PDA

View Full Version : what happens if...

MissJacksonCA
14-Jun-2007, 03:54 AM
I wonder how airplane pilots midair would react when they hear a zombie attack over the airwaves... I mean would they drop down and land or try to stay up for as long as possible? Hmm...

capncnut
14-Jun-2007, 12:14 PM
Check out the beginning to Clive Barker's graphic comic, Night Of The Living Dead: London. It show's you a zombie outbreak ONBOARD a plane. :eek:

As for the question at hand though, I think it's blatantly obvious that if they had no family commitments (let's face it, that would be hard to ignore) then they would probably 'make it to the island'. Not that it would be any safer, as Land's zombies proved that oceans are no longer an obstacle for the zombs.

Shadowofthedead
14-Jun-2007, 02:52 PM
land the plane in the water after fuel runs low... or a mutiny would occur and people would force land the plane... then they all get eattin by zeds:elol:

DVW5150
14-Jun-2007, 03:19 PM
Check out the beginning to Clive Barker's graphic comic, Night Of The Living Dead: London. It show's you a zombie outbreak ONBOARD a plane. :eek:

As for the question at hand though, I think it's blatantly obvious that if they had no family commitments (let's face it, that would be hard to ignore) then they would probably 'make it to the island'. Not that it would be any safer, as Land's zombies proved that oceans are no longer an obstacle for the zombs.

Man, Clives 'NOTL Dead : London' is really good .
As far as zeds navigating miles of ocean, I imagine that scores of them would get stuck at reefs, dropoffs and other obstructions that cover the ocean bottom.
If say, a bull shark, takes a curious bite of a zed, it would end up like that oldy Zomb film...

The not knowing, except what an air traffic controller is going to tell them, and if any passengers have gathered info from relatives-friends by cell phone.

" Sub Dead ": A US navy sub during outbreak ; the crews experience of recon in cities on either the eastern or western seaboard of the US ... or the Gulf of Mexico.The story line (centered around the crew) would be 3 or 4 particular cities they go to.
I havent yet finished it ...:|

MissJacksonCA
14-Jun-2007, 05:11 PM
I can't quite agree that Land showed us that zombies could travel by ocean considering that the ocean has rip tides, waves, currents, and sharks. A zombie could scarcely navigate that any better than a human would without a boat of some kind. Even with a boat thats no guarantee of safe passage. But it would be fun to see zombies as floatsam and jetsam.

Additionally landing a plane on the water is no easy or surviveable feat. I love how they tell you where you can find a life preserver but the fact of the matter is the water is no safer place to land they'd be better off draining out their fuel and finding a span in the salt flats or something ...

All ideas very interesting and I shall be on the lookout for that london thing...

jim102016
14-Jun-2007, 08:25 PM
I can't quite agree that Land showed us that zombies could travel by ocean considering that the ocean has rip tides, waves, currents, and sharks. A zombie could scarcely navigate that any better than a human would without a boat of some kind. Even with a boat thats no guarantee of safe passage. But it would be fun to see zombies as floatsam and jetsam.

Additionally landing a plane on the water is no easy or surviveable feat. I love how they tell you where you can find a life preserver but the fact of the matter is the water is no safer place to land they'd be better off draining out their fuel and finding a span in the salt flats or something ...

All ideas very interesting and I shall be on the lookout for that london thing...

I'd say that river crossing outside the city in Land would be a lot different than crossing the Atlantic Ocean. The salt water and the elements would wear them down to nothing real fast.

Danny
14-Jun-2007, 11:26 PM
sounds like youd like the stephen king tv 2 part drama the longoliers, a flight goes through an aroura and all but the people who were asleep dissappear leaving behind watches ,bags, clothes, wigs, retainers even pacemakers, they land and theres no one around , i wont spoil it for you but its geat for any romero fan. though kign and romero seem to go hand in hand for most horror nuts i find.
I like the idea, not of an infection occuring but the not knowing m its like the old horror cliche of listening to someone being killed on the other sid eof a door and taking it to the extremeist possible optio outside full on scifi.
ive got a bit in a book i was writing ages back, but stopped for some reason and forgot about it (i really should start again) were a group of soldiers flying in a big military plane over the atlantic on there way home from iraq have technical difficultys, they head over the sea to avoid a storm and of course they cant see owt and think that the storms screwing with em ,then they slowly hear tidbits of horror, they dont believe it at first but you know they get it eventually, meanwhile the other groups of people on the ground are doing the usual stuff as these soldiers whove been at war for the past year come back to find that there countrys been virtually destroyed over the course of 3 days by something i dont get into at that point,(its NOT virus and would take a whiel to expalin) but the point is the idea of seeing nothing and onjly getting tidbits of info is way scarier i find than seeing it up close you dont know if your familys safe, if your safe even though you in no danger, least not till you gotta land cus the fuels running out....:sneaky:

MissJacksonCA
14-Jun-2007, 11:30 PM
oh man hated The Langoliers... that movie drove me crazy not sure if it was the guy uh whats his name... he was on the surreal world... was in that show with the curly haired dude where he was a foreigner... anyway...

totally couldn't stand that movie it just didnt make sense for me and I was tortured into watching it twice... i shudder remembering it

Deadman_Deluxe
15-Jun-2007, 08:40 AM
My guess is that the ATC (air traffic control) posts would be abandoned, leaving no one to guide the aircraft down.

