PDA

View Full Version : Bad move on Mars' part...

MikePizzoff
18-May-2007, 11:24 AM
"Mars products are very popular with young people and many will be shocked to discover that their manufacture now relies on the extraction of rennet from the stomach lining of young calves," it added.

For full story... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6653175.stm

DVW5150
18-May-2007, 01:22 PM
Very creepy indeed ...
Biologically its insane to do that in my opinion.
There may very well be a rush on Mars Bars...

Danny
18-May-2007, 03:20 PM
ugh, i new there was a reason i never liked mars bars, before hand i though it was becuase the ads made em out to be pretentious dicks like coca-cola but this is gross, though most people dont know that the milk in milk choclate is the milk that has blood in it that cant be used in store sold milk.

...i really hope one of you read that whilst taking a bite out of a choclate bar :lol:

strayrider
18-May-2007, 03:48 PM
I eat steak rare. Why would I care about a little blood in a candy bar?

:D

-stray-

Cody
18-May-2007, 04:30 PM
eww eww eww

Tricky
18-May-2007, 06:31 PM
Wont stop me,mars bars are legendary!plus i eat plenty of meat anyway

Eyebiter
18-May-2007, 07:02 PM
What's the big deal? Trust me that isn't the worst thing in your Mars Bar. If you look at the USDA regs for making milk chocolate, there is an acceptable parts per million of roaches in the coca beans.

Chic Freak
18-May-2007, 07:05 PM
Apparently it's the roaches and not the chocolate that give me migraines when I eat it (sometimes)!!

Perhaps the most worrying thing of all is that this does not stop me eating it anyway :lol:

tju1973
19-May-2007, 04:36 PM
WHo cares--- I have a vegan friend that I had to explain to her that the Jello she eats is rendered from beef---

She just cried---

:evil:

AcesandEights
19-May-2007, 05:02 PM
She just cried---

:lol: That made me lol in real life.

Marie
19-May-2007, 07:15 PM
WHo cares--- I have a vegan friend that I had to explain to her that the Jello she eats is rendered from beef---

She just cried---

There are agar based gelatins for vegans. Just saying.....

M_