PDA

View Full Version : Ken the Wanderer!

DEAD BEAT
18-May-2007, 08:02 PM
Anybody ever seen a movie called the Wanderers? (circa 1979)

It about early 60's highschool click (gang) life,anyhoop it was made right after dawn and i noticed Ken Foree has a small role in the movie.
It only shows him a couple of times from a distance and i think you only hear him speak once!

I know Ken didn't really start getting alot of notice until he appeared in the 3rd texas chainsaw massacre anybody else know of other rare cameos on Ken? :rockbrow:

bassman
18-May-2007, 08:10 PM
Wasn't noticed until Texas Chainsaw III?:rockbrow:

Dawn was in 1978......TCSM III was in 1990. How do you figure that he wasn't noticed?

capncnut
19-May-2007, 02:24 AM

It about early 60's highschool click (gang) life,anyhoop it was made right after dawn and i noticed Ken Foree has a small role in the movie. It only shows him a couple of times from a distance and i think you only hear him speak once!
Yes, I know this film pretty well. A few months a go I spoke to Ken in a webchat and the first thing I asked him was "were there any more scenes shot for The Wanderers?" Unfortunately "no" was the reply. He apparently protested that he wanted his character to be a bit more fleshy but he was denied. I think it's a shame 'cos there's serious room for improvement with that character.

Dawn was in 1978......TCSM III was in 1990. How do you figure that he wasn't noticed?
Well, true he was in Dawn in 1978 but he wasn't really a true video star until the mid-late eighties with From Beyond and Texas III.

acealive1
19-May-2007, 03:23 AM
yeah i saw this one, it was being made the same time as the warriors......thank god the warriors came out first.

bassman
19-May-2007, 05:21 AM
Well, true he was in Dawn in 1978 but he wasn't really a true video star until the mid-late eighties with From Beyond and Texas III.

I see what you're saying but I really don't buy it. I mean....although "Dawn" wasn't a huge financial and commercial sucess at first(eventually became a cult film amongst film fans), he was still recognized in the horror/movie community.

Foree is recognized more from Dawn than anything else. In my experiences, anyway...

capncnut
19-May-2007, 05:50 AM
And I see what your saying too Bass, Foree will always be Peter from Dawn - there's no other role in my eyes.

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 06:14 AM

It about early 60's highschool click (gang) life,anyhoop it was made right after dawn and i noticed Ken Foree has a small role in the movie.
It only shows him a couple of times from a distance and i think you only hear him speak once!

I know Ken didn't really start getting alot of notice until he appeared in the 3rd texas chainsaw massacre anybody else know of other rare cameos on Ken? :rockbrow:

I saw that flick like 15 years ago. The only scene i remember is when they made some dudes jump off a bridge with a rope tide to their testicles. :eek: Take that eli Roth!!! :p

coma
13-Jun-2007, 02:19 PM
I saw that flick like 15 years ago. The only scene i remember is when they made some dudes jump off a bridge with a rope tide to their testicles. :eek: Take that eli Roth!!! :p
the wanderer gang leader knocks up the local gangsters daughter and has to have a shotgun wedding and he knows (and we do too) that his life is over.

Great Movie.
But I never noticed Foree in it, but its been a long time

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 03:16 PM
the wanderer gang leader knocks up the local gangsters daughter and has to have a shotgun wedding and he knows (and we do too) that his life is over.

Great Movie.
But I never noticed Foree in it, but its been a long time

I saw that flick when I was around 10 or 11. Like so many other movies that I saw at that time I failed to appretiate it because at that age you literally know nothing about life. Worth renting?:confused:

DEAD BEAT
13-Jun-2007, 04:01 PM
I saw that flick when I was around 10 or 11. Like so many other movies that I saw at that time I failed to appretiate it because at that age you literally know nothing about life. Worth renting?:confused:

Oh no doubt dude! Its become a favorite amongst people i know it will grow on you its not to bad!

As somebody posted its not as good as the warriors true...but thats because its not suppose to be taken as seriously.
(also someone said they didnt remember Ken in it,you see him the most at the football game between the 2 rivals!)

This flick deals more with adolesense than straight gang life!
;)

capncnut
13-Jun-2007, 05:06 PM
Great opening scene! :cool:

LWygKNiCmtk&mode=related&search=

Caution: Bad Language.

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 08:16 PM
looks good. I'm on it !!! :D :D

coma
13-Jun-2007, 11:15 PM
mebody posted its not as good as the warriors true...but thats because its not suppose to be taken as seriously.

There was confusion in the titles at the time (they came out around the same time). But hey are nothing alike so a comparison is not even close to valid. One is a futuristic dystopian crime fantasy and one is a period piece more based on realism with humor.
I like both movies.
And, yes, The Wanderers is definitely worth a rental. I liked it a lot.

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 11:26 PM
The warriors is classic. There's no ther movie like it. Uh-oh what's the over under that they remake that one pretty soon? :confused:

coma
13-Jun-2007, 11:36 PM
Uh-oh what's the over under that they remake that one pretty soon? :confused:
Can you dig it?
uh..
NO

It would probably be total ass like Assault on Precinct 13. I knew going to see that was a mistake in the first 3 minutes, for real

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm suprised they haven't remade it yet because it was a really good movie. YES I CAN DIG IT!!! :sneaky: Oh wait, they like making crappy remakes out of crappy originals. Oops, my bad. :rolleyes:

capncnut
14-Jun-2007, 10:27 AM
The warriors is classic. There's no ther movie like it. Uh-oh what's the over under that they remake that one pretty soon?
The Warriors is being remade by Tony Scott (True Romance, The Last Boy Scout, etc) who is going to be updating the story by using real-life gangs from Los Angeles (yes, the new film is set LA). Expect a release sometime in 2008.

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 05:33 PM
Set in L.A. !?!:mad: See, thats the problem with all these remakes. They want to set them selves apart from the originals but in the process they lose alot of what made the originals great.