PDA

View Full Version : tom savini

acealive1
20-May-2007, 09:36 PM
has anyone joined his website fan club? not saying its bad,but you just dont get things promised to you for PAYING to be a member........more like you get nothing and you get shafted by paypal as well. just giving a heads up.

Danny
20-May-2007, 10:35 PM
never joined a fan club , never want to, being that dedicated to any one thing is heading a little to close into uneasy social waters for my liking, but thats just me.

DVW5150
20-May-2007, 11:45 PM
Geez, Mr Savini is a Horror-folklore legend. Why would he expect to get $ for people to enjoy some online content?
Isnt it enough that folk visit the site?
I met him in 2003, at Full Sail in Orlando Florida. He signed my Dawn of the Dead hat.He was a cool dude.
Maybe the Terror Planet thingy went to his head...Maybe not.He probably is motivated by the all mighty buck alittle too much though.
I know that IF my music ever got off the ground, I would want to get paid. But, I never forget those that have given me the wisdom and time to enjoy my work.

DeadJonas190
21-May-2007, 12:00 AM
I haven't joined, but I did talk to the man in person yesterday at the Motor City Comicon. He was nothing but nice to me and the other people that were at his table. Maybe you should go to a convention and ask him personally why you didn't get what you were supposed to get, he would probably want to know that the website people aren't doing thier job.

Cody
21-May-2007, 12:15 AM
did he not sign your autographed photo?

acealive1
21-May-2007, 12:42 AM
i never said savini was the problem at all. but there was like a $10 charge for the fan club and u got a poster and a signed picture. its not the money,its the principle you're helping fund something you care about and you get shafted for it.

CSZ
21-May-2007, 01:16 AM
i never said savini was the problem at all. but there was like a $10 charge for the fan club and u got a poster and a signed picture. its not the money,its the principle you're helping fund something you care about and you get shafted for it.
So you got the picture and poster? I was realy thinking of joining just for the signed pic becuse I wont be abel to make it to a con anytime soon...

Mutineer
21-May-2007, 01:36 AM
I have never met him but have a friend who is good friends with him and he speaks very highly of him.

Cody
21-May-2007, 03:30 AM
I was gonna do that to csz. So 10$ isnt worth a poster and a signed picture?

twistbud
21-May-2007, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't buy anything from a website with this at the bottom.

Site Template courtesy Steves Templates :confused:

LOL - Tom, man, spend some money on a web developer. :D

acealive1
22-May-2007, 03:19 AM
So you got the picture and poster? I was realy thinking of joining just for the signed pic because I wont be abel to make it to a con anytime soon...

i got nothing but passed around via email from the new web master to the old one and back again and they swear they sent it out. i've never had a problem with mail before and didnt get my ****!