PDA

View Full Version : Barrymore, not Drew...

capncnut
15-Jun-2007, 09:44 PM
For all those not in the know, this man is a big celebrity in the UK.

More time to question Barrymore

Police have been given more time to question Michael Barrymore and another man about the death of Stuart Lubbock.

Mr Barrymore, 55, and two men, aged 37 and 32, were arrested on Thursday on suspicion of sexual assault and murder. Mr Lubbock, 31, was found near the swimming pool at the entertainer's home near Harlow, Essex, in March 2001.

The 37-year-old man has been taken away for medical treatment and questioning will continue when he returns to where he is being held, police said. A group of Mr Barrymore's fans gathered outside South Woodham Ferrers police station on Friday morning holding a poster saying "we love Michael". Mr Barrymore's solicitor arrived at the station and when asked how his client was coping, he replied: "Fine."

Police have until 2200 BST on Friday to question Mr Barrymore and until midnight to question a 32-year-old man who was arrested in north Staffordshire. A warrant for further detention in relation to a 37-year-old man arrested in Lancashire is not yet needed and a decision will be made later.

Mr Barrymore had hosted a party at his former house in Roydon in the hours before Mr Lubbock's body was found. An inquest in 2002 into the death recorded an open verdict. The inquest heard Mr Lubbock suffered severe internal injuries which suggested he had been the victim of a serious sexual assault. Alcohol, ecstasy and cocaine were found in his bloodstream.

An investigation was carried out by Essex Police, but no-one was charged with any offence in connection with his death. In December 2006, Essex Police began a new inquiry. The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) also launched an investigation.

Following Thursday's arrests, the IPCC put on hold its inquiry into complaints made by the Lubbock family about the original Essex Police investigation. Mr Lubbock's father, Terry, 62, of Harlow, said: "My life has been on hold. I will never get those six years back again. Why has it taken so long? "I have had so many disappointments over the past six years. This could be another one."

Dirty bastard. :dead:

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 10:15 PM
It's nucking futs, I thought this had been sorted several times over already?!

Big celebrity? :sneaky::D Hmmm...

capncnut
15-Jun-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, he certainly used to be and is definitely a household name in the UK. Dirty bastard. :dead:

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 10:28 PM
Household name yes, has-been yes. :sneaky:

capncnut
15-Jun-2007, 10:30 PM
In other words, still famous. :D

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 10:32 PM
In other words, still famous. :D
Well, more schmamous than famous. :D

capncnut
15-Jun-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, more schmamous than famous. :D
Okay, I'll letcha 'ave that one. But he's still a dirty bastard.

Ol' Lubbock's old man has been doing his bollocks since the whole thing began and now he gets slapped in the face with this? Now Barrywhore is on suicide watch, just like Paris. Sickening, just plain wrong matey!

Danny
15-Jun-2007, 11:37 PM
has there ever been any proof that he did it?, i mean its not like a certain someones blood stained glove found on the lawn or something if it was a bigass party **** could have gone down without him being involved, i mean it has been going on for years now and he still hasnt been convicted if he did do it undeniably then hed have his ass in the slammer a long time ago.

MissJacksonCA
16-Jun-2007, 03:07 AM
if he was sexually assaulted you'd think they'd be able to find dna evidence or something...

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 05:01 AM
It's sad what passes for celebrity and talent nowdays. The end is near people. REPENT!!

MinionZombie
16-Jun-2007, 11:02 AM
The whole thing has turned into a complete farce, a really grim farce. :eek:

fartpants
16-Jun-2007, 12:45 PM
this is the most entertainment Barrymore has ever given us...

capncnut
16-Jun-2007, 12:46 PM
I dunno, Strike It Lucky/Rich wasn't too bad back in the day.

CornishCorpse
16-Jun-2007, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE]It's sad what passes for celebrity and talent nowdays. The end is near people. REPENT!![QUOTE]

Well there was this time at school some bastard threw a brownie at my head..( what a waste ) so I MAY have rubbed it in the nearest pile of rubbish and then possibly made him eat it. :shifty: Dont you judge me!

Barrymore WAS a star and this has been closed and re-opened a hundred times. Poor guy, he suffered being part of big brother then got his own show or something I think? I remember seeing him looking happy and doing his old routine of chatting with the audience.

Gah, let sleeping dogs lie.

Danny
16-Jun-2007, 10:17 PM
aye the dude was sexually assualted, if they couldnt find dna at the time then he didnt do it dna doesnt lie.

flyboy
17-Jun-2007, 11:47 AM
For all those not in the know, this man is a big celebrity in the UK.

Dirty bastard. :dead:

ere,ere.he was very funny mr barrymore in his time.he hosted srike it rich.the cops found a corpse in his swimming pool, it had been raped aka-bummed to death!!!:evil:

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 03:54 PM
I just googled it ( see MZ, i know how to use it). This is disturbing. It's sad that's what he'll always be known for. Whenever something turns into a circus like this ( ala O.J.) It overshadows everything they've ever done and most likely ever will do.

Tricky
17-Jun-2007, 05:46 PM
if he was sexually assaulted you'd think they'd be able to find dna evidence or something...

Not if it was a chlorinated swimming pool.Imagine being bummed to death though,that is a horrible way to go :barf:

Neil
17-Jun-2007, 06:18 PM
It's nucking futs, I thought this had been sorted several times over already?!

Come on.. He was massive before this incident..

flyboy
18-Jun-2007, 07:13 AM
Not if it was a chlorinated swimming pool.Imagine being bummed to death though,that is a horrible way to go :barf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Danny
18-Jun-2007, 09:44 AM
how is that funny?:rockbrow: