PDA

View Full Version : Sony releases financial reports...

MikePizzoff
18-May-2007, 11:41 AM
PS3 maker's game division posts $914 million loss for the first three months of 2007--and more than twice that for the full fiscal year.

Full story here... http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170827.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1

MinionZombie
18-May-2007, 11:47 AM
I was hearing this over on ActionTrip and folk were saying how that companies make piss all on the hardware, in fact they make a loss (so Sony will be making a bigger loss than anyone else, haha!) - but it's software that makes the money, and as PS3 have no decent exclusives, nor many decent titles anyway, then they're a bit f*cked right now ... especially as you can find basically all the games on SexBox, except that Motorstorm thing (I'd prefer "Dirt" that's coming soon anyway, should be more fun, rather than constantly crashing) and Resistance: FOM...but if you've got Gears of War, who needs it?

Anyway, I'm just sitting here rubbing my balls and twiddling my thumbs waiting for my SexBox369 to turn up, ah mate, I can't wait to start flicking my bea...er...analogue twiddly things. :sneaky::D

DVW5150
18-May-2007, 02:07 PM
I was hearing this over on ActionTrip and folk were saying how that companies make piss all on the hardware, in fact they make a loss (so Sony will be making a bigger loss than anyone else, haha!) - but it's software that makes the money, and as PS3 have no decent exclusives, nor many decent titles anyway, then they're a bit f*cked right now ... especially as you can find basically all the games on SexBox, except that Motorstorm thing (I'd prefer "Dirt" that's coming soon anyway, should be more fun, rather than constantly crashing) and Resistance: FOM...but if you've got Gears of War, who needs it?

Anyway, I'm just sitting here rubbing my balls and twiddling my thumbs waiting for my SexBox369 to turn up, ah mate, I can't wait to start flicking my bea...er...analogue twiddly things. :sneaky::D

MZ hey man I have liked Sony workmanship my whole life.They have made some of the most important breakthroughs in quality.
The only thing that miffed me was that the older ps2 would crash during San Andreas , & that was when it was running about 30 clients at one time.
I have a slimline ps 2 now & have no complaints whatsoever.I am not brand committed unless I am pleased with the performance.For my taste in gaming, I am thoroughly pleased with the ps2.To each their own in the gaming world.
The key for me is the controller, it is by far (in my opinion) a better more comfortable design than the 360.However, since Half life 2 is coming out on the 360, I will be purchasing one in the nearest future.
For me, it is a combination of features that draw me to a particular platform.

Cody
18-May-2007, 04:37 PM
I converted to miscrosoft. so it doesnt matter :p

Danny
18-May-2007, 05:12 PM
yesss...jooooin ussssss.....:elol:

MinionZombie
18-May-2007, 05:43 PM
yesss...jooooin ussssss.....:elol:
I'm currently joining :lol: ... ach, waiting for it to be dispatched is drivin' me nuts!

And how come Dead Rising, which I ordered at the exact same time as PGR3 and a second controller, was dispatched 2 days after the latter two?! Weirdness ... and annoying...I'm so impatient. :lol:

Ah mate...my balls are smooth as marble right about now I've been rubbing them for the SexBox for so long. :elol::p

Danny
18-May-2007, 05:53 PM
gross, anyway-

everyone i know who bought one is now regretting it, that or they cant take all the "oh so its like a goerge foreman grill" joeks:p

Cody
18-May-2007, 05:59 PM
you probably could cook a fat free piece of meat in a ps3 if you messed around with it enough

MinionZombie
18-May-2007, 06:05 PM
Don't say sh*t like that to me! :eek::rolleyes: Geeeeez...lemme be happy already! :D

I'll aim my desk fan at it to keep it cool, but I doubt I'll manage more than 4 hours a day at most spread across the whole day...more at first, less in a couple of weeks when the novelty has worn off...also, don't move it when there's a disc inside apparently...I'll handle it with cushions, like I do all new tech that I get.

Still, the fact you can get a 360 and a Wii for less than a single Pee3 is the retort of choice for the Foreman thing, which I'd not heard before anyway, haha. 10 and a half million sales is pretty tasty too. :lol:

capncnut
18-May-2007, 06:40 PM
The key for me is the controller, it is by far (in my opinion) a better more comfortable design than the 360.
Oooh, completely disagree there Darrel. The 360 controller is far superior with curves that sit perfect in my hands. It's like squeezing a pretty little white titty.

MinionZombie
18-May-2007, 07:27 PM
It's like squeezing a pretty little white titty.

Methinks my extra controller will arrive before the console itself ... methinks I'll be squeezing the SexBox's titty all weekend. :lol: HA!

I remember the joypad that came with the original Xbox was HUGE, so that was a bit b'ave, the smaller knock-off versions were more suitable. I've rarely found a joypad that's ideal, so I look forward to feeling up the SexBox's. :lol:

Also - here's a question, does the SexBox have one of those clip things you push the disc onto (inside the hole to hold it), or is it just like a disc tray in a normal PC ... if it's the latter, how do you put a disc in and get it out properly when it's standing vertically ... how's that supposed to work? :confused:

CoinReturn
18-May-2007, 08:27 PM
Its a disk tray like on a PC. I have mine vertical, have since launch back in '05. Somehow the disk defies physics and stays in the slot.

Edit: and here are April's sales numbers for the USA:

Nintendo DS 471k
Wii 360k
PlayStation 2 194k
PlayStation Portable 183k
Xbox 360 174k
Game Boy Advance 84k
PlayStation 3 82k
GameCube 13k

GameBoy Advance is a dead system. There are like 4 games coming out for it this year, yet its selling more than the PS3. And holy **** at Nintendo. Last gens big loser is this gens big winner. I still don't have a DS...

