PDA

View Full Version : The Jaws of Life!

DEAD BEAT
04-Jun-2007, 04:04 PM
Someone help me here i know it was make believe but i always wondered and in recent of the dead series but it always amazed me how the dead can bite threw practically any kind of clothing!

I was goofing around and tried to bite threw my shirt and found it to be a very demanding task!:p

The one that sticks in my head is in Dawn when Stephen is attacked and the zombie bites his leg right threw those chords like tissue paper! bullshiiiit!:D

MaximusIncredulous
04-Jun-2007, 04:43 PM
I figure it's like running super zombies but Romero wisely put that energy to use in their mouths where, gore wise, it really counts.

Debbieangel
04-Jun-2007, 05:42 PM
In answer to your question I sew alot so, if you go to tear fabric in just the right way and the right strength it will tear.
I don't have alot of strength but if you have say like a bunch of hungry zombies tearing at ya..ooh ya that fabric is gone! Especially if it has been washed over and over again..the wear and tear on the fabric like clothes! ;)

MissJacksonCA
05-Jun-2007, 06:42 PM
Being a bartender in the backwoods of Canada I got bitten a few times by people I cut off and by one guy who hit his girlfriend. In all cases they bit through my shirt but while sometimes I had teeth imprints on my arm a few times they actually drew blood. I think in hindsight it all depends on whether they just bit down... or bit down and I yanked my arm thus dragging their teeth across my flesh over my shirt and eventually it drew blood.

Also *and i'd like to see more of this* if a zombie grabs your arm and dug their nails into your skin... blood will be drawn (again i've experienced this many many times its quite painful really I need a better job) and I think they'd then bite into those small wounds

Some fabric is inpenetrable... like canvas or jeans... but cotton, lycra, etc. are quite easily infiltrated...

this is of course all subjective to the teeth on the individuals involved as well i s'pose

darth los
07-Jun-2007, 01:37 AM
I was goofing around and tried to bite threw my shirt and found it to be a very demanding task!:p

That is "weird". One time, on a bet, my cousin bit through a sweater. It took him a good two hours to do so, mostly because he was scared he was going to lose a tooth. A zombie probably wouldn't care either way. So i've seen what it takes to bite through clothes. Anything like a t-shirt is easily bitten through though.

DEAD BEAT
07-Jun-2007, 05:04 AM
That is "weird". One time, on a bet, my cousin bit through a sweater. It took him a good two hours to do so, mostly because he was scared he was going to lose a tooth. A zombie probably wouldn't care either way. So i've seen what it takes to bite through clothes. Anything like a t-shirt is easily bitten through though.

Well id have to say before my little experiment i had only bit threw edible panties folks..oh yes id love to relive that moment again!

:D

darth los
07-Jun-2007, 06:07 AM
sounds good,although you'll definitely want to steer clear of the fish flavor.:eek:

dirtydwarf
07-Jun-2007, 06:32 PM
that is why I would wear leather or a nice carhart outfit :)

JohnoftheDead
07-Jun-2007, 07:10 PM
You'd think since a zed is dead & rotting, their teeth or gums would give out before most fabrics would, just a thought.

darth los
07-Jun-2007, 10:05 PM
that is why I would wear leather or a nice carhart outfit :)

:lol: :lol: Exactly. Carhart gear is made from the roughest material on earth( buddy lee's got nothing on them) and boy are they coarse. You could strike a match on one of their coats.

swellman
08-Jun-2007, 04:15 AM
I guess that if a zombie is hungry enough, it'll bit through anything.

darth los
08-Jun-2007, 03:01 PM
I don't know.:rolleyes: Have you ever seen a carhart? If you have it's a pretty good bet that you'd come out unscathed.

jim102016
08-Jun-2007, 03:43 PM
Being a bartender in the backwoods of Canada I got bitten a few times by people I cut off and by one guy who hit his girlfriend. In all cases they bit through my shirt but while sometimes I had teeth imprints on my arm a few times they actually drew blood. I think in hindsight it all depends on whether they just bit down... or bit down and I yanked my arm thus dragging their teeth across my flesh over my shirt and eventually it drew blood.

Also *and i'd like to see more of this* if a zombie grabs your arm and dug their nails into your skin... blood will be drawn (again i've experienced this many many times its quite painful really I need a better job) and I think they'd then bite into those small wounds

Some fabric is inpenetrable... like canvas or jeans... but cotton, lycra, etc. are quite easily infiltrated...

this is of course all subjective to the teeth on the individuals involved as well i s'pose

Wow, sounds like those backwood Canadians can't handle their booze! I'd say leather is a pretty safe bet, but it'd have to be comfortable to get around in. Especially if one found him/herself in the summer heat, which would be ten times worse in the south with the humidity. In some of those states a pair of musty nuts or a heat rash could be caught by wearing just a regular pair of pants.

twistbud
08-Jun-2007, 05:43 PM
In some of those states a pair of musty nuts or a heat rash could be caught by wearing just a regular pair of pants.

LOL, musty nuts.

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 03:52 AM
Wow, sounds like those backwood Canadians can't handle their booze! I'd say leather is a pretty safe bet, but it'd have to be comfortable to get around in. Especially if one found him/herself in the summer heat, which would be ten times worse in the south with the humidity. In some of those states a pair of musty nuts or a heat rash could be caught by wearing just a regular pair of pants.

The last dude i saw wearing laether was eddie muphy in raw. :lol:

DEAD BEAT
23-Jun-2007, 04:53 AM

Or in the red light district or a fag bar in west hollywood!

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 04:57 AM
Or in the red light district or a fag bar in west hollywood!

I'm glad you said it cause i didn't want to. :lol: Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

acealive1
23-Jun-2007, 05:40 AM

and now u know why they call it raw.......

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 06:04 AM
Yeah, come to think of it, didn't they bust eddie a few years back with a tranny hooker in his car?

acealive1
23-Jun-2007, 06:14 AM
Yeah, come to think of it, didn't they bust eddie a few years back with a tranny hooker in his car?

yes they did. they put out a hit on the tranny who was gonna spill the beans about it...........he did a swan dive out of a window after telling the cops he wasnt gonna testify

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 06:17 AM
yes they did. they put out a hit on the tranny who was gonna spill the beans about it...........he did a swan dive out of a window after telling the cops he wasnt gonna testify

It's funny how he's trying to clean up his image in recent years. He won't even talk about the 80's when he does interviews. He's definitely cleaned it up but he's boring now. I liked him when he was a raunchy MF. That's when he was at his best,

mista_mo
23-Jun-2007, 09:38 PM
musty nuts...

flyboy
24-Jun-2007, 06:46 PM
Someone help me here i know it was make believe but i always wondered and in recent of the dead series but it always amazed me how the dead can bite threw practically any kind of clothing!

The one that sticks in my head is in Dawn when Stephen is attacked and the zombie bites his leg right threw those chords like tissue paper! bullshiiiit!:D

the muscles at the sides of your mouth, are very,very strong indeed,so it is possible for clothing to be bitten through.well i belive so!;)

darth los
24-Jun-2007, 08:35 PM
So a hooker zombie must be able to bite through kevlar. :D