PDA

View Full Version : Gigs Gigs Gigs

_liam_
05-Jun-2007, 02:30 PM
anyone going to any upcoming gigs/shows/festivals?

im very jealous atm of everyone in america because this year you could see heaven & hell (black sabbath) with DOWN (:eek: ) and bloody MEGADETH supporting.

also you have the marilyn manson/slayer co headline tour later on, which promises to be one of the most bizarre crowds ever.

however, in but 2 days i am off to the mighty (despite what anyone says) DONINGTON FESTIVAL, where i shall see;

megadeth
slayer
iron maiden
chimaira
napalm death
orange goblin
suicidal tendencies
machinehead
mastodon
turbonegro
motley crue
necro
marilyn manson
wolfmother
Velvet Revolver
hellyeah
turisas
KSE
lamb of god
hayseed dixie
job for a cowboy
my dying bride
dreamtheatre
dimmu borgir
paradise lost
& devil driver, amongst others...oh yes...time for beer beer beer pear cider beer dog burgers beer meeting old mates and of course M E T A L :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

CornishCorpse
05-Jun-2007, 02:44 PM
You lucky b*stardo Liam! That lineup looks looks tasty as hell..I aimed to go to download but funds ran dry so Im going to >.< Make a sunshine festival instead, Its cheap, its close, its live music and it lasts five days. At least theres no sh*tty drum and base involved on the bright side

: Awaits Backlash :

capncnut
05-Jun-2007, 03:39 PM
I would certainly like to make it to The Smashing Pumpkins at Shepherds Bush Empire, might wait for a proper tour though.

_liam_
05-Jun-2007, 04:09 PM
im tempted to see NIN and SP at reading and pretend its still the 90s

bassman
05-Jun-2007, 04:38 PM
I wasn't all that impressed with Smashing Pumpkins' new stuff. Anyone else agree?

But on the concert thing....I just saw Tool here in Atlanta last night. Greatness.:thumbsup:

capncnut
05-Jun-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah Bass, I've seen those guys a few times and the 10,000 Days tour has been the best so far. Golly, Rosetta Stoned f**king rocks the show! Last time I saw 'em I was lucky enough to hear Jimmy and Pushit, awesomeness! :cool:

I wasn't all that impressed with Smashing Pumpkins' new stuff. Anyone else agree?
Hell no, the new single Tarantula is f**kin' amazing and the Zeitgeist is sounding like their heaviest album to date! Got no complaints with new members Jeff Shroeder or Ginger Reyes either man, it's all good.

DVW5150
07-Jun-2007, 06:41 PM
I really dig John Patrucci, that whole band is amazing.
Sometimes though, their singer is too verbose .

coma
07-Jun-2007, 10:21 PM
Suicidial?!?! You lucky bastid.
Thats a hell of a lineup. Necro is a caucasian rapper dude from Around the way I met a few times. He often plays with Death Metal bands and Thrash etc. Fits right in perfectly, belive it or not.

Theres some superclassic stuff in there. Im so jealous I could cry.
SLAYER?!?!?!

NO!!!!!!

Thet never have shows like that here.
Happy for you Liam, sorry for me.
boo hoo.

I dont like Dream Theartres records, but I saw them live many years ago when I bartended at a rock club and they were GREAT.