Commercial airline pilots and private aircraft would ideally try to reach their target airport runway, for obvious reasons, but the runway's could be in chaos, possibly already full of returning aircraft who have failed to reach their designated stand, or possibly even full of crashed and burning aircraft making a landing either extremely difficult or impossible.

Without guidance from ATC the pilots would have to find their own way down, though it would be the choice of the pilot WHERE to land.

Eyebiter
15-Jun-2007, 10:19 AM
Think it would depend on the type of outbreak. Consider on 9/11 every passenger jet in US airspace was on the ground in a short period of time. Just because a plane is ordered to land doesn't mean the situation on the ground is safe however.

JohnoftheDead
15-Jun-2007, 12:02 PM
As far as zeds crossing the ocean goes, the pressure at the bottom of the ocean would crush a healthy human being, so a rotting one definitely would be crushed. That's why humans can't enter the wreckage of Titanic.

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 01:49 PM
If they had a plane load of people and all of a sudden there's zombies bustin' out rather suddenly, then I'd imagine they'd be looking to get every plane down to gather people together in groups.

Then if they knew it was a virus type deal, they'd be looking to down aircraft anyway, as a way of trying to stop it spreading ... didn't they do that kind of thing when SARS broke out?

darth los
15-Jun-2007, 06:15 PM
I agree that flights would be grounded asap. In the event of an emergency of that scope the gov't wants to concentrate the population, thus the rationale for martial law. Having people all over the place would make their job harder.

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 08:27 PM
Plus aviation is a bitch already, all that waiting at check-in, the screaming kid next to you, the dirty bastard who snaked out a tree trunk in the bogs, all the people, the deep vein thrombosis...then add zombies to that? Ah mate, better staying in your own Burt Gummer stylee bunker! :p

Oooh...now there's something - Burt Gummer versus the living dead, survivalist style! Now THAT is a comic book in the waiting right there!

MZ points at everyone sneakily, that's copyright to me, roight?! :sneaky:

darth los
15-Jun-2007, 08:48 PM
the dirty bastard who snaked out a tree trunk in the bogs [/B]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's nasty, lol but so true. :eek:

MissJacksonCA
15-Jun-2007, 08:49 PM
burt who?

darth los
15-Jun-2007, 08:49 PM
MZ points at everyone sneakily, that's copyright to me, roight?! :sneaky:

Learn from your boy Gar's mistakes. Make sure that copyright is in !!

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 09:16 PM
burt who?
Ah mate, (hellsing will love this :p) Google is your friend. :)

Burt Gummer is the survivalist cook from the Tremors movie franchise.

MissJacksonCA
15-Jun-2007, 09:24 PM
OOO Tremors ruled! I liked Tremors 2 as well... especially when Burt shows up after everyone thought he died... and he had video footage of the things attacking him and he eventually ran outta bullets and was forced to use 'hand to hand combat'... classic!

Danny
15-Jun-2007, 09:52 PM
Ah mate, (hellsing will love this :p) Google is your friend. :)

Burt Gummer is the survivalist cook from the Tremors movie franchise.

nto only a google burn but a termors reference *wipes tear from eye* su-poib!:D

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 10:07 PM
nto only a google burn but a termors reference *wipes tear from eye* su-poib!

You know me, gotta put the effort in. :)

Damn, it's a veritable post-a-thon tonight, I guess nobody in the UK has much to do. :D

darth los
15-Jun-2007, 10:32 PM
It seems to be the case here in the states as well. Which considering this is a friday is beyond sad. :(

MinionZombie
16-Jun-2007, 11:00 AM
It seems to be the case here in the states as well. Which considering this is a friday is beyond sad. :(
But Friday isn't really the new 'going out day', apparently Sunday is coming in in a big way. :confused:

Probably because it's really crowded on Friday/Saturday...heck, any day could be a good enough day...but also, as has apparently been the case for years "staying in is the new going out". :)

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 05:41 PM
However you want to rationalize it it buddy. :p

MinionZombie
16-Jun-2007, 05:50 PM
However you want to rationalize it it buddy.

Each to their own I say, whatever floats your boat. I don't dig this culture of binge drinking, it's not my style, but then what else is there in the UK? Not much, at least not out in the sticks.

CornishCorpse
16-Jun-2007, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE]Each to their own I say, whatever floats your boat. I don't dig this culture of binge drinking, it's not my style, but then what else is there in the UK? Not much, at least not out in the sticks.[QUOTE]

Obviously you have yet to combine Mind Altering substances and Cow tipping

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 02:47 AM
Each to their own I say, whatever floats your boat. I don't dig this culture of binge drinking, it's not my style, but then what else is there in the UK? Not much, at least not out in the sticks.

I'm not into that scene either. I'd much rather sit at home with my girlfriend pop in a flick, perhaps get drunk and get some lovin'. Not a bad plan really.