PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft charges $150 for broken 360's?

MikePizzoff
29-May-2007, 10:59 PM
My friend just got the three rings of death today so he called Microsoft. Apparently they are charging $150 for people that have their systems fail (when they're not supposed to). I was under the impression that they did it for free... ya know, since you already forked out so much cash. Plus I see TONS of people on message boards casually talk about how they've had to ship out to Microsoft four or so times and not once mention how much money they've put down the drain.

Are all of these people just extremely wealthy or is it a new thing that Microsoft is charging to fix them? I'm pretty pissed now that I didn't renew the warranty on mine. UGH. Very pissed.

darth los
29-May-2007, 11:10 PM
My friend just got the three rings of death today so he called Microsoft. Apparently they are charging $150 for people that have their systems fail (when they're not supposed to). I was under the impression that they did it for free... ya know, since you already forked out so much cash. Plus I see TONS of people on message boards casually talk about how they've had to ship out to Microsoft four or so times and not once mention how much money they've put down the drain.

Are all of these people just extremely wealthy or is it a new thing that Microsoft is charging to fix them? I'm pretty pissed now that I didn't renew the warranty on mine. UGH. Very pissed.

I think that most over the free repairs were to the sytems bought within the launch period and the months there after. I've heard similar stories about free repairs. It doesn't surprise me that they would charge that much though. It's been a recurring theme the last couple of days that these corporations are evil and that's business. He should just break down and buy an elite version. I got mine at launch and feel very fortunate not to have any problems ( Dammit!! I hope i didn't jinx it !!) They should have a way to insure the systems even if the warranty has lapsed considering the rate at which they break down.

MikePizzoff
29-May-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't see how they don't have lawsuits against them. I went through one console already. If I go through this second one I'm farking contacting my lawyer.

Danny
29-May-2007, 11:14 PM
if my 360 breaks, and its been fine for the last eyar thank god, ill get my ass a wii to replace it.

darth los
29-May-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't see how they don't have lawsuits against them. I went through one console already. If I go through this second one I'm farking contacting my lawyer.

Because most people are lazy and don't want to go through the trouble. Sounds like a plan though. You think there are enough defective consoles to warrant a class action? It seems like there a grounds. Microsft knowingly launching a console that by far exceeds the normal amount of system failure sounds negligent to me. Do you think that's the case or that for some reason people are making more of a big deal about it this console gen by actually reporting them?:rockbrow: .

MikePizzoff
30-May-2007, 12:00 AM
Because most people are lazy and don't want to go through the trouble. Sounds like a plan though. You think there are enough defective consoles to warrant a class action? It seems like there a grounds. Microsft knowingly launching a console that by far exceeds the normal amount of system failure sounds negligent to me. Do you think that's the case or that for some reason people are making more of a big deal about it this console gen by actually reporting them?:rockbrow: .

They definitely released a faulty system. I've had 1 go on me; a friend has had 2 go; and another friend is on his FIFTH 360. These are three people that never had console problems in the past and always care for their consoles.

darth los
30-May-2007, 12:02 AM
More evidence that microsoft rushed their console to market a year early in order get a leg up on sony this gen.

Danny
30-May-2007, 12:37 AM
the only one ive not heard problems about is the wii, though to be honest with nintendo you know your getting quality.

-wait, do ninty still put the nintendo seal of quality on there games?:confused:

darth los
30-May-2007, 12:41 AM
I just checked the back of my copy of twighlight princess and yes they do. Now you're playing with power !!

acealive1
30-May-2007, 01:09 AM
hmph,and people call me stupid for saying xbox isnt ****.........what now?

Danny
30-May-2007, 01:51 AM
to be honest the only thing i like about the 360 is the ability to have the gamertag and eachievments and play music sotred on it whilst gameing.
if it didnt have the likes of fable 2, halo 3,bioshock, alan wake, dead rising 2, half life 2 and loads more i wouldnt own one, in fact thats why i ,like many dont own a playstation 3 its techincally a superior console, albiet with a much less satisfying controller asthetics wise but it just doesnt have such a great range of games available and coming out as the 360.
that said theres still only around 40 360 games out in england right now.

like i said before the only one without compare is the wii , not only becuase its a system like no other but the games are unique, the 360 adn the wii both have great games but are for completely different reasons so dont compare.

darth los
30-May-2007, 02:05 AM
hmph,and people call me stupid for saying xbox isnt ****.........what now?

It's all relative. I"d wager that sony's gaming division would kill to have microsofts "problems".

Cody
30-May-2007, 03:28 AM
360s get beat up easily

Danny
30-May-2007, 03:31 AM
my mom knocked mine from standing to onto its bottom on a conrete floor when hoovering, it still works but thats the only time ive yelled "MOTHER****ER!" in shock in front of my mom:dead:

DVW5150
30-May-2007, 04:23 AM
my ps2 slim has never crashed.
I am gonna go take a wii on my ps3, of course unplug it first.:|

capncnut
04-Jun-2007, 09:06 AM
They definitely released a faulty system. I've had 1 go on me; a friend has had 2 go; and another friend is on his FIFTH 360. These are three people that never had console problems in the past and always care for their consoles.
You see this is the age old debate, how long does a console last? I got my 360 on launch and it definitely ain't a faulty system as it's still working a treat. However, I got through 4 Xbox's in two years and everyone was telling me the same thing. I have also heard similar reports from Sony owners and when the PS2 was first released it was prone to a god-awful clicking noise. At the end of the day, all consoles are tempramental and prone to random failure methinks.