View Full Version : User rankings have been adjusted/lowered...

Neil
05-Jun-2007, 07:42 AM
Some of you have noticed you're a bit further along the way to 'Zombie Flesh Eater' now :)

They are now as follows...
0 - Fresh Meat
40 - Being Attacked
100 - Just been bitten
250 - Dying
500 - Dead
800 - Twitching
1200 - Rising
1700 - Walking Dead
2500 - Chasing Prey
3500 - Feeding
5000 - Zombie Flesh Eater

capncnut
05-Jun-2007, 07:49 AM
Hellz bwoy, check it out mofo. We be ZFE yo!

<high five> :cool:

Danny
05-Jun-2007, 08:39 AM
well lets see what mine is now.

-cool.

..well what else did you expect me to say? :lol:

capncnut
05-Jun-2007, 08:42 AM
Mmm... when do we get our super magical powers I wonder?

Danny
05-Jun-2007, 08:45 AM
you kiddin'?, ive been makeing chairs turn into swearing bullfrogs all mornin':lol:

Andy
05-Jun-2007, 11:26 AM
Congratulations to our first 2 ZFE members.

MikePizzoff
05-Jun-2007, 12:11 PM
Damn, that seems so far away for me (yet so much closer). I go through big periods of dry spells in which I'll make only a few posts per week.

_liam_
05-Jun-2007, 12:22 PM
same here, but that just means one day you'll notice it and be like "aha. pwnage"

EvilNed
05-Jun-2007, 01:44 PM
Oh. didn't even know we had titles.

_liam_
05-Jun-2007, 01:56 PM
Oh. didn't even know we had titles.

lol, you just keep setting up these communist joke own goals :lol:

EvilNed
05-Jun-2007, 02:18 PM
Wha- what?

_liam_
05-Jun-2007, 02:21 PM
"what is "title"? we no have our own..."titles" in soviet russia"

etc etc

EvilNed
05-Jun-2007, 02:27 PM
Hmm, yeah I should have said something like that. Missed oppertunity.

Danny
05-Jun-2007, 02:39 PM
or clever mindgame since he got liam to say it for him:sneaky:

_liam_
05-Jun-2007, 02:41 PM
that sneaky russian!

EvilNed
05-Jun-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm really a KGB agent. Don't tell, tho.

darth los
06-Jun-2007, 01:18 AM
claok and dagger at it's finest my freinds.:D

Terran
06-Jun-2007, 01:20 AM
I still wish it was based on replies rather than posts similiar to the old system....anyone can spam in the lounge and get a high post count....*sigh*....

Danny
06-Jun-2007, 07:46 AM
*grins and tugs nervously on collar*

Neil
06-Jun-2007, 08:05 AM
I still wish it was based on replies rather than posts similiar to the old system....anyone can spam in the lounge and get a high post count....*sigh*....

I concur! With Loom you could define the formua. ie: Posts x X + Replies x Y = rating points...

capncnut
06-Jun-2007, 12:49 PM
The way I see it, if the word games were true spam then nobody would reply. It's just harmless fun where people like to excercise their brains a bit. I have seen some truly funny responses in the lounge as well as some blossoming friendships and, if were honest now, that what makes a close web community in my eyes. 95% of the folks that post in the lounge (myself included) are generally replied to quite a lot in the other forums so I don't see the big deal personally.

As for all this 'replies' business, I said on another page here somewhere that I have seen some TRULY awful posts with subjects like people's household pets "Look at my kitty", the price of hamburgers going up in a fast food joint and gloomy political debates that serve no real purpose but have amassed horrific amounts of replies, whereas a thread by a genuine zombie fan asking for help with a movie title has just been neglected and ignored. Rep systems don't work for they are just as abusable as word games but are more shadier and dishonest.

As far as I'm concerned, the admins here could remove the post count system from the word games and have it as a junk forum. It would still be as popular and what then?

fartpants
06-Jun-2007, 03:04 PM
i love the word games and would still do them even if the didn't count towards my post count..

bassman
06-Jun-2007, 03:15 PM
Whoa.....uhhh....Andy and Neil: For some reason when I clicked "Post Reply", the forum changed my Forum style from my usual green to blue on it's own. Strange.....

Anyway, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's just a number. Wasn't this an issue on the old forums, as well?

darth los
06-Jun-2007, 05:24 PM
Rep systems don't work for they are just as abusable as word games but are more shadier and dishonest.

Noooo!!! Don't mention the rep system!!!! Anything but that!! :eek: This is Not the first time that's been brought up and it won't be the last. As long as there's significance atached to postcounts,ranks and numbers there will always be a segment of the forums that's unhappy with the system.

Cody
06-Jun-2007, 10:10 PM
hell yeah rising. watch out son.

so if your zfe you can change your title now cant you?

Danny
06-Jun-2007, 11:05 PM
yep but zfe is a pretty good one.

darth los
06-Jun-2007, 11:14 PM
But, just for fun, if you were to change it what would it be?

Kaos
06-Jun-2007, 11:16 PM
I concur! With Loom you could define the formua. ie: Posts x X + Replies x Y = rating points...
Bring back Loom then. You couldn't have bandwidth problems with few people that posted there.

darth los
06-Jun-2007, 11:22 PM
i'm fine with anything the mods decide to do. That being said, I think It's grossly unfair to the guys with the highest post counts, whether it was their goal to attain ZFE or whatever or not, to be penalized by whatever a new system might bring. They have been very good for the forums and would be terrible for their morale to keep contributing to the boards if that were to happen imo. (Contributions must be rewarded gentleman, without rewards, well, there's just no use for it... There's no use for it at all.)

Danny
07-Jun-2007, 12:28 AM
^*at the frankenstein refeence* noooooiyce!:thumbsup:

darth los
07-Jun-2007, 12:31 AM
Thnx hells. :D I often try to intergrate dead trilogy references in my responses, but oportunities are few and far between. This was perfect, I couldn't pass it up. Now I'm waitning for my chance to use the line: Fu**ing A, biggest piece of meat in the cave!! :elol:

EvilNed
07-Jun-2007, 12:33 AM
claok and dagger at it's finest my freinds.:D

Don't you mean "comrades"?

darth los
07-Jun-2007, 12:35 AM
My mistake Tovarich.:D