PDA

View Full Version : Church gets their panties in a bunch (again)...

MinionZombie
09-Jun-2007, 04:32 PM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070609/tuk-church-attacks-sony-over-video-game-6323e80.html

How pathetic, quite frankly, yet more twittering twits who don't bother to investigate a game before they whinge.

It's set in an alternate WW2 where the enemy are aliens! :rolleyes: Yeah, proper realistic...and it takes place across a whole city, not one feckin' cathedral! :rolleyes:

What a load of losers...and the description in this particular article is insanely tabloidal, I even saw a very quick snippet as I was flicking channels of this issue being reported on TV...the world never runs out of numpties, eh?

Danny
09-Jun-2007, 05:01 PM
"For a global manufacturer to re-create one of our great Cathedrals with photo-realistic quality and then encourage people to have guns battles in the building is beyond belief and highly irresponsible."

yeah ,cus we all know that since the 30's weve been in a war against the dreaded chimera, so lets go and shoot some in a church, cus they really exist kids!:rolleyes:

coma
09-Jun-2007, 07:23 PM
the world never runs out of numpties, eh?
I want to ignore them, but they wont allows us to, popping up their stupid heads like in Whack a Mole.

What we would be allowed to do if they took over
Read Scripture
Go to Church
Have sex 1 time very 9 months to procrate and we couldnt even enjoy it
Watch Highway to Heaven, though they forget it was made by A jewish Guy.
Creflo Dollar would be an acceptable substitute.:eek:

Terran
09-Jun-2007, 09:49 PM
I want to ignore them, but they wont allows us to, popping up their stupid heads like in Whack a Mole.

What we would be allowed to do if they took over
Read Scripture
Go to Church
Have sex 1 time very 9 months to procrate and we couldnt even enjoy it
Watch Highway to Heaven, though they forget it was made by A jewish Guy.
Creflo Dollar would be an acceptable substitute.:eek:

And we could watch Touched by an Angel!

MinionZombie
09-Jun-2007, 11:02 PM
Apparently Sony offered to have a sit down with the church folk and explain how the game was made, why it was made, the thought process behind it and so on, but typically enough the church just so "f*ck you" and want the game off the shelves...well it certainly will fly off the shelves, into the hands of consumers as the church have just given the game the best advertisement in the UK it could ever get! Idiots. :rolleyes:

Craig
11-Jun-2007, 04:45 PM
Controversy sells, and this wasn't even intentionally controversial :lol: . I'd love to play this game actually, just don't know any one with a PS3...

darth los
11-Jun-2007, 06:19 PM
* waiting for Jack thompson to interject* :bored:

EvilNed
11-Jun-2007, 11:28 PM
This is good news. The lawsuit will never pass and the game gets free publicity.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 01:19 AM
This is good news. The lawsuit will never pass and the game gets free publicity.

It's already worked in terms of peaking my interest. Up until these threads, i never heard of the game. Now it's a must buy. I have to see what all the fuss is about. for the people who wanted to see this game banned, it looks as if it has backfired.

MinionZombie
22-Jun-2007, 11:04 AM
Last I heard R:FOM is now the top PS3 title again, and re-entered the over all Top 40 selling games, all due to the church fuss ... lol, when will these numpties learn? But they won't, cos they're morons, so the game companies will be secretly throwing a party whenever a fuss kicks up.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 11:41 AM
Last I heard R:FOM is now the top PS3 title again, and re-entered the over all Top 40 selling games, all due to the church fuss ... lol, when will these numpties learn? But they won't, cos they're morons, so the game companies will be secretly throwing a party whenever a fuss kicks up.

The church should choose it's battles more carefully. They really lose credibility when they get all up in arms about this stuff. They have an old world mentality. They're trying to make themselves relavat and they use stuff like this as a platform.

MinionZombie
22-Jun-2007, 02:23 PM
And they're failing miserably, they're out-of-date, and soap box grand standing simply doesn't work in this day and age, it barely did back in the day. Freedom of speech and expression is paramount, and the church doesn't really understand what that means.

Freedom of speech means you're not always going to like what you hear/see ... but some people will, and certainly appreciate it (and vice versa).

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 04:38 PM
And they're failing miserably, they're out-of-date, and soap box grand standing simply doesn't work in this day and age, it barely did back in the day. Freedom of speech and expression is paramount, and the church doesn't really understand what that means.

Freedom of speech means you're not always going to like what you hear/see ... but some people will, and certainly appreciate it (and vice versa).

Historily speaking the church has never had high regard for free speech or the truth. This is the same group of people that burned people at the stake for saying anything that went against church doctrine. They made gallilleo,under torture, retract all the staements he made and published pertaining to his theories about astronomy and our place in the universe. The church has always enjoyed it's authority and power. The pope used to have his own army for pete's sake!! They can't stand that people just aren't listening to them anymore.