PDA

View Full Version : It's Official Die Hard 4 PG-13

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2007, 12:35 AM
A sad day has just come over cinema. When you to to the following link, the official site for DH4 at the lower left hand corner the rating is posted...

PG-13

http://livefreeordiehard.com/index_site.html

Well I am saving my $10.00 :(

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 12:43 AM
These guys crack me up. This stinks of greed. It's all an attempt to market it to the widest audience possible. They couldn't care less about making a good movie. Sadly this is a trend that's becoming more and more prevalent. :(

capncnut
14-Jun-2007, 10:42 AM
A top epitaph to an overblown film series. Actually I shouldn't say epitaph because I'm sure it will do well given the broader audience range it will attract. Oh and as for all this certificate business, anyone who truly appreciates film will understand that a certificate don't mean s**t. So what if he doesn't say "Yippie-Ki-Ayyy Motherf**ker"? So what if 500 people don't simultaneously explode onscreen every second? The movie might be worth it's weight in gold for sheer storyline alone and hell, you can get away with quite a lot in a PG rated movie nowdays.

MinionZombie
14-Jun-2007, 11:13 AM
Well the movie was originally shot for R, then deliberately neutering it to make a little bit more cash, that's just insanely lame, especially as with the R rating parents can take their kids in anyway! :rolleyes:

It shows contempt for the franchise and the fanbase, I doubt I'll be checking it out in the cinema, there's a slim chance I might, but most likely I won't bother...wait for the properly unrated DVD.

It's Die HARD, not Die Softly You Muddy Funster. :rolleyes:

bassman
14-Jun-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm with MZ. At least we know that it will have an unrated DVD. I'm not expecting the film to be as good as the first or last, anyway.

Danny
14-Jun-2007, 12:54 PM
looks like my 5 quids going on 30 days of night instead.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2007, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't guarantee an UNRATED DVD. 20th Century Fox doesn't release a lot of UNRATED DVD's.

Plus part of the enjoyment of a die hard film is watching it in theaters, and seeing BW go through the motions and foul language.

Sorry but I want Die Hard 4 to be raw on the big screen not watered down.

bassman
14-Jun-2007, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't guarantee an UNRATED DVD. 20th Century Fox doesn't release a lot of UNRATED DVD's.

Plus part of the enjoyment of a die hard film is watching it in theaters, and seeing BW go through the motions and foul language.

Sorry but I want Die Hard 4 to be raw on the big screen not watered down.

Well....no point in complaining now. It's going to be watered down. I don't mind all that much as long as the character of McClane is still there.

And there will be an R/Unrated dvd. I read an interview in which Willis guarantees it.

MinionZombie
14-Jun-2007, 04:46 PM
Well, there better had be an unrated/R DVD ... it'd make sense anyway. I wonder when the parody 'n' spoofing backlash will start, concerning feckin' PG-13 Die Softly. :rolleyes:

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 06:23 PM
Just when i though there couldn't be anything worse thatn the remake trend of recent years comes this. Old ass actors trying to breath life into 20 year old franchises when they're like 30 years passed their prime ( STALLONE!!).:mad:

Danny
14-Jun-2007, 07:12 PM
i agree im totally looking at transformers for my summer action movie fix.

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 07:41 PM
ditto. You notice that the movies that look like they're going to be worth seeing aren't sequels? :confused:

Danny
14-Jun-2007, 07:49 PM
aye it appears that t-2 will remain the exception to the ****ty sequel rule.

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 07:51 PM
That along with dawn and aliens are sequels that were as great if not better than the originals.

MinionZombie
14-Jun-2007, 08:23 PM
Well I personally thought "Rocky Balboa" was absolutely superb, and the trailer put out a few weeks back for "John Rambo" looked feckin' schweeeeeet. :cool:

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 08:38 PM
i Heard that balboa was good as well. I just got totally turned off by rocky 5. It's by far the worst in the series. I'm not mentioning any names but i guess all franchises have their "black sheep".

MinionZombie
14-Jun-2007, 08:52 PM
Rocky 5, is indeed the weakling of the series, but it has some moments...however, Rocky Balboa is the proper end to the saga, it's a fitting end and sits very well with the first Rocky actually.

It's well written, clearly comes from Stallone's heart, and it really rounds off the character. If you're a Rocky fan, it's a must-see. :cool:

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 09:01 PM
Then i guess I must see it then. I think part of why i didn't like 5 was the way it ended. People were forever taking advantage of him. He trusted the wrong people and he lost most of what he had. It's like real life i guess.

capncnut
14-Jun-2007, 09:23 PM
Darth, see Rocky Balboa NOW! It's a stonking little flick mate, rips 5 to shreds. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2007, 09:44 PM
I thought Rocky 6 would be a joke and let me tell you it has all the heart of Rocky 1 and it is a very entertaining film.

10 minutes of footage from DIE HARD 4

http://meta.yahoo-streaming.jp/webevents/yahoo/movie/diehard4/trailer03_1m.asx

Danny
14-Jun-2007, 11:32 PM
i Heard that balboa was good as well. I just got totally turned off by rocky 5. It's by far the worst in the series. I'm not mentioning any names but i guess all franchises have their "black sheep".

dude you just need to see rocky then rocky balboa to have the best sports story ever. it plays the nostalgia card perfectly even people who didnt like the other films loved it, its sentimental but in the good way totally 5 stars material

"AAADDRRIIIAAAANNN!":lol:

darth los
14-Jun-2007, 11:45 PM
Rocky is one of my favorite movies of all time. Definitely in my top ten. The reason why is because it trancends boxing. People think rocky is a movie about boxing, when in reality if there's 10 minutes of boxing in that movie it's alot. It's about the stuggles of life, second chances, hope. I used to try to get my girlfriend to watch it and she was like "EW!! I don't want to watch a boxing movie". I tried to explain that it's so much more than that, the ultimate underdog story. That's why i love gar's dead trilogy. If you say they're about zombies you'd be selling them short. It's about so much more. The dead simply provide the backdrop for srories about the state of the human condition at the time they were made. BRILLIANT !!!

fartpants
19-Jun-2007, 05:56 PM
ditto. You notice that the movies that look like they're going to be worth seeing aren't sequels? :confused:

i dunno the trailer for Rambo 4 looks good

darth los
19-Jun-2007, 07:09 PM
That's another problem. Of course it looks good because they show you everything worth seeing in the trailer for pete's sake. Then when you get to the movie your usually disapointed because you already got a heads up on what's going to happen . I especially hate it when they do that with comedies. They show all the funny stuff in the trailer and leave nothing for the people who go see the film.

DVW5150
19-Jun-2007, 07:25 PM
Remember the trailer for Alien? 'In space no one can hear you scream...'
The egg w/ the intense beams of light shooting from it...Nary a scene from the actual film. Makes you think .
Now they nearly show you all the meat, then when you watch it, its like," why is it all bones?"

'Rocky Balboa' gets a high five from Captcnut, Ill check it out.
I loved the storyline & acting in 'Rocky'. Talia Shire was so great, a total sweetheart.Butkis his dog rocked. What did he name his turtles?

I had the music soundtrack from it, played till it was worn.

Yippy ki ayy pooper scooper!

darth los
19-Jun-2007, 08:28 PM
What did he name his turtles?

Being an avid rocky fan i know this one. Their names were cuff and link. :D

MinionZombie
20-Jun-2007, 06:07 PM
And his dog in the new one is called "Punchy", little call back to the first film. :)

Rocky Balboa is indeed superb.

And aye, trailers these days - ah mate. What really pisses me off is that they always use the same format, it's really lame, all this banging and crashing and the same bloody style of text (visually and ... err ... the other one, contextually? :D)

Anyway, that gets on my titties, but aye, trailers give away too many goods. I wish they'd mix up the trailer vibe a bit more, leave an impression of wanting to see wtf this movie is about, not leaving you sitting there going "ah that bit" in the cinema. :D

EvilNed
20-Jun-2007, 06:15 PM
Like the Transformers trailer. Seriously, I've watched both trailers and it doesn't really give away anything - at all!

darth los
20-Jun-2007, 06:39 PM
I thought Rocky 6 would be a joke and let me tell you it has all the heart of Rocky 1 and it is a very entertaining film.

10 minutes of footage from DIE HARD 4

http://meta.yahoo-streaming.jp/webevents/yahoo/movie/diehard4/trailer03_1m.asx

It looks good, but then again so do most trailers. Didn't the trailer to jay and silent bob kick ass? :p

Neil
21-Jun-2007, 03:10 PM
Well, the first reviews at AICN seem to suggest DH4 is somewhat average... One commented on how some of the action was just over-the-top-CGI stuff, which from the clips was always a big concern to me...

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jun-2007, 03:55 PM
I am sure there would be CGI stuff. I expected the car flipping through the tunnel to be CGI, but it wasn't they said it was all wires and cables and it took 10 days to shoot it. Justin and Bruce were then chromakeyed into the scene.

bassman
21-Jun-2007, 04:14 PM
I saw a preview for it last night during the "AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies" and there were alot of clips that I had never seen. Every one of them screamed classic McClane.

I can't remember what he was saying now, but it immediately made me think of the previous films.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 05:45 PM
Nowdays half of the movies are done in front of green screens any way. Actors will become obselete soon. :D I'll take the originals special effects over cgi anyday.

MinionZombie
21-Jun-2007, 06:09 PM
Over the top action? Aye, figured that'd be a danger. There's proper action, and then there's OTT action...like that 'duck down, triple car smash, take out a chopper' thing, that's just retarded and too silly for Die Hard, which is supposed to be more bruisy than poncy.

bassman
21-Jun-2007, 06:10 PM
Nifty little interview with Kevin Smith and Bruce WillisHERE (http://http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/06/21/video-kevin-smith-interviews)

Willis is still claiming that the new film is as good as the first. He even takes a stab at his age and says that he'll be chasing terrorists in a wheelchair in Die Hard 5.:)

And about the OTT action.....
It does look that way from the trailers, but I'll wait until I see it in the film. Look at the trailers for the previous three. Jumping off a building, fighting on the wing of a plane that's taking off, swinging on a cable from a bridge to a boat with a pickup truck following you, etc etc.

If you think about it....most of the series has tip-toed on the edge of over the top, if not gone over the edge.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 07:22 PM
Those scenes from the first movie were definietly extreme but atleast you knew that they were real. If not will himself then it was a stunt double. With cgi, I just don't get the feeling that it's "real" and it detracts from the experience for me. It's the same for me with cgi gore. I'd take the 22 year old effects of day of the dead over land's cgi any day.

MinionZombie
22-Jun-2007, 10:53 AM
Practical effects are definitely best - just look at The Thing. Some are a tad iffy these days, but the film is still shocking, gross and terrifying. Part down to the effective work of Carpenter (before he sold out :lol:), but also down to the fact you know the effect is taking place before the actor's eyes.

CGI can be really good, or really effective, but yes, PRACTICAL is always best.

A bit of CGI enhancement is okay, but still...used sparingly. It was indeed a shame that Land used CGI gore, but it also used practical gore, and no doubt the use of CGI was down to time constraints as well as practicality issues.

Hell yeah, Day of the Dead has awesome effects, I'm still taken aback, they're just awesome. Best zombie effects EVER, no diggity no doubt. :cool::thumbsup:

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 12:03 PM
Practical effects are definitely best - just look at The Thing. Some are a tad iffy these days, but the film is still shocking, gross and terrifying. Part down to the effective work of Carpenter (before he sold out :lol:), but also down to the fact you know the effect is taking place before the actor's eyes.

CGI can be really good, or really effective, but yes, PRACTICAL is always best.

A bit of CGI enhancement is okay, but still...used sparingly. It was indeed a shame that Land used CGI gore, but it also used practical gore, and no doubt the use of CGI was down to time constraints as well as practicality issues.

Hell yeah, Day of the Dead has awesome effects, I'm still taken aback, they're just awesome. Best zombie effects EVER, no diggity no doubt. :cool::thumbsup:

It's true. The cgi technology just isn't to the point where it's believable in most cases. It has it's uses though. In the dawn 04' scene where they bust out of the mall and it was used to show thousands of zombies on the screen at once, something previously unseen, i think it worked quite nicely. It could have also been used at the beginning of day to show romero's true vision of millions of ghoul inhabiting a city.