PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Film Tag Lines

erisi236
02-Jun-2007, 05:12 PM
From the movie The Dead Pit

"When the dead start to walk you'd better start running..."

I find that great for some reason, any others that you guys know that tickle your fancy? :)

sgrosse
02-Jun-2007, 06:12 PM
I remember a few years ago, I let my brother watch Dawn of the dead. He saw the tag line "When there is no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the earth" and turned to me and said, "Thats not from the bible is it". I remember it, because the phrase scared my brother, and thought that it was prophetic message from the bible.

darth los
02-Jun-2007, 06:32 PM
NOTLD - "You can be boss down there, I'm boss up here".
Notld- "Yeah, they're dead, they're all messed up"
DOTD- "You are stronger than us, but soon i think, they be stronger than you"( very chilling scene imo)
Day_ "i'm running this monkey farm now frankenstein and i wanna know what the f**k you're doing with my time!!"

MissJacksonCA
03-Jun-2007, 05:52 AM
"yeah, hopefully its' just full of flesh eating monsters and our baked beans are still intact in there" from the Walking Dead... I know I know... not a film but funny as anything...

LOTD - In a world where the dead are returning to life the word 'trouble' loses much of its meaning

LOTD - Looks like God left the phone off the hook.

from Day...
[Bub has saluted Captain Rhodes]
Dr. Logan: Apparently he was in the military! Return the salute! See what he does!
Captain Rhodes: You want me to salute that pile of walking pus? Salute my ass!
Dr. Logan: Your ignorance is exceeded only by your charm, Captain. How can we expect them to behave if we act barbarically ourselves?

I'll set us down. But I won't leave my seat and I'll keep the engine running. Now the first sign of trouble, I'm going up. If you ain't on board when that happens, you're likely to have a lousy afternoon.

It takes more energy to keep quiet than it does to speak the mind.

Dawn 04
Kenneth: Is everyone there dead?
Steve: Yeah, in the sense that they all sort of, uh... fell down... and then got up... and started eating each other.

Michael: Look, there's no point in arguing about this, all right? We need a solution. We need... we need to get some food over there.
Steve: Yeah, OK, I have an idea. We draw straws and the loser runs across the lot with a ham sandwich.

How about I put my foot up your ass, will that be your problem?

Trust is the basis for any successful relationship

Dawn Origional

Peter: Ain't it a crime.
Stephen: What?
Peter: The only person who could miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it.

Peter: Right, and we're up here doing traffic reports! Wake up, sucker! We're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are. We gotta find our own way.

Fran: Stephen, I'm afraid. You're hypnotized by this place. All of you! You don't see that it's not a sanctuary, it's a prison! Let's just take what we need and get out of here!

darth los
03-Jun-2007, 06:18 AM
Fran: Stephen, I'm afraid. You're hypnotized by this place. All of you! You don't see that it's not a sanctuary, it's a prison! Let's just take what we need and get out of here!

You know i've always been intrigued by that line. Not to say that she wasn't totally right, but As Logan said "where will you go"? I think she failed to get used to the fact that this is what life was now. The only other alternative was to live in fear day by day fighting off zombies out in the open, which they were in no position to so by the way with her being pregnant and them being low on fuel. I know it was a prison and all, but it also doubled as the safest place they could have possibly been in at the time. they would have been crazy to leave. But as has been my life experience , people are never happy. They will always find something to bitch about.

Furthermore, If it wasn't for Stephen getting himself killed and showing the other zombies the way up they could definitely stayed up there atleast long enough to plan their next move. Who knows, they might have figured out a way to retake the mall. It would definitely have been much more difficult being that the zombies now had access to most of the stores, the gun store in particular.

I know i'm way off subject, but i just thought i'd share my thoughts about that line. Good stuff dude.

MissJacksonCA
03-Jun-2007, 06:27 AM
I think the safest plan of action knowing that rednecks were using this as a chance to loot the world... would be to stock up on absolute necessities and prepare to leave... make a plan.. kill the zombies from the safety of the roof. They had such great access to the gun store and its supplies it was silly for them not to make a plan to leave. Even if they were never planning to leave they should have at least created some kind of "safe zone" within the mall... a place that would have been hidden from zombies and looters alike. They became too infatuated with the idea that this is a great place to be. In fact it was the biggest target of them all... the zombies wanted to eat them, the looters wanted to kill them and take all they had.

I didn't feel at any time that they were unable to venture out into the wilderness of the city to find another shelter. Personally I mean what would the harm have been to join the forces of the army or the rednecks and help killing the zombies with all the stuff from the gun store? It seems like their only interest was to find a place to hole up and wait for it all to be over. That's not a plan and its not enough for me. I'm not going to wait to die, i'm going to go out there and do what I can to prevent it and if I die trying at least I was trying. In the movie they were basically hiding... I dont want to die that way... Fran didnt either

darth los
03-Jun-2007, 06:42 AM
I think the safest plan of action knowing that rednecks were using this as a chance to loot the world... would be to stock up on absolute necessities and prepare to leave... make a plan.. kill the zombies from the safety of the roof. They had such great access to the gun store and its supplies it was silly for them not to make a plan to leave. Even if they were never planning to leave they should have at least created some kind of "safe zone" within the mall... a place that would have been hidden from zombies and looters alike. They became too infatuated with the idea that this is a great place to be. In fact it was the biggest target of them all... the zombies wanted to eat them, the looters wanted to kill them and take all they had.

I didn't feel at any time that they were unable to venture out into the wilderness of the city to find another shelter. Personally I mean what would the harm have been to join the forces of the army or the rednecks and help killing the zombies with all the stuff from the gun store? It seems like their only interest was to find a place to hole up and wait for it all to be over. That's not a plan and its not enough for me. I'm not going to wait to die, i'm going to go out there and do what I can to prevent it and if I die trying at least I was trying. In the movie they were basically hiding... I dont want to die that way... Fran didnt either

An interesting perpective and you know i respect your views. However, i disagree. First, I again pose the eternal question. Where will you go? I'll even conceed to you that some people have a fighting spirit and don't want to, as in your view, "wait to die". But you also must conceed that they were not going to find a place much safer than that to go anyway. Anywhere they went they were going to have to find a viable location to first, gut of any zombie infestation that might be presenst and then hunker down and then "wait to die" at that location. This is mainly do to the inconvienient truth of that whole zombies taking over the planet thing. They could have also been alot better prepared for the event of looters, etc.

I agree with you to a point that the whole while the should have been picking off zombies from the roof in order to keep their numbers manageable in case of a breach of their defenses.

I also think their "apartment was their "safe zone" Think about it. The only reason it was infiltrated is because Stephen led the zombies there. How could the ever plan for such an occurance? Furthermore, one of the reasons they didn't venture out is because they were low on fuel. They were lucky to find the mall when they did because they were not going to get much further.

MissJacksonCA
03-Jun-2007, 06:48 AM
Go to the coast... find a sailboat... fish for food, purify your water, maybe find an isolated beach... with slow moving zombies sticking to small towns and staying out of the major cities and heading towards the coast is the best choice. Even if you can't get to the ocean find a lake and a boat there... its an easy means of travel, easy to spot any survivors or zombies around you... and of course sailboats need no gas

And I think they could've easily ventured out on foot like the people who were fanning out to kill off the zombies in the country...

But personally I couldn't believe they didnt stop the spreading of zombies... with the number of people getting together to kill slow moving dim witted corpses I mean HOW COULD WE NOT WIN lol but even still... they were in a place where they allowed themselves to get surrounded... be it by other people or zombies they made themselves a literal target...

I even may have pursued the idea of taking one of the semi trucks to venture out into the wilds with... they're built like brick ****houses and apparently they had SOME gas...

darth los
03-Jun-2007, 07:08 AM
Go to the coast... find a sailboat... fish for food, purify your water, maybe find an isolated beach... with slow moving zombies sticking to small towns and staying out of the major cities and heading towards the coast is the best choice. Even if you can't get to the ocean find a lake and a boat there... its an easy means of travel, easy to spot any survivors or zombies around you... and of course sailboats need no gas

And I think they could've easily ventured out on foot like the people who were fanning out to kill off the zombies in the country...

