PDA

View Full Version : Wii outselling PS3 in Japan five-to-one

Terran
05-Jun-2007, 01:46 PM
I would just like to point out that the minute Nintendo unvieled its controller that I thought the new nintendo system was going to do really good.....so I like called it or whatever :D .....50 points for me!

Wii outselling PS3 in Japan five-to-one
The latest figures from the Land of the Rising Sun show Nintendo steaming ahead of Sony in console units shifted.
By Emma Boyes, GameSpot UK
Posted Jun 4, 2007 12:20 pm ET
April's figures showed the Wii was outselling the PlayStation 3 4-to-1 in Japan, and last month the gap widened even further, with the cheaper Nintendo console now 5-to-1 ahead, reports Bloomberg.

Bloomberg, quoting figures from Famitsu publisher Enterbrain Inc, revealed that 251,794 Wiis had been sold in Japan in May, five times as many units as the PS3. Microsoft's Xbox 360 lagged even further behind, with 11,082 units changing hands last month. Exact figures were not given for PS3 sales, but they are likely to be in the region of 50,000.

The story was much the same in the battle of the handhelds, with the Nintendo DS having sold 620,670 to the PlayStation Portable's 123,673 during May.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171932.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

Danny
05-Jun-2007, 01:52 PM
this really is the second golden age of nintendo, roll on nights, mario, zeld aand metroid. oh and all the new ones like phoenix wright, trauma center and cookin' mama:D
y'know i honestly thought that with the poor sales of the gamecube and tidal wave of ****ty 3rd party games i thought nintey was sunk but i cant wait for a wii, now there back in stock, love my ds and the games coming out keep getting better.

cept for all the ports, JESUS UBISOFT LET FARCRY DIE ALLREADY!

_liam_
05-Jun-2007, 02:05 PM
i think it will pass!

ninty have got a lovely little console once again, but as has been the story since the n64, they need the games to back it up, and i dont see that many on the horizon.

technology seems a bit ropey too, i was playing an FPS on the wii the other day and it was tres clunky

fair play to nintendo on having a life after pokemon though

Terran
05-Jun-2007, 02:55 PM
i think it will pass!

technology seems a bit ropey too, i was playing an FPS on the wii the other day and it was tres clunky

Yeah FPS on the Wii hasnt yet found a good control style or mechanism.....Im hoping that Metroid will show others how to pull off good FPS action on the Wii...

darth los
05-Jun-2007, 11:57 PM
This is another nail in the PS3's coffin. If sony can't even be competitive with the wii in Japan, they're in some deep sh*t.

Danny
06-Jun-2007, 07:38 AM
the ONLY hope they have is final fantasy 13 if that doesnt shift em in japan they should call it quits.

darth los
06-Jun-2007, 05:11 PM
That's If it remains a PS3 exclusive atleast for the first 6 months to a year. The way the costs are going up for developing these next gen games it's becoming a rarity for any console to have exclusive games. Microsoft has a leg up on sony because they have so much more money that they can pump into their gaming division. Sony can't afford to be in the red as deep as MS can. They can develop first party titles and keep them exclusively on their system (halo) You can bet the farm that halo 3 will never be on any other console but the 360.

Danny
06-Jun-2007, 10:54 PM
i agree ninteys slowly worming ff out from under sonys grip but say that to a sony fanboy and they'l go mental. yeah ,yeah metal gear 4...and?:lol:

darth los
06-Jun-2007, 11:44 PM
Yep, that seems to be the last thin thread the fanboys are holding on to. Good money that it doesn't stay exclusive for long though.

Rottedfreak
07-Jun-2007, 05:49 AM
The Wii is great but it still has a long way to go for games.

darth los
07-Jun-2007, 06:09 AM
without a doubt it's a great idea, but after a while it can come off as a bit gimmicky. They need to show some depth in their games.

capncnut
07-Jun-2007, 11:27 AM
The Wii forums are buzzing about Shenmue I and II coming out for the Wii, everywhere I go there seems to be a comment on it from someone or another. Obviously most of this is just hearsay but I find it interesting that so many forums are talking about the same thing. Here's the word from WiiChat (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-articles/24318-why-shenmue-perfect-fit-wii.html) and WiiPlus (http://www.wiiplus.net/article.php?articleId=32&page=1).

And here's a little joke video from YouTube.

L5vfYFnUmPo

If some of these wild rumours are based on even the slightest shred of truth, the Wii would be the PERFECT platform for the series. Not directly related to the topic at hand I know but it would be an additional selling point for the console.

And plus, you guys know I'd take it in the ass for Shenmue. :D

darth los
07-Jun-2007, 12:45 PM
L5vfYFnUmPo

And plus, you guys know I'd take it in the ass for Shenmue. :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm going to leave the room , come back and this comment is going to be gone.