PDA

View Full Version : he's baaaack !! Kevorkian goes home

darth los
31-May-2007, 10:46 PM
I haven't given the assisted suicide thing much thought, not enough to formulate an opinion on the matter anyway. So let's have it, is he a murderous criminal or a compassionate man who only did what his patients wished? Is there a right to die like so many other implied liberties in the constitution?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18965904/

Cody
31-May-2007, 11:02 PM
i dont know its sick he help bring someone death but IT IS what the patient wanted

touchy subject ya know?

darth los
31-May-2007, 11:11 PM
The assisted suicide thing aside, It's always made me laugh that there are actually laws on the books that make it illegal to kill yourself. I mean, how do you enforce something like that?

DjfunkmasterG
01-Jun-2007, 12:11 AM
In this day and age they will dig yourass up charge you second degree murder on yourself, hold a trial and convict you with a sentence of death then mark the docket... TIME SERVED. :lol:

darth los
01-Jun-2007, 12:52 AM
Kevororkian looks like he's right on the cusp of dying himself. He might try and take the cryptkeepers job.

zombiegirl
01-Jun-2007, 01:34 AM
Kevororkian looks like he's right on the cusp of dying himself. He might try and take the cryptkeepers job.

:lol: The crypt keeper looks better.

MissJacksonCA
01-Jun-2007, 02:29 AM
I love when there's someone who wants to die and they're up on a roof or standing at the ledge of a bridge the police are called in and they try to talk the person down and then put them in the looney bin. Technically thats what people who are suicidal want... someone to care and to talk to but still...

The difference between the suicidal and the people who want to die with kevorkians aid is simple... they're ALREADY DYING he's just putting them out of their misery. My grandma had cancer so bad that when she was sitting on her death bed for weeks she was in such pain that you couldn't even touch her or kiss her hand or anything. It was literally torturing her. My mom begged my dad to "help" her and of course he couldn't risk his career to do it and eventually she died in great pain and agony. Who are we to say its wrong or to even call it murder?

There was a time on NPR when this woman was a nurse in the oncology ward and she said that cancer was the best way to die because it gives your family time to come to terms with your death and to let you go. Whereas when someone suddenly dies in a car wreck its hard to accept. She actually said she hoped to die from cancer. Well I hope she dies from it too. Its a painful way to die. The medication that helps you only takes away your looks, your ability to control bodily functions, and turns you into an invalid. The cure is worse than the disease and she deserves it with a touch of gonorreah just for saying something like that.

At some point people deserve to have the priviledge to say I want to die I'm in pain, I can't put my family through this, its time for me to go. And if they need some help then so be it. We have things like do not recussitate orders to keep doctors from trying to bring a person back to life even though technically as doctors shouldn't they do ANYTHING they can to? I mean if they dont aren't they letting someone die? Shouldn't that then be manslaughter? Or what about the Terry Schiavo thing? Should people be allowed to pull the plug?

When you stop allowing people to choose what they want for themselves you're no longer living in a country with personal freedoms. Its like we get to live but someone else gets to choose how we die. Its sick.

MinionZombie
01-Jun-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm totally in favour of "assisted suicide" (as the raunchy name for it goes anyway), if someone who is terminally ill who has such a sh*tty short life ahead of them, if they've chosen to just be put to sleep peacefully rather than suffer the indignity and agony of terminal illness, or even worse - a vegetative state - then that's THEIR choice and NO-ONE else's, not family, not friends, and especially not politicians or religious nutjobs.

If I was rendered vegetative, I'd want to be put to sleep and not have to suffer the indignity of being a burdon on those around me and the state itself, imprisoned within yourself, f*ck that.

The right to life, and indeed the right to death, is only down to the individual themselves and if someone has stated very clearly that in listed circumstances, they'd want to be put to rest, then so-be-it. I find it disgusting that these people's wishes are not being respected...I also find it disgusting how people are the centre of these arguments get dragged out through the media, I wouldn't want myself - all vegetated and undignified - to be paraded around the media, I think it's disgusting that that has happened, absolutely sick.

If someone want's to be put to rest under certain circumstances, such as those listed, then absolutely no-one should be able to stop it, and for anyone who does help their loved ones achieve their wish, they shouldn't be jailed or fined or anything, they should be commended for their utter devotion to the individual who requested their own personal peace.

darth los
01-Jun-2007, 10:44 PM
If anything, right or wrong, I think it's a personal decision between the terminally ill patient and their family. Gov't should not get involved. The pols couldn't care less either way.:moon: They just get involved to get their base all riled up.