But personally I couldn't believe they didnt stop the spreading of zombies... with the number of people getting together to kill slow moving dim witted corpses I mean HOW COULD WE NOT WIN lol but even still... they were in a place where they allowed themselves to get surrounded... be it by other people or zombies they made themselves a literal target...

I even may have pursued the idea of taking one of the semi trucks to venture out into the wilds with... they're built like brick ****houses and apparently they had SOME gas...

I think it's exactly the opposite. The zombies were mostly congregated in the big cities. Roger even says, "we gotta stay out of the big cities, if it's anything like Philly we may never get out alive...We gotta stay in the sticks."

I still say it makes no sense to go anywhere. Atleast Riley from LOTD had a plan an general idea where he wanted to go. It's like the fools in DAWN 04'. Sure we'll go to Steve's boat but then what? The protagonists in Dawn were even lucky to find the mall when they did. You should never look a gift horse in the mouth. A few more hours and they would have been out of fuel. To give an idea of how long that is, Sarah from day say that they went up the coast 100 miles each way and that depleted their whole fuel tank. I'm not sure what part of Pennsyvania they werei n but i believe they were quite far from the coast. They started off near the docks and, i believe, were headed inland. NowJudging from they way they kept pointing to the fact of how low on fuel they were i doubt they could have made it 50 miles tops.

I also find it very hard to believe that the plauge couldn't be controlled. However the reason why is what the opening scene was about. The black guy says, "People aren't willing to accept your solutions doctor and i for one don't blame them". this is obviously alluding to the fact that people just couldn't bring themselves to shoot/decapitate their loved ones. Stephen further validates this line of logic when he tells peter, "This could be controlled if only people did what had to be done".

In any case the using the trucks thing to go out and explore is definitely an option. Atleast someone came up with a viable alternative.

MissJacksonCA
03-Jun-2007, 07:12 AM
its just my personal feeling that when you stand/sit still you're just dying... by staying in the mall they were staving off the inevitable

sgrosse
03-Jun-2007, 07:03 PM
To me, one of the most important things you can remember is, dont go looking for trouble. If the dead are rising, and by Dawn, they knew that they were, then the balance between living and dead would soon be horribly out of balance. Even if people werent bit, when they died in the insuing chaos that followed the initial outbreak they would rise again. So, unless you were special forces, odds are, you wouldnt be much good to anyone untill you learned to master a headshot. With the exception of maybe asassins, the bulk of anyone trained to carry a firearm would not be able to nail a headshot while the pressure is on and the dead are closing in on you. It was a problem I think they addressed well in the original dawn, but I have not seen anyone else cover this topic at all. In most other Zombie movies, people are able to pull off successive head shots almost immediatly following a Zombie outbreak. You are trained to go for center mass, which is the chest and abdomen area. So that being said, one of the most intelligent things to do is to find a defensable area to go to, and stay there untill you are confortable enough to leave.

Philly_SWAT
03-Jun-2007, 11:44 PM
This is an interesting line of discussion, although, not really about "taglines". Taglines are just that, the taglines from the movies, not just cool random quotes from the movies. For the record, my fav tagline would be "When there's no more room..." from Dawn.

As far as the discussion goes, here is my opinion. In a world where the dead are returning to life, the concept of "right or wrong" answers to a course of action to take are difficult to measure. What would be the ultimate goals of the group? Survival, for as long as possible? Trying to retain the closest semblance to ... "pre-outbreak" life as possible? Re-taking control of the earth for the living? Different people would surely have different opinions as what they should do, and those opinions may differ from what regular society might expect from them. A group of soldiers may decide that it is a lost cause, and run. A group of accountants may decide to fight and try to regain control.

As far as what our group of heros from Dawn should have done, I have a few thoughts. I agree with darth, where would they go? Why was Fran in such a state about going to Canada? Of course, because it was in the script, but looking at their situation, what reason was there to think that anywhere in Canada would be any better than where they were? Unless she primarily wanted to be out in the woods in the middle of nowhere, away from large groups of zombies, but that type of area could be easily found in Pennsylvania, and elsewhere in the US.

