View Full Version : Roller Coaster power-outage leaves riders upside down

MikePizzoff
11-Jun-2007, 05:49 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/10/coaster.scare.ap/index.html

30 minutes upside down 150 feet above ground?!?! I love roller coasters and all but that would make me vomit with fear.

darth los
11-Jun-2007, 05:56 AM
I definitely would have hurled . :barf: Atleast it wasn't a final destination 3 scenario. :dead:

Cody
12-Jun-2007, 01:43 AM
yeah id probably piddle a little

MissJacksonCA
12-Jun-2007, 01:45 AM
I remember being a kid and having to go on some ride with my brother at a small town carnival where the thing sat upside down at the top for a minute and I just cried so damn bad and hurled when I got off. I vowed never to go on a coaster again... then on an impulse in high school dragged my friend to Cedar Point and we totally owned that place I love the Mantis. But yeah i'd freaking flip if I was upside down that long. It'd give me a mega migraine and i'd have to beat the hell outta whoever I was sitting with just to work out my frustrations. What i'm shocked and yet pleased by is that the riders safety bars all worked.

acealive1
12-Jun-2007, 02:37 AM
I remember being a kid and having to go on some ride with my brother at a small town carnival where the thing sat upside down at the top for a minute and I just cried so damn bad and hurled when I got off. I vowed never to go on a coaster again... then on an impulse in high school dragged my friend to Cedar Point and we totally owned that place I love the Mantis. But yeah i'd freaking flip if I was upside down that long. It'd give me a mega migraine and i'd have to beat the hell outta whoever I was sitting with just to work out my frustrations. What i'm shocked and yet pleased by is that the riders safety bars all worked.

cedar point SUCKS now. they made ALL the seats smaller on lap and shoulder restraint rides. so in one summer i though i had become a fat ass but was VERY wrong.

MissJacksonCA
12-Jun-2007, 02:43 AM
I didn't notice that but its been about 4 years since i've been there... now i'm forced into six flags and the like =( I love CP the location is great its so peaceful being right on the water

acealive1
12-Jun-2007, 03:13 AM
I didn't notice that but its been about 4 years since i've been there... now i'm forced into six flags and the like =( I love CP the location is great its so peaceful being right on the water

its high as hell to get in. lines are long. they dont keep it up like they should. for $45, i better be able ot get on the right if i grow to be 7'7'' and 500 pounds

MissJacksonCA
12-Jun-2007, 03:19 AM
I grew up going to Disneyland and having to listen to my dad gripe and groan about 5 hour waits for the matterhorn so i'm quite used to long waits for lines. It is obscenely expensive to go there but where else am I supposed to buy that frozen chopped ice lemonade stuff? And the alcoholic beverages in the huge funnel cups? And a burger for ten dollars lol... of course the price for the burger prolly isn't THAT much but it is expensive...

a small price to pay to visit the heaven that is Ohio though... I do love it there...

MikePizzoff
12-Jun-2007, 05:05 AM
I used to go to Six Flags every single summer (season pass) with friends. Cedar Point seemed like an awesome place to go until we got Kingda Ka, the highest (456 feet) and fastest ride (0 - 128 MPH in 3 seconds). 128 mph is 206 kmph, for you blokes.

Let me tell you, I don't think I ever lost my voice in such a short period of time as I did the first time I went on that. Remember what the stars Star Wars looks like when they go into light speed? Well... yeah.

Cody
12-Jun-2007, 07:15 PM
I go to Bush Gardens of Tamp Florida every like month awesome rollercoasters. seasonal pass helps alot.