PDA

View Full Version : the 'nurse' on dawn of the dead...

flyboy
09-Jun-2007, 10:52 AM
has anyone spotted that 'nurse' on dawn of the dead? she's well over acting, spinning her head from side to side!!:eek:

Philly_SWAT
09-Jun-2007, 01:46 PM
has anyone spotted that 'nurse' on dawn of the dead? she's well over acting, spinning her head from side to side!!:eek:
What? There is a nurse in Dawn of the Dead? I think we all missed her.....:D

Although, I do have a picture of me and someone who looks suspiciously like her...

http://home.cfl.rr.com/dawnofthedead/comicon/Me%20and%20Sharon%20and%20Clayton%20small.jpg

Trancelikestate
09-Jun-2007, 04:44 PM
What? There is a nurse in Dawn of the Dead? I think we all missed her.....:D

Although, I do have a picture of me and someone who looks suspiciously like her...

http://home.cfl.rr.com/dawnofthedead/comicon/Me%20and%20Sharon%20and%20Clayton%20small.jpg

those 2 are sooo nice in real life man. i suppose i should add mine too. :p but yeah she overacts it a little maybe. as a matter of fact, when you look at the dawn section of the main site, theres a little section specificly for her. :thumbsup:
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8114/nursezombieyv1.jpg

DeadJonas190
09-Jun-2007, 05:08 PM
She is a cool lady in rea life. I suppose there was a bit of overacting, but her and Clayton are awesome people. I talked to them both for a bit at the 25th anniversary con and have nothing but good things to say.

Very nice people. Very cool to the fans.

swellman
10-Jun-2007, 02:34 AM
I didn't even notice her until I saw her pointed out in the films section of this site. But yeah, she was really overacting. She wasn't the only one though...

capncnut
10-Jun-2007, 04:41 AM
The part at the end where Peter contemplates suicide... Sharon's over acting is sheer awesome in that bit, never fails to make me smile. :D

Neil
10-Jun-2007, 05:40 AM

She has her own little page in the Dawn section...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/dawn/

axlish
10-Jun-2007, 10:28 AM
I gotta be honest, I never found her performance any more rediculous than anyone elses. I think she is more noticable because of her outfit (ie. her lack of brown or orange flanel)

MaximusIncredulous
10-Jun-2007, 10:39 AM
I was always fine with the nurse zombie. She fit the film perfectly.

capncnut
10-Jun-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, completely agree. She's like a part of Dawn's background now and I couldn't imagine the film without her actually. I could point out much worse zombie acting in Romero's movies...

darth los
10-Jun-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah, completely agree. She's like a part of Dawn's background now and I couldn't imagine the film without her actually. I could point out much worse zombie acting in Romero's movies...

you couldn't be talking about a certain african american goul from land now could you... ? :confused:

MikePizzoff
11-Jun-2007, 12:06 AM

n00b!!!

:D ;)

darth los
11-Jun-2007, 12:55 AM
n00b!!!

:D ;)

I think we need to display the search tab more prominently. :p

capncnut
11-Jun-2007, 10:20 AM
you couldn't be talking about a certain african american goul from land now could you... ? :confused:
http://creature-corner.com/nextraimages/lotd_05.jpg
"RARRRGGGHHH!!!!"

:D

darth los
11-Jun-2007, 01:39 PM
Cap, how could you !?!:eek: lol Seriously, His performance was god awful. So much so I can never forget it. It's seared into my memory.:barf:

DEAD BEAT
11-Jun-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah the main zombie from Land is like those bad one night stands you'd like to forget about!:D

darth los
11-Jun-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah the main zombie from Land is like those bad one night stands you'd like to forget about!:D

Unfortunately, I don't have the excuse of being in a drug induced haze when I voluntarily watched land. :(

Trancelikestate
11-Jun-2007, 09:42 PM
Cap, how could you !?!:eek: lol Seriously, His performance was god awful. So much so I can never forget it. It's seared into my memory.:barf:

yeah, i second that. it was a pi$$ poor performance. i think my 8 year old sister could do better.

darth los
11-Jun-2007, 10:21 PM
It's something more than his performance though. The nurse zombie and others gave a pretty bad/over the top performance herself yet we all love her. It goes so much deeper. He was just annoying , period.

Cody
12-Jun-2007, 01:32 AM
id tap it.

MissJacksonCA
12-Jun-2007, 01:38 AM
She's one of the most infamous zombies from Dawn ever! I nominate her for a cheese award for being so bad! And yet... so memorable...

darth los
12-Jun-2007, 01:46 AM
I can't remember in which cut it was but on one of the commentaries Gar actually says that he told the zombie actors to be over the top and to have fun with it. He's the director, if he didn't want them acting the way they did he could have corrected it.