PDA

View Full Version : Alan Wake put back until 2008?

capncnut
05-Jun-2007, 07:38 AM
http://xbox360media.gamespy.com/xbox360/image/article/736/736556/alan-wake-20060929105520428.jpg

Just found out that the 360 wankfest that is Alan Wake has been put back until Q1-2 of 2008, the f**kin' f**kers! :mad:

Developer Remedy’s Xbox 360 & PC (Windows Vista only) exclusive game Alan Wake looked very impressive at both E3 2005 and X06, especially the Intel Developers forum demo looked great. Now, if reports from the US Official Xbox Magazine are accurate, then the psychological action thriller won’t be released in 2007 anymore.

According to the magazine, the game has been set for release in the US during 2008, although publisher Microsoft Game Studios is yet to confirm or deny the report. TVG saw the latest preview of the game back at September’s X06, where Remedy also refused to put any sort of release period on the title.

Danny
05-Jun-2007, 08:43 AM
drops to knees platoon style.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*gasps*-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-*gasps*-oooooooooooooooo....ooo....*cough!*....o.:(

MinionZombie
05-Jun-2007, 10:49 AM
*continues the Adagio-for-Strings-fest*

*blasted in the back but VC as choppers fly overhead...flops into the grass, a bloody heap*

I'd read about it being a 2008 release a while back, can't remember where...if it makes for a better game, then that's better in the end of the day. Also, perhaps they're trying to eye it up for the best slot in which to release it, like how GTA4 is getting put back about 2 or 3 weeks so there's a larger gap between it and Halo 3...it also puts GTA4 in their 2008 fiscal year...so it's all business sense on that particular front.

Danny
05-Jun-2007, 12:50 PM
true dat.

and theres so many great games coming out for the ps2,ds and 360 and the wii, when i buy one, that i dont mind not having to buy another 40 quids worth of plastic discage in one season.

MikePizzoff
05-Jun-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't mind this being pushed back as long as it completely blows my mind when I play it. Good things come to those who wait.

Danny
05-Jun-2007, 01:36 PM
it allready looks amazing, imagine if they re-finished the graphics using the crysis graphics engine...*drools* this game is for me what stalker was for mz.

MinionZombie
05-Jun-2007, 05:46 PM
Alan Wake will be the new STALKER for me in due course, but haha, aye...I'm flaming for STALKER, so much so that it hurts to sit down in it's presence! :lol::D

Alan Wake, dude, I've been dribbling various fluids over that since I first heard about it (I was sold when I found out straight away that it's from the Max Payne folks), then the pics and footage started rolling in - omfg, LUSH.

Aye, if it blows my socks, nuts and head off when I play it in 2008, it'll be totally worth it. Besides, 2007 is the year of "gee-tee-ayy" 4! :cool:

darth los
06-Jun-2007, 02:17 AM
I know these next gen games are really difficult to program for and expensive to make, but what's with almost every high profile game ( GTA4, RE5) either being pushed back several times or no info being available at all? :confused:

Danny
06-Jun-2007, 07:34 AM
shenumue 2 came out on tme and that cost 20 million, so it can be done i spose.

MinionZombie
06-Jun-2007, 09:29 AM
I duno, perhaps it's just part of creating further demand, as well as placing them at the most economically viable release date (e.g. with GTA4 being pushed back about 2-3 weeks to provide space away from Halo 3). It makes common business sense, it just means we have to wait, but it's understandable.

Sometimes, like with STALKER, it's a case of biting off far too much in one bite and then struggling to achieve something beyond your means, then it's two ways from there, fail completely, or take a long time putting and right and then releasing it - then another two ways, either the game succeeds (as STALKER did) or it gets ripped a new bum-bum. :lol:

capncnut
06-Jun-2007, 10:29 AM
The only thing that worries me with Alan Wake is that it looks too good. I know that sounds a bit strange but damn, there's gotta be a catch with this.

One amazing (but very simplistic) thing I heard is that whenever you get in the car and drive, Alan's thoughts talk over the scenario. For example, if you take a wrong turn when going to a particular location you might hear something like "Nah, I think I took a wrong turn somewhere." Sheer genius.

I duno, perhaps it's just part of creating further demand, as well as placing them at the most economically viable release date (e.g. with GTA4 being pushed back about 2-3 weeks to provide space away from Halo 3). It makes common business sense, it just means we have to wait, but it's understandable.
With both Halo 3 and Mass Effect hittin' in September, that might be the best strategy.

Danny
06-Jun-2007, 10:36 AM
heres another, the enemies are only hurt by light, and we all know lightings the most realistic thing in games nowadays, and to protect alan while you sleep you can set up traps, like a trip wire in a doorway to illuminate the hallway with a floodlight, sheer genius that 'l make anyone "game-queer" for it:lol:

MinionZombie
06-Jun-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm smoking hot, odd-taste-in-my-mouth, flaming for Alan Wake. :lol::D

It certainly is shaping up to be a ball-whetter alright. :cool:

zombiegirl
08-Jun-2007, 05:07 PM
08? :eek: Those insidious bastards. I want it please, thank you, now. :D

capncnut
10-Jun-2007, 02:17 AM
Yeah, and if they put back BioShock then I'm sending death threats. :mad:

MinionZombie
10-Jun-2007, 10:50 AM
As long as they're not pushing back as many times as they did with STALKER, nobody has squat to complain about. They wouldn't push back unless they really had to, I'd rather have a game that works than a game that's buggy as fook and feels rushed.

Alan Wake deserves quality and quality takes time.

Danny
10-Jun-2007, 02:28 PM
actually acording to the alan wake forum no one from rememdy has confirmed it and the guys who make it post there regularly. though the rumour is that its being held back to coincide with the release of fable 2, so theres two heavy hitters against sony for next easter.

MinionZombie
10-Jun-2007, 04:46 PM
Indeed, I guess that's another thing, positioning them to make the biggest bang against the rivals, which makes perfect business sense really, so that's understandable...plus it gives the makers some more time for final tweaks, checks and such like.