PDA

View Full Version : anyone actually like the Undead?

MissJacksonCA
04-Jun-2007, 04:23 AM
I thought it was funny that the film had a lot of tributes to other movies like the Evil Dead and Independance Day but I felt all in all this movie wasted nearly 2 hours of my life! The only good part was the end!
Did anyone enjoy it?

MontagMOI
04-Jun-2007, 10:06 AM
God, no. I thought it was awful. I agree totally with you saying it was a waste of 2 hours of my life although it felt like 2 days. :dead:

Danny
04-Jun-2007, 10:14 AM
if your on about the aussie fil with the curative rain i thought it was bitchin' especially since it was all done on adobe premiere.

AcesandEights
04-Jun-2007, 10:16 AM
Have yet to see this, though I think it was on the tv at some point (cable) while I was traveling and I wanted to take a look, but did not get a chance to sit down to check it out. From what little I did see though...well...it looked dreadful.

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2007, 10:30 AM
if your on about the aussie fil with the curative rain i thought it was bitchin' especially since it was all done on adobe premiere.
Top notch mate, glad you liked it.

I too thought it rocked, I was surprised a lot of people hated it. :(

But anyway, I loved it, saw it feckin' ages ago though, like 2003/4 or something...aye, acquired, haha...

Danny
04-Jun-2007, 10:38 AM
well variety IS the spice of life, or so the legend goes, i was impressed by the effects, especially after watching the making of, its not the best zombie comedy, those are shaun and brain dead o' course but its a close 3rd.
pluss aussies swearing are allways funny.

FACT.:lol:

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2007, 12:47 PM
Aussies swearing IS indeed VERY funny - FACT-AGE right there mate, high five.

I thought it was hilarious, and really well made with some gloriously campy touches. I also rather liked "Evil Aliens" as it was of a similar filmmaking vein, have you seen that one?

EvilNed
04-Jun-2007, 02:39 PM
well variety IS the spice of life

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1434/6213094/12097527/249590210.jpg

I thought Undead sucked. The annoying cop the first part of the film was just that: Very annoying. He was trying his best to play a funny, mental and near-breakdown comical relief. He failed miserably and I hated every scene he was in.

Some of the effects were good. But the film was dull and boring with a plot that turned out to be very silly. The only good part were the last 2 minutes.

DEAD BEAT
04-Jun-2007, 04:08 PM
I thought it was funny that the film had a lot of tributes to other movies like the Evil Dead and Independance Day but I felt all in all this movie wasted nearly 2 hours of my life! The only good part was the end!
Did anyone enjoy it?

For zombie genre fans bad zombie flick viewings are like asssholes everybody has one!
:D

MontagMOI
04-Jun-2007, 06:16 PM
EvilNed: Please tell me someone is making a DUNECAT Movie :p
That is a movie i want to see.

EvilNed
04-Jun-2007, 07:05 PM
I sure hope so. It'd make one helluva film.

CornishCorpse
04-Jun-2007, 07:58 PM
Havent seen undead but want to it looks like pretty good for what it is a bit of cheap zombie killing fun or at least thats what it looks upto be and Evil Aliens was a bit of dirty fun. Come on! Aliens, Girls,Guns,Gore ( not that in order of course ) how could I forget chainsaw?

The scene where they are driving the jeep while the girl is trying to shoot flying orbs out of the sky with the shotgun, oiy. Made me grinn for a while. Dont worry this isnt a vital part of the movie but if you ever get the chance to pick it up for a fiver or under go for it!

EvilNed
04-Jun-2007, 09:45 PM
Watching Evil Aliens as we speak. Turns out my friend had lended it to me, and when I saw people speak good of it in this thread I popped it in. So far, it seems very entertaining. Very post-modernistic and comical... Intentional cheese executed correctly.

I loved the part where the brothers were jacking off to that HOT HOT HOT chick and we got a close up fo their cum on the wall. So grosse! :D

acealive1
04-Jun-2007, 09:52 PM
i never saw undead and i damn sure am not gonna pay $20 to buy it.

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2007, 10:18 PM
I've gotta watch both these movies again, it's been ages since I saw them, but aye, I really dug the low budget Brit aesthetic of Evil Aliens (there's an interview with the director where he talks about making that film (as well as his debut, Razorblade Smile) in the Guerilla Filmmaker's Guidebook). :cool:

*woot, back to Evil Dead 2 on Sky Movies* :D

CornishCorpse
04-Jun-2007, 10:19 PM
Glad I could help you find some entertainment Ned, heh this board has saved me from wasting money on bad movies and games..I was thinking of picking up DOTD: Contagium but after reading some stuff on here I stayed away from the stinker.

EvilNed
04-Jun-2007, 11:16 PM
Same here. Never gonna watch that film.

But Evil Aliens was good! A solid film throughout. I liked the welsh farmers. They were kickass.

darth los
04-Jun-2007, 11:17 PM
Never seen it and by the way this thread is going it sounds as if I can live without it.:p

MissJacksonCA
05-Jun-2007, 12:17 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if the zombies came to life and in the years after zombies spread out over the world that and aliens landed and watched the GAR movies they'd look on them as 'historical records' like they did in Galaxy Quest?

capncnut
05-Jun-2007, 07:09 AM
Wasn't bad, it's entertaining enough I guess. I have seen much worse.