratio. some children, but no old folks. We would make it into a small village and post guards around it 24 hours and build a small town center. We would begin anew and shoot all zombies and trespassers on sight.

acealive1
22-May-2007, 06:35 AM
very nice idea,bro. mine is a bit harder to corral since another street branches off of it. and theres a street behind my yard.

DVW5150
23-May-2007, 11:56 AM
Get away from the city. The farther you are from populated areas, the better.
If it happened, the odds are that it would be more like 28 than anything else I am afraid to theorize.
I think we are all aware that human beings would be capable of our own un-doing in the firestorm of fear that ensues.

Adolf Kitler
27-May-2007, 05:25 PM
One thing that is often under-considered is the bigger threat than the zombies...our fellow living human beings. With looters, the authorities, the hysterical drawing attention to themselves...it's a recipe for a quick death. Best place would be as far away from anything living and dead. The woods of Montana, perhaps?

Danny
27-May-2007, 06:49 PM
or the local library those places are allways empty.:|

acealive1
27-May-2007, 07:10 PM
i'd hole up in a house on the top of a hill in los angeles. one way up,one way down.

tju1973
27-May-2007, 08:09 PM
I would grab my guns, ammo, and BOB-- and head to the river...

A country boy can survive....

:elol:

Danny
28-May-2007, 01:45 AM
da-da-ding-ding,ding-ding,ding-ding-ding......:shifty: