PDA

View Full Version : return of the living dead part 1 and 2...

flyboy
13-Jun-2007, 02:51 PM
is the most stupid zombie movie i have ever seen! the bit where the doc chops the zombies arm off and its arm falls in to the road and sticks its middle finger up! omg! cods wallop!:dead:

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 03:24 PM
2 is a bit cheesy. But 1 is a totally different film. It actually looks dead serious when compared to the second. I actually love the original. What are your reasons for not liking it?:confused:

DEAD BEAT
13-Jun-2007, 04:11 PM
is the most stupid zombie movie i have ever seen! the bit where the doc chops the zombies arm off and its arm falls in to the road and sticks its middle finger up! omg! cods wallop!:dead:

I agree with darth on his comment 1 is the best,but if you think 2 sucks try watching if you can take it 3-5!
:barf:

"can you say big o' floppy donky diick":D

capncnut
13-Jun-2007, 05:15 PM
Kinda like ROTLD, had some great moments. Excellent punk movie! :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
13-Jun-2007, 06:11 PM
1 & 2 are the best of the series. 3 is ok in its own right, but really doesn't have anything to really do with 1 & 2. 4-5 are just horrible and don't really follow each other let alone the first 2 films.

axlish
13-Jun-2007, 06:12 PM
I am of a rare breed. I love the entire series, 1-5. Part one trumps all of them by a long shot, but I've come to love the rest of the series, warts and all.

Part 1 - Amazing film.

Part 2 - Hated it at first, expecting something more in the vein of part one, but I have come to love it over the years.

Part 3 - I thought the original cut was decent, nothing special. Years later I discovered the unrated cut and got a big kick out of it. My favorite part(s) are the scenes that involve "The River Man". I can't figure out why, but I love the character!

Parts 4&5 - Most folks like to separate these two, saying one was ok while the other sucked. I enjoyed both films immensely, for what they were. Horror movies that didn't take themselves seriously, and turned the fun up to 11.

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 08:11 PM
I love the entire series, 1-5.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

1 & 2 are the best of the series. 3 is ok in its own right, but really doesn't have anything to really do with 1 & 2. 4-5 are just horrible and don't really follow each other let alone the first 2 films.

Uh-oh DJ, watch your step. You might get a whole thing started about ROTLD timelines and if they exist in the same universe. PART 3 happens before Part 1 just like day comes before land, everyone knows that. :p

bassman
13-Jun-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't like the ROTLD films, either. After seeing the first three.....I can't begin to imagine how horrible the rest of them must be.:eek:

And to think that it seemed as though it couldn't get any worse....

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 09:23 PM
And to think that it seemed as though it couldn't get any worse....

Children of the dead, Day of the dead 2, NOTLD 3oth anniversary edition..... :eek:

DEAD BEAT
13-Jun-2007, 10:05 PM
Children of the dead, Day of the dead 2, NOTLD 3oth anniversary edition..... :eek:

How about the wipe your asss of all zombie flicks:

"RAIDERS OF THE LIVING DEAD"
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Danny
13-Jun-2007, 10:38 PM
Kinda like ROTLD, had some great moments. Excellent punk movie! :cool:

same here you aint supposed to take it seriously man, its like transformers the movie or back to the future, simple 80's cheese and nostalgia:D

MissJacksonCA
13-Jun-2007, 10:52 PM
perish the thought that rotld isn't fabulous! Its well written, well directed, great makeup, wonderful actors both seasoned and new actors, and its totally cheesetastic!

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 11:46 PM
Wasn't that what the 80's was all about, cheese and big hair?

bassman
14-Jun-2007, 12:15 PM

I was talking about the films in the ROTLD series. Although I seriously doubt that the ones you mentioned are any worse than ROTLD.

Mr.X
14-Jun-2007, 05:35 PM

Don't forget - Zombie Lake, Dead Alive, and Land of The Dead. :dead:

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 06:44 PM
Don't forget - and Land of The Dead. :dead:

Dude, you and I are gonna get along just fine!! :D

MontagMOI
14-Jun-2007, 07:19 PM

I remember seeing that turd although the most embarassing zombie 'film' i have ever seen is Return Of The Living Dead 2. Legend has it that after a screening of ROTLD2 the term 'sucks balls' was first coined.
Still, I rewatched ROTLD1 the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it - although apart from the Tarman, the effects are lame- why is the big bald punk guy have a head made from porridge?. :D

Don't forget - Zombie Lake, Dead Alive, and Land of The Dead. :dead:

Who let that Snyder idiot back in again? :D

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 08:16 PM
It is what it is, a punk zombie movie. That being said i think it held it's own very well and still holds up today. Let's see how many of today's films will be talked about like this 22 years from now.

Danny
14-Jun-2007, 11:18 PM
21 years and im still bitchin' abotu how great transformers the movie was (just finished watching it:D ) , s'true 80's movies were way better for standing the test of time than modern ones granted theres the lord of the rings but whos gonna be watching spiderman or pirates of the caribbean in 20 yaers?

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 01:54 PM
They certainly aren't zombie movies for everyone, if memory serves Bassman really hated the first flick...personally I really dig the first two, 3 is alright, it has some good moments.

Now, ROTLD 4 and 5 - those are big, whopping, stinking, vomitous piles of poo, they really are atrocious, the worst scripts I've ever seen committed to screen, they really are - worse than the script to Yawn04, and most folk know how much I thought the script for Yawn04 sucked the fat one.

ROTLD 4 and 5 defines cinematic retardation...heck, Children of the Living Dead is a masterpiece by comparison! :eek: At least COTLD is the sort of sh*t you can laugh at, but ROTLD 4 and 5 are just utterly crap...at least there were the odd few moments of decent enough gore, particularly in #5.

bassman
15-Jun-2007, 01:59 PM
They certainly aren't zombie movies for everyone, if memory serves Bassman really hated the first flick...personally I really dig the first two, 3 is alright, it has some good moments.

Yeah, it's just not my cup of tea. I've read people saying that it has awesome dialogue, good direction, great script and all this......but I totally disagree. To me, it's about as cheap and thoughtless as "Manos: The Hands of Fate".

I understand the whole eighties vibe that comes along with it, but I can show you plenty of other eighties films that have the same vibe and aren't cheesy filmmaking.

Mike70
15-Jun-2007, 02:08 PM
ROTLD 1 & 2 are masterpieces next to such cinematic zombie gems as: the video dead and house of the dead.

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 02:33 PM
ROTLD is definitely full of cheese, and aye, the dialogue is pretty bad, but it's part of the silly vibe of the film. You've really got to be in the mood for it I think, I haven't watched it in a good long while now, but I still dig it. It's not a proper-proper zombie film, it's that popular version of zombies, like you'd see on The Simpson's or whatever...

Still, I found them to be really fun flicks - well, the first two anyway...and bits of the third...but that's where the fun stopped.

darth los
15-Jun-2007, 06:10 PM
"Manos: The Hands of Fate".

One of the best MST 3000 episodes LIKE EVER !!! :D

jdog
17-Jun-2007, 03:55 PM
part 1 and 2 i love. watched them a **** load when i was a kid. 3,4,5 not bad 5 is the worst of the bunch imo, but as far as some zombie movies go these are masterpieces.

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 04:18 PM
part 1 and 2 i love. watched them a **** load when i was a kid. 3,4,5 not bad 5 is the worst of the bunch imo, but as far as some zombie movies go these are masterpieces.

Sadly, that's true. The zombie movie genre doesn't get the reverence it deseves. Too many film makers do them tounge in cheek. :p

jdog
17-Jun-2007, 04:41 PM
so true. what ever happened to a serius zombie movie? alot of the crap thats out there is made with no passion for the gere, only to cash in on the marketable image of the zombie. at the rate things are going the market with soon be over saturated with crappy zombie movies forcing us consumers to stop wasting our money on them. i dont think this is fair to the fans or the film-makers who want to make good zombie movies for the fans and not for the money.

MikePizzoff
17-Jun-2007, 04:50 PM
Personally, I love ROTLD 1 & 2. I think they're a fun/goofy/parody take on the horror genre as a whole. People that try to take them seriously, and then say they sucked, just don't seem to get that they're supposed to be "WTF?" inducing.

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 02:44 AM
so true. what ever happened to a serius zombie movie? alot of the crap thats out there is made with no passion for the gere, only to cash in on the marketable image of the zombie. at the rate things are going the market with soon be over saturated with crappy zombie movies forcing us consumers to stop wasting our money on them. i dont think this is fair to the fans or the film-makers who want to make good zombie movies for the fans and not for the money.

Damn i just posted virtually the exact same thing in another forum. :lol: I guess it's not just me. I also said that there are too many noobs that take on these projects. How about an established name to bring some credibility and vision to the project.

sgrosse
23-Jun-2007, 03:16 AM
Okay, Im going to have to ask you all to step back, because this rant is going to blow. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, ROTLD2. I hate it. I cant say it enough times. I thougt I was the dumbest thing that i had ever seen. Could not stand it. It was an insult to me, and my underpants. Watching movies like that, makes me yearn for Government Censorship. Just to spare my fragile little mind from that horrible injustice, I thought of hiring a hypnotist to take advantage of me (sexually)while under hypnosis, just to get the nasty taste of watching that pile of garbage out of my mouth. Thats right, you heard me, being raped in the mouth is a better prospect than having to sit through that again!!

But I did love the first one. Jolly good stuf, that was. Scared me senceless.

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 03:19 AM
Okay, Im going to have to ask you all to step back, because this rant is going to blow. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, ROTLD2. I hate it. I cant say it enough times. I thougt I was the dumbest thing that i had ever seen. Could not stand it. It was an insult to me, and my underpants. Watching movies like that, makes me yearn for Government Censorship. Just to spare my fragile little mind from that horrible injustice, I thought of hiring a hypnotist to take advantage of me (sexually)while under hypnosis, just to get the nasty taste of watching that pile of garbage out of my mouth. Thats right, you heard me, being raped in the mouth is a better prospect than having to sit through that again!!

But I did love the first one. Jolly good stuf, that was. Scared me senceless.

Okay then. :rockbrow: Tell us how you really feel. :lol: :lol:

It's cool. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so i'm not going to knock you for it. I was also disapointed in it because of the comedic approach it took.

sgrosse
23-Jun-2007, 03:25 AM
Hey, I did warn yall.:)
No, the real reason I did not like that movie is because of the effect that the first one had on me. I saw it when I was very young, and it scared me alot. Had nightmares. My apartment complex at the time was near a grave yard, so every time it rained my dad would make a joke that the zombies were coming(my dad was a right B@stard). Then I saw the next one. Im not sure, but did that movie even come out in the theaters, or was it direct to DVD.

And here is a big problem I had with almost all of them. This Trioxin or what ever the name of the gas that reanimates dead things, all dead things, was never protected. They would always just throw it on the back of these trucks, exposed to the elements, usually with some drunk guy driving. Then he would hit acurve to hard, or swurve or some stupid thing, and a couple of canisters would just go tumbling over the side. This is the most dangerous chemical agent the world has ever known, and yet, they treat it like they were just hauling fertilizer. Groan:confused:

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 03:34 AM
Hey, I did warn yall.:)
No, the real reason I did not like that movie is because of the effect that the first one had on me. I saw it when I was very young, and it scared me alot. Had nightmares. My apartment complex at the time was near a grave yard, so every time it rained my dad would make a joke that the zombies were coming(my dad was a right B@stard). Then I saw the next one. Im not sure, but did that movie even come out in the theaters, or was it direct to DVD.

And here is a big problem I had with almost all of them. This Trioxin or what ever the name of the gas that reanimates dead things, all dead things, was never protected. They would always just throw it on the back of these trucks, exposed to the elements, usually with some drunk guy driving. Then he would hit acurve to hard, or swurve or some stupid thing, and a couple of canisters would just go tumbling over the side. This is the most dangerous chemical agent the world has ever known, and yet, they treat it like they were just hauling fertilizer. Groan:confused:

:lol: :lol:

That's so true. But then again frank didn't treat that canister in the basement with kid gloves either. Part two did indeed come out in the movies. I remember the trailer for it vividly.

RustyHicks
25-Jun-2007, 12:52 AM
ROTLD the first one was pretty good, I enjoyed the comedy in it. The second one though, uggghhh that was so terrible it's still giving me nightmares:mad: The storyline was dumb, acting was even dumber and the silliness of the whole thing just made no sense. The only good thing about ROTLD2, was the Michael Jackson zombie getting electricuted at the end:evil: :D

I haven't seen parts 3, 4, or 5 yet. Is there a 5???:barf:

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 01:01 AM
The only good thing about ROTLD2, was the Michael Jackson zombie getting electricuted at the end:evil: :D
:

For me it was the fact that it mercifully ended.

jdog
25-Jun-2007, 03:14 AM
Damn i just posted virtually the exact same thing in another forum. :lol: I guess it's not just me. I also said that there are too many noobs that take on these projects. How about an established name to bring some credibility and vision to the project.

alot of the hacks that are hired to make these piles of crap are nobodys that they hire for the minimum and just hand a script to. we need a zombie movie that had a little effort put into it like the work GAR did, now that had vision and passion. :skull:

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 03:22 AM
alot of the hacks that are hired to make these piles of crap are nobodys that they hire for the minimum and just hand a script to. we need a zombie movie that had a little effort put into it like the work GAR did, now that had vision and passion. :skull:

Few people have the love for the genre and the grasp of it that GAR does. It scares me because there's nobody on the horizon that looks capable of taking the reigns once he's gone. :( That's why i'd like to see a couple of more dead flicks out of him before he passes.

jdog
25-Jun-2007, 03:35 AM
Few people have the love for the genre and the grasp of it that GAR does. It scares me because there's nobody on the horizon that looks capable of taking the reigns once he's gone. :( That's why i'd like to see a couple of more dead flicks out of him before he passes.

:( i agree the more GAR dead flicks the better so i will have at least a handfull of good movies to watch over and over.:(
i hope someone comes along and makes a good zombie movie and takes over where GAR left of and does justice to the world GAR created.:|

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 03:38 AM
:( i agree the more GAR dead flicks the better so i will have at least a handfull of good movies to watch over and over.:(
i hope someone comes along and makes a good zombie movie and takes over where GAR left of and does justice to the world GAR created.:|

I was thinking that maybe Gar was grooming savini to be his protoge but the experience he had directing the remake, totally turned him off to that. I think savini is the only one that he would trust to direct a dead film.

MissJacksonCA
25-Jun-2007, 04:55 AM
The guy who wrote the screenplay also co-wrote Dead and Buried :)