PDA

View Full Version : My show went up and was great!

PJoseph
23-May-2007, 01:19 AM
Hey guys.

As you know, I've been writing, producing and directing for The Taurus World Stunt Awards. The show went up Sunday night and it was great! At the very last minute, we got to direct The Rock (who hosts the show) in a little short film, and he was awesome. Great guy to work with.

Backstage, I was producing Mr. T (he's the show's backstage announcer) and I just met a ton of great actors as they were moving on and off stage - Michael Chiklis, Gerard Butler, a few others. Afterwards, there was a huge party on the Paramount studios backlot in the New York Street. Slamming! Joe Cocker performed. Everyone from the show got a chance to unwind as its been an insane 10 weeks of production. My brother was in town and I got him full access to the show - he was really excited to get to see what I do!

The show airs this Friday on AMC. Now, my producing partner and I created almost 45 minutes worth of taped pieces in the show (as well as write the concept for some of the films and staged piece). However, the AMC version is a 66 minute version with a few of the great pieces cut down. I'm trying to convince the Taurus Foundation to put a few pieces online since they were really funny.

I'll remind everyone of the time of the show on Thursday so you can all watch it. It's a great show and it's actually an honest to goodness awards show where the stunt community votes for their own people - so for stunt people getting an award, it's a really big deal.

I can finally breathe a bit before the next gig!

pJ