PDA

View Full Version : Bloody dead PC,6 months & $700 later...

DVW5150
07-Jun-2007, 01:07 AM
First, back in Dec '06 my motherboard died ,the repair shop wanted $589 to get it back.I needed to have xp re-installed because it was gift , I didnt have the key code.Then after 6 months of paying in installments, I get it back, windows xp needs to be re-booted,no room on partitioned hard drives, so I go to Comp USA...I am looking at $700 paper weight .
F^CK!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Now, it will start at the store, but it wont in this house.When I turn it on, the screen says 'check pc '. I think it could be a bad power supply.If so, its fried another motherboard.:mad:
I am so mad about this frustrating sh!t, I end up pissing & moaning like an impotent jerk. I have to use my wifes dell 2400.Its a good machine , but no HL2.I tried to run it, but it ran out of virtual memory.
So the point of wanting this alienware back is I never backed up my files, videos I have edited, music & whole lot more would be lost.

Anybody else had computer hell? If so please do tell .

Send your enemies to High Tech Exchange in Rockville MD. :mad:
Tell me a story about computer hell you have experienced...:mad:

capncnut
07-Jun-2007, 10:37 AM
I bought a second hand PC from a 'friend' who assured me it was in tip top working order. It was (for a month) until it started screwing up and every 2 weeks the whole system had to be deleted and rebuilt again. Needless to say after a month or two of this it started to get too frustrating so I ditched it for a new one.

But computer hell? Not really. One of my best friends in the whole world (not the one who sold me the dodgy computer btw) is top bod at a local PC repair shop and has been working with computer systems since 1979. So fortunately enough for me if there's anything wrong with my rig in the future, it's repair is only a phone call and a favour away. :sneaky:

Dawg
07-Jun-2007, 11:21 AM
First, back in Dec '06 my motherboard died ,the repair shop wanted $589 to get it back.I needed to have xp re-installed because it was gift , I didnt have the key code.Then after 6 months of paying in installments, I get it back, windows xp needs to be re-booted,no room on partitioned hard drives, so I go to Comp USA...I am looking at $700 paper weight .
F^CK!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Now, it will start at the store, but it wont in this house.When I turn it on, the screen says 'check pc '. I think it could be a bad power supply.If so, its fried another motherboard.:mad:
I am so mad about this frustrating sh!t, I end up pissing & moaning like an impotent jerk. I have to use my wifes dell 2400.Its a good machine , but no HL2.I tried to run it, but it ran out of virtual memory.
So the point of wanting this alienware back is I never backed up my files, videos I have edited, music & whole lot more would be lost.

Anybody else had computer hell? If so please do tell .

Send your enemies to High Tech Exchange in Rockville MD. :mad:
Tell me a story about computer hell you have experienced...:mad:

You should be able to recover your stuff from the hard drive by putting it into another system. As long as you didn't reformat it, you will be fine.

Just don't reinstall anything on it and get a new system. Consult an expert upon doing that though.

:dead: Dawg

DVW5150
07-Jun-2007, 02:43 PM
You should be able to recover your stuff from the hard drive by putting it into another system. As long as you didn't reformat it, you will be fine.

Just don't reinstall anything on it and get a new system. Consult an expert upon doing that though.

:dead: Dawg

Cool Dawg, the wildest thing is I took it back to Comp usa & it started up right, with my monitor.Then when I get it back to my house , it wont start.Friggin' weird...

Yeah Capt, I have a buddy that worked at IBM in the late 60s, who is now A + cert. he says it may be the power supply...F^CK!!!:mad:

Danny
07-Jun-2007, 03:49 PM
a freind of mines giving me a vista set up ex college pc for 20 quid, if you need a basic pc go to your local college when there upgradeing they usually give the old ones away for free.