PDA

View Full Version : Licensing...

xopher
11-Jun-2007, 04:38 AM
Does anyone know where I can go to get a license to show one the earlier Dead films: Night, Dawn, or Day? Swank motion Picture licensing only has the new ones: Night '90, Dawn '04, and Land.

MikePizzoff
11-Jun-2007, 05:42 AM
Write to Anchor Bay. They should be able to point you in the right direction if nobody else here can.

panic
11-Jun-2007, 09:36 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the original Night is in the public domain. I'm no lawyer, but I believe this means you're free to do with it as you wish... True?

/p

Does anyone know where I can go to get a license to show one the earlier Dead films: Night, Dawn, or Day? Swank motion Picture licensing only has the new ones: Night '90, Dawn '04, and Land.

Cody
12-Jun-2007, 01:34 AM
try anchorbay first.

darth los
12-Jun-2007, 01:57 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the original Night is in the public domain. I'm no lawyer, but I believe this means you're free to do with it as you wish... True?

/p

i believe you're right about if a film is in the public domain you're free to do what you want with it. However, i'm not sure if night still falls into that catagory because it was inducted into the national film registry.

xopher
12-Jun-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys :-) I hadn't thought about Anchor Bay! They would know who at least since THEY had to get some kind of license to realease it on DVD. It was just wierd, Swank said, "It looks like it was put out by United Film Distributors, so you should try them." and I said, "They don't exist any more." So the girl on the phone said, "I guess you'll have to try to call or get ahold of the films creator." I like, yeah, right. Have you guys seen www.georgearomero.com (http://www.georgearomero.com) recently? It's basically been turned into another platform for CamOp. And the links all seem to either do nothing or lead to the exact same page. I miss George :(

darth los
12-Jun-2007, 01:45 PM
Gar shouldn't be too hard to find dude. Just go to wherever he gets those glasses from. I imagine there's not a high demand for them and they're pretty rare. :D