PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Drivers really piss me off, and cops who don't care make me madder.

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2007, 07:08 AM
Man... tonight I am on my way home and I come across this grey van swerving all over the road. Instead of just passing him I call 911 on my cell to inform the MD State Police. At Hagerstown I came across the guy, made the call and told them how erratic the van was moving, no cruiser showed up and the guy nearly ran completely off the road twice. I called again at Frederick, MD, 20 miles east of Hagerstown, now its another State Police barracks... No one comes. The guy is now swerving through 3 lanes. I turned on my hazards to warn people and most traffic stayed behind me.

Finally i enter Montgomery County, my town, and I call a 3rd time and finally the trooper keeps me on the phone while they dispatch a cruiser to meet up with us. In the meantime the guy nearly hit the center divider wall, finally the cruiser finds us and observes the guy swerving then turns on the flashers... the guy makes it to the side of the road, cockeyed but makes it. The trooper goes up to him and I pulled behind them as the trooper on the phone instructed.

After 5 minutes the trooper has the guy out of the van and sitting on the wall, he can barely stand. Another trooper pulls behind me and takes my info. He couldn't believe I followed the guy 60 miles before someone finally responded. He said thanks.. most people would have gave up.

I honestly would have put myself in harms way if I had too. Every time someone would decide to pass us as our speed was fluctuating the guy would almost hit them or swerve into another lane... Finally I moved into one of the lanes to keep people away from him if I had to I would have taken him out, risked wrecking my car if it meant to keep someone else from getting killed. It just makes me so mad that this went on for 60 miles... I repeat 60 miles. With all the cops out on this holiday weekend here in the states you would have thought there would be an officer assisting within 10 minutes... nope, 1 hour 14 minutes before it came to an end.

Bongholio
27-May-2007, 07:13 AM
not all people are drunks maybe it was medical

MissJacksonCA
27-May-2007, 07:27 AM
I call the cops everytime I see a possible DUI driver. As a kid whenever I visited my mom she was always driving drunk... and you wouldn't believe how many times she got pulled over with me in the car and the cops actually took pity on her and would drive us home. They wouldn't even write her a ticket for anything! On one occasion she came to pick me up from school early and went inside my school completely intoxicated and demanded I be released early (dont know if she gave a reason) and they actually gave me a pass to leave only to get into a car with a maniac who was completely wasted. I couldn't believe the school would actually care so little as to do that.

I'd say she got pulled over at least 6 times a year with me in her car. If I wasn't in the car with her she took her pomeranian with her and the cops again... would drive her home.

To be fair... drunk drivers deserve to be pulled over but bars that over serve need to lose their liquor license too. There was a time when my mom picked me up when school ended and drove me over to the local pub where I was too pissed to go inside so I waited in the car... three hours later she gets carried out and the guys who carried her put her into the drivers seat... they actually started the car for her because she couldn't even find the ignition! I was so incensed and terrified. And that's like one of many times she got plowed at a bar and they let her drive home.

She did that here in Charleston at a local place I frequent and they called her a cab to take home and the cabby dropped her off at her house and she passed out on the lawn. When I went to see her the next day I was like WTF did she die? I was too pissed and numb to carry her into her house but I went straight into that restaurant and spoke to the GM and blew up. I mean they shoulda called the police if I had a gun I could've killed the bartender.

The worst time she got pulled over was in California in Laguna Beach. She had just tried to run over my dad with her car and missed and sped the whole way until we got to the canyon. The car stalled at an intersection in the middle of the canyon and she passed out. A cop eventually came by and started the car and pulled it to a parking lot where he made my semi conscious mother promise to call a friend to drive us home. Bear in mind this is before cell phones really and there were no payphones. I mean WTF?

The only time she was ever arrested for a DUI was when she passed out behind the wheel of her car and went off a freeway offramp and plowed into another car. Thank god it was an Audi or else she may have killed someone. I actually wish she had killed someone even if it was me because then she would have been forced into prison. She never learned. She never will either. What was so funny about her arrest was she hired the best attorney in Ohio who got her off with a week spent in an outpatient rehab center and she put it off for so long that eventually that center closed down and she never went.

After my years of seeing the police let my mother off without even a slap on the wrists I have no respect for law enforcement officers. They do nothing. I see so many DUIs here where I live because its like bar central and i'm always calling them and giving them plate numbers but they dont even care. I mean do you have any feeling for your fellow human beings? Someone could die. And when someone eventually does... no one will learn from it. It keeps happening.

Eyebiter
27-May-2007, 08:27 AM
Call your local TV station and report the story, I'm sure they would be VERY interested. Might also want to email the local large newspaper in your area.

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2007, 03:05 PM
not all people are drunks maybe it was medical

This guy was DRUNK

Danny
27-May-2007, 06:48 PM
*high 5's the funkmaster*

nice one, just as long as you dont go out at night in a batman costume to clean up the streets. [INSERT JOKE ABOUT LOU BEING HIS ROBIN HERE]:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2007, 06:56 PM
Now there's an IDEA. :D

FATMAN dunnna nunnna nunnna nunnaa dunnnaa nunnna nunnna nu8nnna FATMAN. :lol:

I would have to paint the mustang black and put a Whopper logo on the side of it.

Danny
27-May-2007, 07:07 PM
theres a troma movie in there somewere.:D

Cody
27-May-2007, 08:09 PM
the cops might of just brushed it off by thinking by the time we get there the driver will already be gone

Tied2thetracks
27-May-2007, 11:11 PM
I understand your frustration, I also undersdant the police. You a\only have 50-60 cops for a few hundred miles. An OWI can use up 3 officers, anything other than a speeding ticket will us up to 3 or more. Resurces get streched thin not to mention many folks call in drnk call just because a driver does one stupid thing that pisses them off after dark. They do what they can, supply and demand don't often meet. These guys aren't out there to ignore calls and escape paperwork.

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2007, 11:35 PM
I can understand some of that, but 1 hour and 14 minutes... come on? Literally that was absurd.