MinionZombie
18-May-2007, 10:43 PM
lol, it's mental isn't it that the GBA is selling more, and the PS2 is still doing rather well, even though there's barely sh*t-all games coming out for it anymore...

I saw a video of the disc tray online and indeed - just like on a PC, and yet loading it vertically it defies gravity ... bloody weird that. :eek:

Ah mate, I can't wait to diddle those analogues. :sneaky:

capncnut
19-May-2007, 02:35 AM
What I love about the 360 is that the disc tray opens and closes with a press of the controller. Yes, other than inserting the disc, you never have to reach over to the system unnecessarily ever again. :D

MinionZombie
19-May-2007, 10:39 AM
What I love about the 360 is that the disc tray opens and closes with a press of the controller. Yes, other than inserting the disc, you never have to reach over to the system unnecessarily ever again. :D
:lol: You lazy wank. :)

Good news, PGR3, Dead Rising and the spare controller turned up this morning (Dead Rising arrived in under 24 hours from being dispatched, which is bloody impressive)...just tapping my index finger against the mouse waiting for the console itself to be shipped, ah mate, I've got the blue balls for the SexBox, hahaha!

At least I can pretend to play using the spare joypad, get my fingers used to the buttons.

I love the fact that Dead Rising has something like 'compatible with family friendly control' or whatever written on the back of it ... how on earth can you make that game family friendly?! :lol: Also, the BBFC advisory of "strong bloody violence" makes me wet. :p

Danny
19-May-2007, 11:28 AM
actually the 360 has loads of "family center":rolleyes: options like only being allowed to play ceertain certificates of movies and games, you can even set your gameing preferences control wise for racing and fps game so you never have to keep changing em to your tates with each game, the 360 just reads how you started playing your first fps and sets all fps games that way for you.

so if the wii is hulk hogan, then the 360 is al bundy, the lazymans choice:lol:

MinionZombie
19-May-2007, 12:31 PM
Viva La Al Bundy!

http://hooahwife.com/images/Al-Bundy.jpg

Truly a God among men! :cool:

Screw family settings, long live blood, gore, violence and hugely endowed female beachball players! :D

Danny
19-May-2007, 03:43 PM
looks liek weve converted another *leans bakc on the sofa and sticks hand down side of pants in cleebration*:lol:

DVW5150
19-May-2007, 05:04 PM
Oooh, completely disagree there Darrel. The 360 controller is far superior with curves that sit perfect in my hands. It's like squeezing a pretty little white titty.

LMAO!!! Awesome euphemism! I am gonna get one soon... :lol:

Danny
19-May-2007, 05:27 PM
i hear cap'ns doing the new marketing campaign:lol:

MinionZombie
19-May-2007, 05:37 PM
Converted another? No no dear boy, I've long been a member of the Church-o-Bundy...have been sticking my hand down my trousers in that manner for years now. :cool:

I've even got seasons 1 through 4 on DVD. :D

I remember watching it on Paramount Comedy Channel when it used to start it's programming at 7pm...:)

capncnut
20-May-2007, 01:32 AM
http://hooahwife.com/images/Al-Bundy.jpg
Indeed, Hail Bundy! :cool:

Cody
20-May-2007, 02:51 AM
I didnt even know GC was still being made

LOL @ 13k

MinionZombie
20-May-2007, 11:03 AM
Incidentally ... my 360 shipped this morning! WOOOOO!!!

I don't care if it grosses you out hellsing, but I'm gonna run around for a bit rubbing my balls till you can see your face in them. :lol::D

*starts running...*

Cody
21-May-2007, 12:40 AM
damn minion your gonna get a rash.

capncnut
21-May-2007, 02:36 AM
Nah Codes, you ever hear of ball polish?

"Mr Sheen shines MZ's balls clean!" :lol:

MinionZombie
21-May-2007, 08:49 AM
*high fives*

ball polish like a mall f*cker! *snap!*

I'm hoping the courier comes today, it should really as I tracked the order and it was shunted to Hereford on Saturday, which is just down the road, so it should be here soon...ah mate, if it doesn't came today (which it really should) I'll lie on the floor and slap my limbs against the floor like a toddler that didn't get it's way. :lol:

I just wanna hop in a flash sports car and tear up some tarmac. :cool:

I can finally play with the cars I drool over on Top Gear, haha! (albeit virtually :D)

capncnut
21-May-2007, 09:23 AM
ball polish like a mall f*cker! *snap!*
Perfect buoyancy for spud bouncing. :D

MinionZombie
21-May-2007, 10:40 AM
Perfect buoyancy for spud bouncing. :D
And don't forget, perfect smoothness for faster ball speeding. :D

Danny
22-May-2007, 05:28 PM
i just found this on google image search with "ps3", dont know what its for but tis damn funny, mostly becuase its the only entry in some scots web blog

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/sonysays.jpg

MinionZombie
22-May-2007, 05:52 PM
i just found this on google image search with "ps3", dont know what its for but tis damn funny, mostly becuase its the only entry in some scots web blog

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/sonysays.jpg
:lol:

Gotta love swearin' in a Scotch accent. :D:cool:

Started Dead Rising this afternoon, had a brief encounter with a load of zed's after that dumb bitch opened the barricades :rolleyes:, it's like an old version of that dumbo from Yawn04, ha!

Still yet to venture into the mall proper...but dizamn, there's a lot of little loading screens all the time, eh? :p And that text, sheesh, small much? :rolleyes::D

Otherwise...A MALL FULL OF ZOMBIES!!!

That's the best mini-summary on the back of a box EVER. :D

Cody
22-May-2007, 06:11 PM
scotch eh?

Danny
22-May-2007, 06:24 PM
scotch eh?

yes cody my good man, the scotch :lol:

AM-DtAXBUpI

capncnut
23-May-2007, 08:56 AM