PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Over the Hedge

DjfunkmasterG
28-May-2007, 11:54 PM
This film was fantastic from beginning to end. I love animation movies, and for some reason i skipped this during it's initial release, but I was lucky enough to catch it on HBO HD.

I don't care who you are this film will make you laugh plenty. The pop culture references alone were hysterical from start to finish. I usually only dig Pixar stuff, but this is one Dreamworks film I would watch again and again. IMHO this was better than any of the Shrek films.

The Cast was amazing, Bruce, Steve Carrell, Nick Nolte and Gary Shandling were fantastic and funny. Their respective attitudes reflected the characters perfectly. Even Thomas Haden Church as the Verminator had me laughing uncontrollably and that is hard to do with me in this day and age.

Loaded with the right amount of both Adult and Kid humor, anyone from a kid to a kid at heart will enjoy over the hedge.

8 out 10 - took 2 points away because it was only 83 minutes long. It needed a good 15 more minutes.

MissJacksonCA
29-May-2007, 12:35 AM
I really like how they're so advanced that you can actually see quills and fur and it looks REAL... how crazy is that?

This movie was amazingly written from the perspective of animals and I adored it. I especially liked the whole... 'this is where they worship food' thing... classic.

darth los
29-May-2007, 01:10 AM
This film was fantastic from beginning to end. I love animation movies, and for some reason i skipped this during it's initial release, but I was lucky enough to catch it on HBO HD.

I don't care who you are this film will make you laugh plenty. The pop culture references alone were hysterical from start to finish. I usually only dig Pixar stuff, but this is one Dreamworks film I would watch again and again. IMHO this was better than any of the Shrek films.

The Cast was amazing, Bruce, Steve Carrell, Nick Nolte and Gary Shandling were fantastic and funny. Their respective attitudes reflected the characters perfectly. Even Thomas Haden Church as the Verminator had me laughing uncontrollably and that is hard to do with me in this day and age.

Loaded with the right amount of both Adult and Kid humor, anyone from a kid to a kid at heart will enjoy over the hedge.

8 out 10 - took 2 points away because it was only 83 minutes long. It needed a good 15 more minutes.

I cought it as well. I dvr'd it off of HBO on saturday night . I agree that is has just the right balance of adult/kid humor. Alot of the adult humor goes right over the kiddies heads which is cool. I really love the way they make these cartoons like that nowdays. When did that era start DJ? The "shrek" type films that appeal to all age groups i mean. When they figured that formula out it was a box office bonanza. It used to be that you used to dread taking the kids to the movies to watch one of the old style cartoon movies, with a few exceptions of course. Nowdays parents are dragging their children to see movies like shrek. I ask cause you are the expert and all...:rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
29-May-2007, 01:45 AM
I think Aladdin was the first film to do it. So around 1992.

Cody
29-May-2007, 04:31 AM
ill check it out

Graebel
29-May-2007, 02:41 PM
The squirrel alone was worth the price of admission.

However, my kid liked it too.

DjfunkmasterG
29-May-2007, 03:12 PM
Hammy ruled. :D

MinionZombie
29-May-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh hell yeah I totally dug Over The Hedge, watched it when it came out (*ahem* you know :D), anyway, very fun flick, great cast - even Avril Lavigne as the daughter possum thingy was good!

Great flick. I also enjoyed that little red riding hood type film, it was quite low budget, the jokes weren't thick and fast and it wasn't superb, but it had some neato moments and a nice construction...plus the zany squirrel thing in it that says "deen-ah-mee-tay!" was the best thing ever. :D I forget the name of it now, but it came out around about the same time as OTH.