PDA

View Full Version : is this plausible? or should I avoid it?

MissJacksonCA
23-May-2007, 11:57 PM
So talking to people in the medical community about how they're using dead tendons and muscles and putting them into people who could use them... (this of course goes for organs too)... I was toying with the idea of a person adapting to their dead parts instead of the dead parts adapting to living tissue. From there of course the flow would be something to the effect of 28 Days where its essentially an infection that goes out of control takes over the patient ...its running through their blood... and thus transferred via bodily fluids. I know the GAR films dont really ever talk about how the zombie epidemic started or even go to deep into how its spread (beyond of course being bitten and such) so should this explanation be a good idea or is it just more of a waste of time.

I wanted something someone thought provoking to get the idea into peoples heads that this is a possibility and somehow using meteor showers or rage movies just seemed silly. But to delve into the medical mechanics of using dead parts... maybe its a potential threat.

I remember watching some lousy movie with Jeff Fahey where he got an arm or a hand and it was a malevolent force but with this its not so much the part coming from an evil person... its a benign part of anatomy that transforms the host and creates a flesh hungry 'disease' and because it takes over the body and feeds off the flesh of the recipient its seeking more I guess you'd say...

Danny
23-May-2007, 11:58 PM
good idea but how many transplants of muscle tissue occur? not enough to cause a zombie apocalypse id imagine.

MissJacksonCA
24-May-2007, 12:06 AM
Like i'm thinking it would start with one person in hospital where they'd have access to hundreds of people who can't get up and move and hundreds of people who are able to move and just not anticipation what's going to happen to them.... I mean most doctors see a patient staggering towards them and they're all ... NURSE NURSE someone help this person y'know? And of course while holding them up.... chompers

AcesandEights
24-May-2007, 02:20 AM
And of course while holding them up.... chompers

I don't know why, but that made me chuckle when I read it.

I actually like the idea and I vaguely remember the movie you're referencing about the arm...

MissJacksonCA
24-May-2007, 04:02 AM
That's the Jeff Fahey movie... I kept wanting to say Body Bags but that was John Carpenters ... kinda similar too because of the last story with the baseball player being a transplant recipient too. But I think those movies are more a comedic take on something that's done everyday.

My thought is something I think of as being more innovative in that it spreads light on how the medical profession continues to try to recycle more and more parts from dead bodies. Its actually quite disgusting that they do that but with stem cell research meeting road blocks along the way and not being able to legally or actually clone people I think its intruiguing.

Obviously to get into how the first zombie comes to 'life' will take a while i'm considering a series for cable tv or a series of movies where each segment documents the entire thing from the infection to the outbreak etc. I find most zombie movies to be too short and i'm always left wanting to know what happens next. GAR tried to show what happens next by doing a succession but by not following all of the origional characters i'm still curious where did they end up? I'm thinking either following different groups of people and individuals or just showing a group of suburbanites as they struggle to survive. Most movies have the advantage of having a helicopter of boat or means of travel and its just not realistic enough for me and I want this to be as realistic as possible to get the max effect. If anyone has any ideas or constructive anything on my idea please lemme know cos that would be gravvvvy