It was in fact a lucky break that they happened upon the mall. I for one would want to stay there, for as long as possible. There was still power, a definate plus to me. There was a large array of food and goods, and truly necesary goods, like guns, tools, etc, and fun goods, such as record players, video games, etc. As long as the power stayed on, it would be a great way to try to keep up the pre-outbreak way of life going for as long as possible. Even after the power went off, the mall was still a great fortress. They still had access to the open air via the roof, and could go up there in the summer when it became hot inside. Also, they did have a "safe room" in the mall, which was their pad. The problem was, they didnt secure it very well. They should have have some steel bars to secure the door, just in case. Big heavy items to put behind the door. The back wall wasnt even that far away from the door, they could have put items between that wall and the door, making it impossible to open. There was only the small landing outside the door, not enough room for more than a few zombies to be in a position to push on the door. Why not take the time to do it? Its not like they were too busy because they had to go to work. Their number one priority should have been the security of the mall, in a variety of ways. Another idea would be to have a way to shoot a zombie (or a person) outside in the stairway without having to open the door, either via a hole in the "bedroom" wall, through the ceiling, or even the roof.

I think they should have done a better job of securing the mall doors from the inside. Even if the bikers had never come along, eventually, the zeds might have managed to break the glass somewhere. Again, its not like they had anything else to do. They could have started taking apart some of the inner walls, using large pieces of furniture, whatever, to make it very, very difficult to enter the mall. If they had done that, and the biker gang came, at the very least it would have given them a lot more time to secure the doors to the stores, and then made it to the hideout. At the most, the extra trouble of trying to get in the mall might have caused the careless band of bikers to become zombie food before they even gained entry. I also would have moved a lot of the mall neccesities in the mall into one or two stores, and gave those stores extra security. That was, even if looters broke in, they would have trouble getting the items most valuable to our group of four. I would try to secure the guns, the food, and the tools first, then any other fun items, such as records, clothes, etc. Who cares if the TVs and jewelry and clothes that were the wrong size were taken? Also, the fake wall they made to cover the entrance to the hallway was way, WAY too flimsy. They used some cheap, quarter inch think paneling board or something. Why not plywood? And again, why was they not a better baricade behind the door? As good as Peter's ideas were, they were not taken as far as they should have been to be truly effective.

As far as the zombies outside, I'm not sure that I would try to "thin them out". As long as the doors were secure, the very existence of a large horde of zombies outside would provide extra security against a band of looters. As far as the "need to be special forces to get headshots" comment, I disagree. They had high power scopes, and Flyboy and Fran were taking target practice in the skating rink, they would improve over time. I myself am a pretty good shot, and have no doubt I would be able to get a headshot on the first try 80-90% of the time.

Lastly (am I rambling on here?), taking one of the trucks, or the chopper, in the need or desire to escape, should definately been a plan they should have worked on. Again, there was a large amount of guns, tools, and clothing that could have been boxed up just in case they wanted to make a quick getaway. Of course, there was only so much room in the chopper, but we do see them putting some boxes of something in there, presumably guns or goods. I would have to assume that there were maps somewhere in the mall, either for sale of in the security office. They could have tried to find out likely locations for fuel, and took the chopper out to find it. They could have also planned for a future escape route. Leaving the mall would be my last option, but an option that should have been well planned for, just as important as the mall security plan was.

sgrosse
04-Jun-2007, 12:08 AM
In my opinion, I think that the reason that she wanted to get up Canada might be because she was under the impression that it was sparcly populated. Maybe an "anywhere but here mentality" but on a national level.

acealive1
04-Jun-2007, 12:17 AM
In my opinion, I think that the reason that she wanted to get up Canada might be because she was under the impression that it was sparcly populated. Maybe an "anywhere but here mentality" but on a national level.

in that case,they should have set LOTD in my town since it didnt look very far to canada in the movie. and im not far from there either. at most im an hour from canada.

MissJacksonCA
05-Jun-2007, 01:59 AM
Bitch isn't standing now!

darth los
05-Jun-2007, 02:11 AM
That line is second only to: "I think I'm gonna get laid when I get out of here/ "You might wanna clean up a bit first"